green card marriage

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
would you get married to help another person you really like a green card so they can come to America???

I don't believe in that type of sham marriages to help someone to move and live in the US. I believe in true love. Although I'm an American, I fell in love with an Australian bloke who I met online in 1997 and have since gotten married to him and moved to Australia! :) Been married since 1998...of course, we have a long way in learning about each others and the sorts. Still, my husband, Andrew and myself are crazy about one another, that's the important part. :)
Peace,
Goldie :wave:

Last edited:
my grown up friend married a NZ guy and they had green card so they got married fast. *shrugs*

Heh, WonderBum, u can come and stay here in USA :)
I got green card been in USA for 4 years I have helped someone who like to bring their fiancee but I am interesting some from USA like to live in Europe and they in Europe like in USA, huh!
BabyPhat, u mean someone likes to come in USA but how to get a green card? they will have their friend from USA send them invitation as Fiancee Visa to come in USA and few months they would get a green card after their marriage but just come in USA without friends from USA invitations >lottery Green Card, good lucky! some invite friends come in USA a visitor and stay in USA to work they have to go INS office to fill out as Asylum(sp) or refugee(work permit in USA)and they would get a green card pretty longer so I been patience and waited finally last year, long story rather PM if u like to know and help ur friends.

I remember i met girl in Ukraine and he has wanted to live in NZ looked for guy to marry and live in NZ i would introduce her to u :lol: well, it was long ago I dont know her lucky find NZ guy :dunno:

Moving to USA is out of Question for me. I'm soooo attracted to NZ despite our hang-ups we have in our country....

Hmmmm who knows....

Up for Marriage: One Crazy Kiwi Male, 32 years on the clock and in good working order.... :D

:lol: sorry I know, I misunderstood first u said who will marry WB and live in NZ so I posted another about my friend.

I an't introducer but if they ask :)

It depends on the person and the situation. I knew a guy when I lived in Georgia that was a brilliant doctor from Europe and he was having Visa issues, and had I been older, I'd have married him just to get him legal. I also have a friend who just finished her residency as a cardiologist and she's brilliant! But she's from Croatia and if she ever stops taking classes at college, she'll be deported. If I was a man, or if same sex marriage was leagl, I'd have married her years ago for the same reason. As it is, she's a lesbian, so she can't really even fall madly in love and get married to stay here. Bastard government. I don't understand, we let criminals from other countries stay here, but not people who could actually benifit our society.....

We as USA don't allow criminals to stay in USA unless we have them in prison or awaiting for trial. I am not sure if I understood you completely if you meant that USA are not making enough efforts to chase those criminals out of USA. Correct me?

Originally posted by SilenceGold
We as USA don't allow criminals to stay in USA unless we have them in prison or awaiting for trial. I am not sure if I understood you completely if you meant that USA are not making enough efforts to chase those criminals out of USA. Correct me?
This isn't a very well known fact, but the US has a deal with Cuba that every year we will accept a certian number of Cubans into our country, the catch is that Fidel Castro gets to choose these people. He, of course, chooses criminals. Florida is loaded with the worst people from that country. We can import people, but not cigars. Great.

Here where I live in NE Ohio, we have alot of nurseries and alot of Mexicans and Puerto Ricans come up for the summers to work. About 85% of these people are fine, but they are illegally working here. Every police officer in the area knows it, yet they do nothing when they see bus loads of them driving down the road. About 15% of these people are responsible for most of the crime in my small town and the surrounding areas- we're talking rapes, stabbings, things of that nature. This 15%, if caught, are sent to an American prison and upon release are made to stay in the country for purposes of parole. It bothers me that if you want to stick around, all you have to do is rape someone because our prisons are sometimes better than the free living conditions of other countries.

There's alot of wierd shit that goes on around this place.

no -- i dont support sham marriages just so the partner can get a green card -- there are other avenues to get the legal residency here in the USA without getting married :roll:

I would marry to Prince William. :naughty:

Oh never mind, I did not want Queen Elizabeth to be my grandmother in law. :shock:

Originally posted by Sydlie
This isn't a very well known fact, but the US has a deal with Cuba that every year we will accept a certian number of Cubans into our country, the catch is that Fidel Castro gets to choose these people. He, of course, chooses criminals. Florida is loaded with the worst people from that country. We can import people, but not cigars. Great.

Here where I live in NE Ohio, we have alot of nurseries and alot of Mexicans and Puerto Ricans come up for the summers to work. About 85% of these people are fine, but they are illegally working here. Every police officer in the area knows it, yet they do nothing when they see bus loads of them driving down the road. About 15% of these people are responsible for most of the crime in my small town and the surrounding areas- we're talking rapes, stabbings, things of that nature. This 15%, if caught, are sent to an American prison and upon release are made to stay in the country for purposes of parole. It bothers me that if you want to stick around, all you have to do is rape someone because our prisons are sometimes better than the free living conditions of other countries.

There are places in this country where we wouldn't survive without immigrants. Without immigrants, the retail prices of meat, fresh fruits and vegetables would rise some 15 percent and our economy will stagnate.

Here's a link concerning between USA and Cuba.

About hispanic people who aren't checked if they have the green cards. Tyson has been accused of hiring hispanic people without green cards. They have been caught. They are being processed. That's an example of the government doing something.

A police officer seeing a busload full of hispanic cannot just walk up and ask, "Ok everyone give me all your green cards."

That's discrimination. :/

My friend from trawin comes to america and went to my high school last 10 years ago. I have learn that she married to one of my ex boyfriend's best friend. They been married for 5 years and had two kids.... she has green card marriage. me and others friends wonders is she using him? or is she need to stay in the america to stay away from her family?? no idea since i heard she has two kids and still happy with same man so i guess we are wrong about her. :D

I have to agree with you there. A lot of my friends and relatives work in law enforcement, and they tell me about how things are. I just wish that we had some kind of laws where we could deport criminals once they finish their sentences, and close the border to them.

SG is right, we cannot just go up to ppl and ask them if they have Green Cards or not. A lot of hispanics also come here in New Jersey and do farm work. They obtain illegal car licence tags from Pennsylvania and drive without licences. I was involved in an automobile accident once with a Mexican who spoke no English, had no driver's licence, no car insurance and the car wasn't registered to him. Fortunately for me, i only had to pay my own deductible. The cost to fix my car was 5.000$ plus. I think that we really have to do something about this, but unfortunately we can't because our own laws prohibits discrimination. A catch-22 situation.

OFF TOPIC!!! anyways, would you get married to the person you LIKE (but you only know them for a very short time) or for MONEY

hahahahahaha. this thread makes me laugh. it reminds me of this st00pid white guy i met in washington dc (i was there for deafway) who offered me a green card marriage in exchange for sexual favors. it was a disgusting meeting. the thing is, i never asked for one and i'm NOT interested.

Back