Finally watched that old movie with subtitles??

Thanks Vampy.

I am trying to think of an old movie that I saw captioned once. I remember the scene where the newlyweds were having their first spat. The wife walked away and the husband was yelling after her "Angel, Angel". The older woman who had fainted earlier, was lying on the couch. She woke up and said "Angel? I must be in heaven." and smiled then passed out. I thought the part was funny but I don't remember the name of the movie. I thought the older woman was Shelley Winters but I could be wrong.
Do you remember what year that movie was probably made?

Oh, yes! A couple of years ago I rented this movie I always watched since I was a small kid (honestly, I cannot remember what movie it was)...and it was *gasping for dramatic effect here* captioned! I actually cried. Then I went in this mode of renting all the movies I could think of that I watched as a kid but didn't really understand it.

Then one day I got "The Wizard of Oz." I thought I knew the story but when I watched it with captions for the first time, I was nearly hyperventilating...I mean- I had the story all wrong! :p

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

It was worse for disney movies for me OMG! not like I could read a animated character's lips!

I was at my daughter's house and we where watching one of my granddaughter's movie with her and my daughter turned the CC on for me.
My daughter and I notice that a lot what being said was not showing up in the CC! The DVD was for kids and a deaf or HOH child will not know everything that being said! I notice this happen when watching TV too.
I do love it when old black white movie have CC!

Do you remember what year that movie was probably made?

No, but I am guessing it is from 60's from the tone of the color film and the way people dressed. It is comedy. Maybe I saw it where they provided CC movies at wherever the deaf people meet like a club or church, etc. Or I have seen it on a VCR years ago. How would that help you find the movie??

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

It was worse for disney movies for me OMG! not like I could read a animated character's lips!

Oh, yeah! And it's funny how I still try to lipread the cartoons. LOL
When I think of the movie-time experiences growing up, it makes me all angry and sad at the same time.

And PFFFFT at Netflix for not having half of their crap captioned, either. Geez.

i am cutting off netflix for crappy service and they raised the rates 2 times this yr!! here i come blockbuster online!!

I heard that Blockbuster will beat netflix price and rent movies at a cheaper rate!
this was on the news tonight!

There are some movies that I'm thinking about watching again soon... with subtitles/captions.

I've already watched The Blob (original version) and The Day the Earth Stood Still (original version). :)

The Blob is a riot ! Did you see "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes'?

Oh, yeah! And it's funny how I still try to lipread the cartoons. LOL
When I think of the movie-time experiences growing up, it makes me all angry and sad at the same time.

And PFFFFT at Netflix for not having half of their crap captioned, either. Geez.

:laugh2: your not alone, I do the same without realizing it.

Oh I know that really ticks me off with Netflix! you would think they would get even MORE customers that way.

I hate that everything I'd want to watch on Netflix is DVD only.... if thats the case than I might as well switch to blockbuster.

I LOVE the TCM channel - all those old movies now closed captioned - it's heavenly. Trying to remember the first old favourite I watched with subtitles...I think it was "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn".

when my daugther and granddaughter came over today I turned the TV on for
my granddaughter and it was public TV station for kids called GBH, 217 and they had NO CC!! A was public TV station for kids with no CC is so wrong!!
That mean a deaf or HOH child would not be able to watch anything on that station! I was not able to understand a lot beside the main character was an animated one.

when my daugther and granddaughter came over today I turned the TV on for
my granddaughter and it was public TV station for kids called GBH, 217 and they had NO CC!! A was public TV station for kids with no CC is so wrong!!
That mean a deaf or HOH child would not be able to watch anything on that station! I was not able to understand a lot beside the main character was an animated one.

so wrong :(

What I really want to watch again in subtitles is Anne of green gables. They have it in DVD but the subtitles/captioning doesn't work :( It's one of my favorite movies of all time to watch. I read the books, but I just want to see all of the sequels that they have made.

My parents got netflix. I don't really care much for it. Some of the movies on netflix has subtitles on it, but everything that they have on there has subtitles. I think that's disappointing. My dad wants me to use it, but i told him I don't want it unless it has captions. I can't understand TV shows or movies without captioning, even though i have 2 cochlear implants. I rely on captioning when it comes to watching things.

Back