Have you saw ghost or heard rumor ghost is out there?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
I read a lot of ghost books once got me goose bumps and I seen that ghost is right there under my bed and saw only 2 eyes that looks like snake's eye. I turn the light on from my night stand lamp. Whoa! It was scary me out of shit! No shit! That book has contain " warning " that says if you are about to reading the book about the ghost stories and the ghost will come to you and makes you feel eerie and goose bumps too. Do not read that book if you have problem with heart or epilepsy and that book about ghost can cause heart attack or will occure to happen epilepsy too. I would like to hear about your reaction and Have you touched that experience about saw ghost before or heard rumor too?

I have seen it or heard it but it doesnt bother me one bit. I just love learning it and get the experience.

I had a few encounter with the spirit of my deceased families and pets. They just contact me and let me know that they are ok on the other side. So that give me releive knowing they are fine.

Although, I've never seen or felt what I believe to be ghosts, I have been ghost hunting with friends on several occassions. We research local places that are reportedly haunted, and go there in groups late at night to check them out. We've had quite some spooky experiences. I'm hoping to go again very soon, and hopefully I'll get some better pictures than last time.

I suppose I've seen some "ghosts" before...one that looked evil with its hood covered and I couldn't see its face...so dark in there...I had a dream of that "ghost" with its hood covered and pointed at me with its skeleton hands then I woke up quickly and turned my head, the same "ghost" from my dream is still there! standing on my side, then it deepens through the floor and disappears while it still stares at me...then after it was gone, I started crying out loud. (I was like 4 or 5 and I never forget that dream, ever!)

then just afew weeks ago, as I was taking my shoes off while sitting on the bed, someone cross the kitchen and the hall to my mom's room walked so fast I couldn't get a straight look although we didn't have much lights on at night, it looked dark and kind of stared at me as it goes by so I thought it was my mom so after I took off my shoes and went to her room just to tell her good night, but no one was in there! then I turned out silently, thinking to myself..."what was that?" then I walked into the living room and saw my mom sleeping on the couch with the TV on. I got confused..were my eyes playing tricks on me or did I actually see a "ghost" or something? whatever it was, I dunno...I haven't seen another ghost in a long time until afew days ago I did.

serioulsy, I wonder what it all means...and they tell me that if you seen a dark spirit, it's pure evil, so don't mess with it. *shudders*

This is the scariest ghost story I've ever encountered. This is an old legend that I remember hearing about back in elementary school. The area that is supposively haunted is the Civil War battleground of Chickamauga, which is just south of Chattanooga, TN.

While these two battles will be forever connected, it is actually the field where the Battle of Chickamauga was fought that is said to be haunted.

Many years before the Civil War, before the white man brought his armies to die here, the Native Americans of the region had already done their share of dying in this place. The Cherokee Indians had christened the stream “Chickamauga” or the “River of Death”. The white armies who came here would cause this river to run red with blood.

After darkness fell on the last day of the battle, within hours of the last shots being fired, women were seen searching the battlefield by lantern light. It has been reported that this eerie lights, along with the voices and cries of the women, are still present on the field today.

Thirty years after the war, a camp was established on the old battlefield to train men for the Spanish-American War. The camp was named after Thomas, the “Rock of Chickamauga”. During the brief time the camp was in operation, disease ran rampant here and men died by the score.... ending with more deaths than the American forces suffered during all of the fighting in Cuba.

And the long record of death did not end there either. The sprawling park has been the continuing scene of death by murder and suicide. It has been reported that at least one death each year occurs in the huge park, which is accessible at night by many public roads. Thanks to this fact, the park is also used a dumping ground for victims who are murdered elsewhere.

One notable murder attempt in the recent past involved a woman and her boyfriend who plotted the death of the woman’s husband. The murder did not go as planned and the husband escaped, badly injured. He was chased screaming through the park and was discovered by rangers with the killers still in pursuit, both of them carrying knives.

But is not these strange and bizarre happenings, nor even the hauntings, which bring thousands of tourists to Chickamauga each year, it is the history. Of course, there are those tourists (like myself for instance) who are always in search of both.... history and ghosts.

Those who come to Chickamauga are not disappointed.

The park is one of the oldest and the largest of the battlefield parks. It is peaceful and tranquil in the daylight hours, but after the sun goes down, strange things are reported to happen...

The battlefield has long been associated with the macabre. Many of the corpses of the Union soldiers lay where they fell in battle for more than two months before they were buried... and they were buried everywhere in the park. One report claimed they were often buried in rows, from head to foot, and one grave would hold up to three or four bodies. There are no stones to mark these graves and it is said that even today, a park maintenance crew will occasionally uncover bodies were none were previously thought to be located.

There are said to be many ghosts and spirits roaming the woods and fields of Chickamauga. Rangers and visitors report many odd noises on the grounds, including sounds of men moaning and crying; shouts and screams when no one is present; and the sounds of horses galloping... where no horses ever appear. Some visitors, and even crew members, tell of feeling as though they are being watched in the woods at night. Others report seeing the underbrush move inexplicably, as though a squad of invisible soldiers are passing by. One of the rangers was even told by a “well-known minister” that he had witnessed a man on horseback ride past him at Chickamauga.... although the rider had no head.

One popular legend of the battlefield is that of the ghostly lady in white. She has been seen many times, by a wide variety of different people, roaming about the park. The legends say that she was the wife or lover of a soldier who was slain in the battle and that she is now searching for his spirit. Even after all of these years, she has reportedly never found him.

But despite all of the tales and stories of strange activity, there is one legend of Chickamauga who remains the most famous of all, “Old Green Eyes”. This mysterious entity was given this colorful nickname by park visitors and rangers who have encountered him over the years. Who is he? Well, that’s a good question, because there happens to be two very different legends to explain his presence in the park.

The first story (which frankly doesn’t seem to match the creature’s appearance or behavior) claims that “Old Green Eyes” was a Confederate soldier who had his head blown off his body during the battle. When he was buried, all that could be found of him was his head as his body had been destroyed. The stories say that his spirit now roams the battlefield at night, moaning and searching for his missing body.

Visitors and staff members claim to have seen green, glowing eyes coming toward them in the darkness and have heard the sounds of a soldier moaning in despair. In the early 1970’s, two different and unrelated people had accidents near the same place in the park, wrecking their cars after reportedly seeing these glowing eyes.

The other legend of “Old Green Eyes” is apparently a much older one... and much more unnerving too. In this case, reliable witnesses have reported the creature to be, not a slain soldier, but a beast which barely even resembles a person. The story also states that “Old Green Eyes” was present at Chickamauga long before the Civil War. Some accounts also claim that the monster was seen moving among the dead at a place called Snodgrass Hill, after the battle was over.

The reports say that the creature is human-like, although he has glowing green eyes, waist-length, light-colored hair and huge, misshapen jaws from which fangs protrude. Obviously, he is not a pretty sight, nor a creature that you would want to meet in a secluded location in the dark.

Which is exactly where some people claim to have encountered him!

One of the most notable encounters occurred to a park ranger named Edward Tinney, who described his brush with the creature to author Richard Winer in a 1981 interview. He was walking through the park one night when he was struck by a strange chill, one unlike anything he had ever felt before. A moment later, he saw the creature appear out of the darkness. “When it passed me,” he said, “I could see his hair was long like a woman’s. The eyes -I’ll never forget those eyes- they were glaring, almost greenish-orange in color, flashing like some sort of wild animal. The teeth were long and pointed like fangs. It was wearing a dark cape that seemed to be flapping in the wind, but there was no wind. I didn’t know whether to run or scream or what. Then the headlights of an approaching car came blazing through the fog, and the thing disappeared right in front of me.”

He assured the writer that the creature was real. “I’ve seen Green Eyes,” Tinney said. “You know he’s watching. We all know he’s watching us. It’s enough to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.... and I’m not a superstitious man.”

Finally, we should take a brief look at one of the strangest incidents to take place in the park, although it is unknown whether it is linked to the supernatural or not. The incident occurred at Wilder Tower. This monument marks the center of the Union lines where the Confederates finally broke through and routed the Federal forces.

The tower is a stone structure that stands 85 feet high. It was built in 1903 by men who served under Colonel John T. Wilder at Chickamauga. The colonel’s mounted infantry, armed with Spencer repeating rifles, managed to hold off the attacking Confederate troops long enough for the Union men to make a somewhat orderly retreat.

When Wilder had been commissioned, the Union army was so poorly equipped that his men were given mules to ride and hatchets for weapons. He used every political favor that he could to get horses for his troops and he used his own money to purchase rifles. Wilder bought each of his men a Spencer Rifle that was equipped to hold seven shots. He purchased 2100 of them for $13 each. Thanks to these weapons, Wilder’s men were able to hold off more than 14,000 Confederates during the retreat.

The tower was erected in Wilder’s memory by survivors of the mounted infantry. Souvenirs of the war were sealed into the cornerstone of the structure, which was scheduled to be opened again in 1976. The stone would then be opened to celebrate the Bicentennial. Strangely, although the stone showed no signs of being disturbed in any way.... the contents placed inside in 1903 had vanished.

The strange incident at the tower took place in 1970 when a young man decided to climb the tower after dark. Since the park is open at night, the tower is kept locked in order to keep people from going out onto the observation deck at the top. But this didn’t stop the man, as he instead climbed the lightning rod which was fixed the back of the tower. He then slipped into a gun slot which was placed about 14 feet off the ground. He went inside and ran up the steps to the top, where he called to his friends, who were about 50 feet away drinking beer.

Suddenly, the young people outside heard a scream from inside of the tower. Panicked the boy ran down the winding staircase and quickly jumped out of the small window from which he had entered the tower.... or so he thought. Instead, he fell about 25 feet onto solid concrete and although he survived, was paralyzed for the rest of his life.

He was never able to explain what had happened at Wilder Tower.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/chick.html

Wow yes same me too!

Yes that is true! I have the feel that spirit from my parent who just passed away this year and they are here inside of my feeling. They said they still around here the same level out here too but no more flesh or bone all gone. They said there have no color but can see it's like color of x-ray picture black and white with all the lines of shape that shows the house,tree,car,people,etc. and I told them go to heaven. But they said there is no heaven or hell just same here. I think they are waiting line up for the judgement's day. I guess so? What do you thinks of it?

Pomeranian said:
I have seen it or heard it but it doesnt bother me one bit. I just love learning it and get the experience.

I had a few encounter with the spirit of my deceased families and pets. They just contact me and let me know that they are ok on the other side. So that give me releive knowing they are fine.

I'm having sex with my ghost right now...

Oh wait, that's my left hand! Never mind! ;)

lol funny- vamp haha

yeah my old house is haunted.. but its not that scary as there is an old lady who lived there long time ago.. she died in that house.. and she still live there to this day... anyhow she is soooooo sweet.. every time my mom and i have coffee.. she would go to the cabinet and grab a cup and the cup would float over to the table .. like she would come to a social occasion like in the past? so obiviously she just want to have a good time .. others time.. u can see the ghosts sitting around in the living room talking.. i can see the gentleman smoke.. i can smell the cigar smoke around.. its surreal.. but i know there are no cigars?? lol.. hehe.. and one halloween i was 9.. my sister hosted a halloween party with her school friends.. we had so fun.. when it came to having a seance party.. lol.. all of us were sitting around the table.. with candles in middle of the table.. we all were holding hands.. my mom were talking... she said u know there are ghosts here.. everyone said no no.. no want to hear nothing about ghosts.. my sis said yes yes.. then the ghost came and got cup and it floated across the room.. out of blue came a fly and it flew thru the candle?? all kids screamed and running out of the kitchen and out of the house.. in to the darkness???? LOL.. i never forgot that .. believe it or not...fly is still alive?? not dead?? thru fire?? again it is so surreal.. lmaoooo.. my mom and i were the only one sitting on the table.. i was not scared..... i laughed and laughed.. lol.. i'm mean.. i knmow.. :x hehe..

in 60s.. a couple resides before my dad and my mom moved in the house.. tried to build an extra room in the back of the house.. and the bathroom.. next day the wall is down?? it was nailed solid ?? how can that be?? there were no thunderstorms or winds ?? none.. everyone around my hometown were excited about this event as the word were spread throughout the town.. they all came to the house and see it.. they suspected it was ghosts as there were stories like the lady.. obiviously the lady were upset about her house being added to more rooms when she want it to stay that way?? after that a while.. the ghost got to accept it and never bother it again..

the house is in bad poor shape and is fixing to fall down.. :( it was built in 1928. sighs.. life goes on.. oh well.. :( sniffing..

Saturday.. Starrygaze and i went to Cheyenne downtown.. we were looking thru the old houses as they are going to tear down to make room for new library.. anyway starrygaze's mom came out shuddered.. i said whats the matter? she said that room gave me creeps.. i said really.. so starrygaze and i went upstairs to the attic room.. i could feel alot of angry up there.. the spirits are restless.. i dunno why.. maybe they know their house is going to be torn down and they want to prevent that?? i dont know.. i walked around.. and said lets get out of here.. starrygaze said ok.. and down the stairs.. i could feel the COLD breeze.. like they r telling me to get out.. ugh.. had to hurry and get out of there.. boy am i glad to be out .. ha.. never felt something like that before..

i do love to watch ghosthunters on tv.. they are very interesting.. i do believe in ghosts as i have seen them many times.. ha.. :)

The Ghost Tour stops at Manoa Chinese Cemetery.

At 6 years old, Lopaka Kapanui was touched by a demon. Asleep in his bedroom, he was awakened by something poking his back through the mattress. He immediately looked underneath the bed and saw nothing. But as he turned toward the glass jalousies of his bedroom, Kapanui saw a shadow of a large clawed hand.

"I was too scared to scream," he said, remembering hiding underneath the sheets.

Too afraid to tell his parents, Kapanui only spoke of the 10-minute encounter years later.

Growing up in Maili, Kapanui said he was surrounded by local ghost stories of giants and menehune told by family members. Through storytelling, he found a new respect, rather than fear, for the spirits that wander the Hawaiian Islands.

Now 34, Kapanui regularly hosts the Ghosthunters Bus Tour. Sponsored by Honolulu TimeWalks Chicken Skin, programs created by Glen Grant and Jill Staas, Kapanui tells local tales derived from Grant's collection of books. He also includes his personal encounters with the supernatural.

Morgan's Corner, Makapuu Lookout and Manoa Chinese Cemetery are some of the sites visited on the tour. Each site is treated with respect. "I make it a point to ask permission first before I tell stories," said Kapanui.

Many who take the tour arrive with ti leaves, Hawaiian salt, crucifixes and holy water to ward off evil spirits, said Kapanui, who believes these forms of "protection" are unnecessary.

The tour is meant to be taken in the spirit of fun, but many people arrive already keyed up, he said. On one tour, the whole group refused to get off the bus when they arrived at Manoa Chinese Cemetery, said Kapanui.

In May, a Secret Service agent from Virginia, whose hobby is ghost hunting, joined the tour. He came equipped with an infrared camera that showed orbs at the cemetery, Kapanui said.

Before attending the tour, Kapanui advises people to keep an open mind and positive attitude.

"The ones who come on the tour wanting to be scared don't get scared," said Kapanui. "The ones who don't expect it are the ones who get totally freaked out."

Frequently, men who are initially cynical end up getting the most scared. The last thing Kapanui wants to do is trivialize their fears. "I don't want anybody going home feeling depressed," he said.

http://starbulletin.com/2000/10/12/features/story1.html

DreamyHawaii said:
Yes that is true! I have the feel that spirit from my parent who just passed away this year and they are here inside of my feeling. They said they still around here the same level out here too but no more flesh or bone all gone. They said there have no color but can see it's like color of x-ray picture black and white with all the lines of shape that shows the house,tree,car,people,etc. and I told them go to heaven. But they said there is no heaven or hell just same here. I think they are waiting line up for the judgement's day. I guess so? What do you thinks of it?

As far as I was told by the spirit that they are fine and peacefully on the other side meaning Heaven. So that make me feel relieved knowing that they are fine and peaceful without their suffering while they were living.

When I was a child, I used chase a ghost at night. For three years I felt some presence by my bed and I opened my eye and there was a man look over me. Of course I was freak out at first then become used to it. I could not catch him often so I ended up and went back to sleep. He went away when I went to resident school. Never saw him again.

I believe in ghosts... they are real. Most of time they're harmless.

I have read about ghosts...it says that some ghost remain in the same spot or same location where they died.

Click the link below:

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/

This is a very interesting website..it lists of many places where ghosts dwell...

-madmax64

oh ive had a lot of experiences with ghosts. ive never actually seen one, but:

i was home alone, cleaning my room. the tv was off, radio was off. and it was like something was inside my ear and it said, hello. like a whispered voice.

another time, i was about 16. i was in my bed, under my blanket. and someone sat on my legs. now my door was closed, and locked. no one was in my room. i was too terrified to look. i wish i did.

my lights will flicker on and off.

and actually just like an hour ago, it felt like someone was using a feather on my face. over my forehead and my cheeks.

The ghost at the mall

Well I saw a ghost of my past, my ex-wife, a short time ago at a store, a real spooky experience.

Richard

cental34 said:
Not to be rude, but may I ask, why?
That is not a rude question. :)

When people die they either go to Heaven or hell. No one's spirit hangs out on earth after death.

I do believe Satan's demons can imitate our concept of "ghosts" and appear to people.

Reba said:
That is not a rude question. :)

When people die they either go to Heaven or hell. No one's spirit hangs out on earth after death.

I do believe Satan's demons can imitate our concept of "ghosts" and appear to people.

there is no hell, there is only The Otherside. which is basically heaven. spirits do hang around on earth, they are called Earthbound spirits. they get stuck here because 1: they have no idea they are dead. or 2: they dont want to accept the fact that they are dead, and wont go to the otherside. or 3: they are dark spirits and dont want to go to the otherside.

Back