Friendship Forum?

Would you like to see a section on AllDeaf where you can advertise for friendships?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

InnocentOdion

Reaction score
Does anyone want to see a place where we can make friends, like, advertising for penpals, langauge-learning friends, MSN friends, etc? I think it would be a good idea.

I think it would be good to do a penpal thing but have that Gallaudet type font on your computer and type a letter to your penpal using the font to help each other use and learn sign language. I would be interested.

Advertising for friendship on alldeaf.com is like a spammer to me, no offense. But There is lots of ways to make friends on alldeaf.com. Like I have made a few. that's why alldeaf.com is for. So I voted No

You can make friends by posting more often and more people read your post, the more they will get to know you better. Beside you can do what others did in the past- create a thread with title of "Ask me anything!!!". From there , you can develop friendships with others at here.

Last edited:
You can make friends by posting more often and more people read your post, the more they will get to know you better. Beside you can do what others did in the past- "Ask me anything!!!". From there , you can develop friendships with others at here.

I agree with you, lumbingmi

I voted 'no' as well.

The reasoning is simple:
Does anyone want to see a place where we can make friends, like, advertising for penpals, langauge-learning friends, MSN friends, etc? I think it would be a good idea

Advertising for friendship on alldeaf.com is like a spammer to me, no offense. But There is lots of ways to make friends on alldeaf.com. Like I have made a few. that's why alldeaf.com is for. So I voted No

When one wants to 'advertise friendships', it usually means something else. :)

Same reason as Byrdie714

People will abuse this forum for dating seekers, friendship seekers and would not want to posts with us to get to know us. I dont want my private messaged up to 200 asking to exchange Aims/MSN/Yahoo messangers.

Everyone made some good suggestions in this thread and I agreed so, I vote no too. (sorry)..

Same reason as Byrdie714

People will abuse this forum for dating seekers, friendship seekers and would not want to posts with us to get to know us. I dont want my private messaged up to 200 asking to exchange Aims/MSN/Yahoo messangers.

I agree!

omegaman, that's right - it's pointless

You can't just walk in a room and say, "I am looking to make friends."

Talking the talk does nothing. You gotta walk the walk.

Get involved. Make comments/posts. Talk to people on AIM. (No, don't send someone an IM and say... "Hi, my name is Bob. Will you be my friend?")

Get involved. Make comments/posts. Talk to people on AIM. (No, don't send someone an IM and say... "Hi, my name is Bob. Will you be my friend?")

Yo, will you be my first friend? I have no friends here.

:giggle:

I voted no.

gay12.jpg

Back