GA illegal immigration bill ruins crops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I would rather our homeless Americans get jobs working in the fields then be jobless and on the streets.

and I hope they get decent working wages and benefits but I on't think the farmers will be too keen on this.

and I hope they get decent working wages and benefits but I on't think the farmers will be too keen on this.

Here with some of these companies, they get great wages and full insurance packages for little money due to the sheer volume of employees hired. The biggest thing that will keep the homeless people from being hired is if they show up drunk or fail their drug tests that are paid by the company. Don't know about anywhere else though.

Off topic for the reason already posted
DeafCaroline....you say you majored in History and are well versed in the history of slavery in America. I have three questions for you....#1 who started the first salvery? (admitted by me that this is a loaded question but interested in your answer)
#2 (admitted by me that we are not suppose to have religion here but this is not a religion ?) What does the Bible say about salavery...good or bad?
#3 (counts for 75% of your grade) Who sold slaves to the white American ship captians to bring these slaves to America?
These are not hard questions for anyone to answer

1. Are you talking about North America or South America? If South America then the Spanish, if North America - the Brits - they were the first colonists of Jamestown Virginia which was also the first settlement in North America. First they imported bonded labourers from Ireland to grown their tobacco crops, then decided it was too expensive and started importing slaves, following the examples of the Spanish colonists.
2. I am versed in history, not religion.
3. Africans rounded up the people in central and western Arica to bring and sell them to Dutch traders docked on the west coast of Africa who then brought the slaves to North America to sell them to the Brits.

Why are you asking me these questions?

#1 as I said was a loaded question because it depends on how you view the first humans. My view is the first humans were black africans and therefore they started slavery. This plays into the#3 because as you pointed out the ship captains brought slaves from the original owners, black africans. You wanted to know if I referred to North America or South America, both which are impossible unless you are of opinion that the first humans originated from the two, serious doubt about that point.
The Bible says, and I'm sure Reba will back me, that God's slavery is good.
The reason for asking you is in previous post being discussed the part where people could work for "room and board" is textually the Bible way.

#1 as I said was a loaded question because it depends on how you view the first humans. My view is the first humans were black africans and therefore they started slavery. This plays into the#3 because as you pointed out the ship captains brought slaves from the original owners, black africans. You wanted to know if I referred to North America or South America, both which are impossible unless you are of opinion that the first humans originated from the two, serious doubt about that point.
The Bible says, and I'm sure Reba will back me, that God's slavery is good.
The reason for asking you is in previous post being discussed the part where people could work for "room and board" is textually the Bible way.

This is one of the reasons why I dont believe in religion. Slavery is NEVER a good thing.

Huh? Question number one was who sold the first slaves and since we were talking about slavery in America, I assumed you were asking who sold the first slaves to America.

and by the way, there were no americans in the 1600s so your 3rd question, who sold the slaves to the American ship captains is ERRONEOUS. They were DUTCH as in the famous Dutch Trading Co., it was the Dutch who sold the slaves to the Brits in North America.

Huh? Question number one was who sold the first slaves and since we were talking about slavery in America, I assumed you were asking who sold the first slaves to America.

and by the way, there were no americans in the 1600s so your 3rd question, who sold the slaves to the American ship captains is ERRONEOUS. They were DUTCH as in the famous Dutch Trading Co., it was the Dutch who sold the slaves to the Brits in North America.

HAPPENS EVER TIME!!
Go back and read post 43. Where in ? #1 is the word "sold"? I think a re-reading will show "started".

I'll admit I know about before the U.S.A. became a country there was slaves being sold but, again, a re-reading of the question is in order.

Please be more careful in your reading of any question by any poster.

This is one of the reasons why I dont believe in religion. Slavery is NEVER a good thing.

Don't blame me for going off topic because I was just trying to show DC where "room and board" comes from and why it is good. The term was previously posted.

I can tell you right now that there are over 1000 legal immigrants here in our area who are working in fields daily harvesting fresh vegetables and fruit. They get paid around $8-$10 an hour and work 10 hour days. All of these people can show proper papers and proof that they are allowed to be here. There are also over 1000 legal Americans working the same fields and making the same money. Want in on a secret? A lot of them are also the homeless people we used to see on the road sides. They now have viable jobs and a place to live.

Oh I see, in here, I had seen some illegal immigrants works in farm as crop picker and they got paid at $1 to $4 per hours, so not sure about legal citizens.

I don't know if federal minimum wage does apply farming jobs or not, however waiter/waitress have very low paying (like $2-$3 per hour) + tips, it was huge disaster if customers don't pay tips, even if it is good service.

HAPPENS EVER TIME!!
Go back and read post 43. Where in ? #1 is the word "sold"? I think a re-reading will show "started".

I'll admit I know about before the U.S.A. became a country there was slaves being sold but, again, a re-reading of the question is in order.

Please be more careful in your reading of any question by any poster.

ok, started slavery - whatever. Again, I thought we were talking about who started the slave trade in North America. I didn't realize that you were on a completely different tangent from Steinhauer. We were talking about slaves and migrant workers and the comparison between the two so I thought we were continuing in that vein.

And rolling7 - I advise you the same.

Oh I see, in here, I had seen some illegal immigrants works in farm as crop picker and they got paid at $1 to $4 per hours, so not sure about legal citizens.

I don't know if federal minimum wage does apply farming jobs or not, however waiter/waitress have very low paying (like $2-$3 per hour) + tips, it was huge disaster if customers don't pay tips, even if it is good service.

Where have you SEEN an illegal immigrant working for a low pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back