• I reported something not related to a person

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, I never reported to the police

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Question: Have you ever reported someone (or something) to the police?

I can remember, I reported someone once about 10 years ago. It was around midnight at a town center and I saw a guy in an old suspicious black van arguing with a lady in the back seats with the door open and it looked like he slapped her. He drove off and I saw a patrol car not too long later. I told the officer it looked like someone may have abducted a woman and he drove off in a old black chevy van. He sped up to chase them and I don't know what happened after.

I've called cops to file a report for credit card scam and burglary (somebody broke into my truck in NYC to steal my POS cheap-ass GPS)

and I've yelled at cops to follow me because some guy had a serious case of major road rage and spun around to chase my friend in front of me. We just happened to pass by a police station. fortunately there were 2 cops chatting around at parking lot. 2 cops went :eek3: and quickly went ahead to find them. the guy disappeared and I guess he must have heard me slamming on brake to pull into police station. my friend was oblivious about the whole thing.

I've report quite a few things....several for domestic violence...missing person...attempted breaking/entering/home invasion....loitering...a wanted man whom I encountered in an elevator...(and had seen his pix in the newspaper)...the last incident was the worst...someone for rape....

I don't hesitate to report anything that needs to be reported...some people are very hesitant to do so or don't want to get involved.

Filed with the police for protection order, can't expand the reason for security reasons.

Oh yeah, quiet a few time but the best one when I was in HS and my school was just around the corner, walking distance and we live on dead end road, up on the hill. One morning, I was getting ready to leave to school then I saw a car that was parked on our road and there's a sign that say "No students parking" on the corner. I knew it was a student's car because I saw him walking toward school around the corner and the only student on that street, so I decided to report to police and let them know. Police said that they would like to come and take a look. 5 minutes later he show up and I pointed to which car it was. He check the car out and turned out it was a stolen car few day back!! Then the police asked me what time the school finish and told him the time. Police said that they will bring more squad half hour before the school out. So, off went to school. I spoke my last period teacher that I need to leave half hour before school out and told him why.
Then I waited and few minutes there was 4 squads arrived and one police officer knocked on the door and asked me if he can come in to one of the room where he can see full view and that was in my bedroom on second floor. So up we went. Saw about 5 officers scatter around, one behind our front bush, two across the street hiding and so forth, split second all 4 squad cars disappear in seconds. So, we waited and waited finally the school is out. So, we waited and suddenly we saw one guy walking toward the car and told the officer that was him. So, he announced on his walkie talkie. As soon this guy touched the door, all the officers ran to him like car magnet knocked him down and cuffed him. Then I heard the police next to me "Good JOB!!" and the officers giving each other high five and then all was standing up with the robber in the middle, one office start taking pictures smiling.

Then one police officer said.. "Good job for reporting it, I'm sure the owner of this car will be happy to have it back"

Oh yeah, quiet a few time but the best one when I was in HS and my school was just around the corner, walking distance and we live on dead end road, up on the hill. One morning, I was getting ready to leave to school then I saw a car that was parked on our road and there's a sign that say "No students parking" on the corner. I knew it was a student's car because I saw him walking toward school around the corner and the only student on that street, so I decided to report to police and let them know. Police said that they would like to come and take a look. 5 minutes later he show up and I pointed to which car it was. He check the car out and turned out it was a stolen car few day back!! Then the police asked me what time the school finish and told him the time. Police said that they will bring more squad half hour before the school out. So, off went to school. I spoke my last period teacher that I need to leave half hour before school out and told him why.
Then I waited and few minutes there was 4 squads arrived and one police officer knocked on the door and asked me if he can come in to one of the room where he can see full view and that was in my bedroom on second floor. So up we went. Saw about 5 officers scatter around, one behind our front bush, two across the street hiding and so forth, split second all 4 squad cars disappear in seconds. So, we waited and waited finally the school is out. So, we waited and suddenly we saw one guy walking toward the car and told the officer that was him. So, he announced on his walkie talkie. As soon this guy touched the door, all the officers ran to him like car magnet knocked him down and cuffed him. Then I heard the police next to me "Good JOB!!" and the officers giving each other high five and then all was standing up with the robber in the middle, one office start taking pictures smiling.

Then one police officer said.. "Good job for reporting it, I'm sure the owner of this car will be happy to have it back"

high-fiving and any butt-patting? :lol:

Yes, I was coming out of the Post Office and I saw a man with a small boy who had a huge black eye and the man was holding onto the boy hand very
tightly and the boy was keeping as far away as he could from the man , he had one small suitcase. I ran across the street to the police station to report what had I just saw and I was sure the cop was going to send a cop right out and the cop did nothing! I was like WTF! The guy and boy where right across the street and I could had given very description of the guy.
There was some very suspicious about the whole thing the boy arm was held out at arm length to keep away from the guy and the poor child looked very frighten. The cop did nothing .

Yeah, once. Somebody attempted break in my co-worker's car as I was sitting in my car and can see guy trying to break into her car. It was like over 15 years ago.

I report people often. Reported one last Tuesday. There was a carjacking in Arlington and an 83yo woman was murdered. Later that day I saw a young guy at a Chipotle that was acting nervous but he didn't match the description. The next day they amended the description and released a computer image. It was him. Too bad they didn't get the description correct at first because I would have called right away. I don't think they have caught the guy yet. :(

I reported to police several times - all related to DUI and reckless driving.

I reported to the police for an apt break-in, stolen SUV, car break in and stolen stereo, and my ex roommate stealing my car.

Oh yeah .. I made my share of calls to report. Someone knocked my mailbox over (its a federal crime to mess with US postal boxes).
some one drove on my property and got stuck and made ruts in winter.
One time when I had to evict a tenant and they refused to moved after a court order.
another time a person was arrested for breaking into my house, pushed my pregnant wife, tried to retrieve his kids from his ex girlfriend who requested overnight stay at my house to get away from him and he broke my nose after I grabbed his neck after a verbal warning to leave and not to touch anyone.
Reported for cars parking in front of fire hydrants... yadda yadda.

I dont report everything I see, just the major ones.

i have and the coast guard aswell.i had break in 5years back,they broke into my garden,i am still waiting for cops to turn up.
i saw little girl about 5 being terribly abused was happening in a subway,legged it to police station 5mins away the cop refused to let me go to front of que as it emergency, story go on, but fair to say there a little asian girl gone through nightmare which could been stopped if cops not so inept

I saw a man back his SUV right onto the hood of a honda civic in a parking lot. He got out and start yelling that the woman had driven under him (that would have been impressive). I went in and called the cops and when I came back out he was screaming and refusing to move his car so traffic could get by. I started talking to the man so he would stop yelling at the woman but he was not being reasonable. The cop that showed up was not impressed by him.

I reported to the cops for my stolen wallet. They visited and asked me for the details. A few days later they recovered and returned it to me.

Nothing was lost and stolen except a moderate damage on leather cover which was torn apart.

I was never a victim of crime until I lived in the UK.

There was a gang of drunk rowdies outside the pub across the street one night, shouting and screaming late into the night. I called the police to report it.

My gf and I were walking home from the town centre one night, two drunk teenage girls jumped on us and kicked the shit out of her. Statements and photos were taken the next day at the police station, they never caught them.

Drunk teenagers decided it would be funny to smash at my garage wall, and pulled the brickwork down into the laneway behind my house. Cop came and inspected damage, gave me a crime number.

Drunk teenagers decided it would be funny to kick the crap out of my garage door, creasing the metal and ruining it (it was jammed shut). It needed replacing. Reported to the police, nothing happened.

Someone crashed into my parked car, catching one of the front wheels and wrenching it sideways so hard it broke the steering rack. Reported to the police, the cop sympathized (said it had happened to his brother too) but nothing further happened.

Back