Hearing girl looking to make deaf friends

Ru3y

Reaction score
Hello, I am 17 years old, from Idaho, and I’m here to make deaf friends :) I have deaf relatives and I’m currently learning ASL. I would love to learn more about the culture, people, and get better at my ASL. Thanks! ~

Welcome to the all deaf! Thank you for sharing with us about yourself. I am deaf and am originally from WI. I’m the only deaf person in my family. ASL is a beautiful language to learn and communicate with other deaf people!

The best way to learn more about ASL, deaf culture and meeting others would be meeting others at deaf events or perhaps deaf church. It’s a great way to socialize with other deaf people. We have a wonderful deaf congregation and purely in ASL. If you want me to send you a link of live video of deaf congregation, I would be happy to do it. It has no voice on it but it’s a great way to develop your receptive skills. You will get better with practice and eventually you’ll be fluent in ASL.

God’s blessings

Welcome to the all deaf! Thank you for sharing with us about yourself. I am deaf and am originally from WI. I’m the only deaf person in my family. ASL is a beautiful language to learn and communicate with other deaf people!

The best way to learn more about ASL, deaf culture and meeting others would be meeting others at deaf events or perhaps deaf church. It’s a great way to socialize with other deaf people. We have a wonderful deaf congregation and purely in ASL. If you want me to send you a link of live video of deaf congregation, I would be happy to do it. It has no voice on it but it’s a great way to develop your receptive skills. You will get better with practice and eventually you’ll be fluent in ASL.

God’s blessings
Yes, if you could send me the link then that’d be great!

Hi! It’s cool that you’re learning ASL! I’m 19 years old, from Canada and I’m deaf, but I don’t have any deaf relatives. I’m trying to get better at ASL too. :)

Hi! It’s cool that you’re learning ASL! I’m 19 years old, from Canada and I’m deaf, but I don’t have any deaf relatives. I’m trying to get better at ASL too. :)
Nice to meet you! Hope we both get better at ASL! Feel free to contact me at any time, you seem very nice! :)

God’s blessings
Can we be friends?

Awesome! Here is the link. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jesusdeaf

Just remember there is no voice on it but it’s all visual and a great way to practice your receptive skill. Smile. For other users on all deaf, you are welcome to view this link. It is open to the public. Let me know if you have any question or just want to talk.

God’s blessings

Back