Does Your Animal(s) Bite?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today I wanted to play with my hamster all sudden she bited me for the third time...All I wanted to do was to take her out of the cage and play with her... but she gave me this looks like "Leave me alone Looks" :(

:wave:

No, I do not have any animals or pets. Speakin' of your hamster....maybe, try to leave the cage open and let the hamster to come out and see how it goes from there without pickin' it up, hmm ? :)

Maybe, it will let you to play with hamster after lettin' the hamster out of the cage by itself. I used to have a hamster a long time ago. It never bites me. My old hamster was very friendly pet.........

:giggle: Cheri....

You know something, it sure remind me of this movie of a man who was trying to love a kitten by petting it, hold it, hug it and etc....but the man did not know he was being rough with the kitten until the kitten didn't even move at all, so he was trying to firgure out what he did wrong until a young boy told him, ' you were being too rough with it '....poor kitten, didn't relized that man really did love him....

Anyways sorry I went a bit off the topic here, couldn't help it heh, Animals do bite alittle , it helps their teeth... ;)

Don't worry Cheri, I'm sure your hamster knows you love her!...but don't be like that man heh ( I'm teasing you girl ) :giggle:

Last edited:
CyberRed said:
:wave:

No, I do not have any animals or pets. Speakin' of your hamster....maybe, try to leave the cage open and let the hamster to come out and see how it goes from there without pickin' it up, hmm ? :)

Maybe, it will let you to play with hamster after lettin' the hamster out of the cage by itself. I used to have a hamster a long time ago. It never bites me. My old hamster was very friendly pet.........

Hamster out of her cage by herself? She might run away.. My Little sister did the same thing ever since she did that her hamster came out and never been found ever since.:(

^Angel^ said:
:giggle: Cheri....

You know something, it sure remind me of this movie of a man who was trying to love a kitten by petting it, hold it, hug it and etc....but the man did not know he was being rough with the kitten until the kitten didn't even move at all, so he was trying to firgure out what he did wrong until a young boy told him, ' you were being too rough with it '....poor kitten, didn't relized that man really did love him....

Anyways sorry I went a bit off the topic here, couldn't help it heh, Animals do bite alittle , it helps their teeths... ;)

Don't worry Cheri, I'm sure your hamster knows you love her!...but don't be like that man heh ( I'm teasing you girl ) :giggle:

LOL... I am sure not like this guy.. But I did spoiled her so much I take her out everyday and let her run around in her favorite ball and even pet her and kiss her too.. Maybe she wants to be Left alone sometimes Who Knows. :P

Cheri said:
Hamster out of her cage by herself? She might run away.. My Little sister did the same thing ever since she did that her hamster came out and never been found ever since.:(

Aww...dang. Very interestin' that my old hamster wasn't like that. Wow ! LOL Wonderin', how old is your new hamster, if ya know ? *curious*

Hamsters?

They can be nasty little animals, I've had a few in my life. But now, I will never buy one for myself. But maybe a rat, I wouldn't mind.

I did have a rat once, and it was far better than the hamsters. More friendly too as well, and they tend to obey people better somehow while the hamsters are selfish and will grab any food and stuff it into their mouths so that way they won't have to share.

Plus, rats are more intelligent. That's why scientists prefer to work with rats, not hamsters.

Ah, the ol' memories of having a rat. Rats are pretty clean, from what I read. They clean themselves for 1/3 of their lives. Interesting eh?

If you want your kid to have a small pet, rat is the one you want. Not a hamster, trust me. There's just something about hamsters that rub me the wrong way.

A rat?..... :shock: , If I got one, Ill be standing on the chair if it was loose somewhere in the house!...I think I will stick with ' hamsters ' beside my hamsters only bites when they feel scare....

I wouldn't get a snake as a pet either! :|

Cheri said:
Today I wanted to play with my hamster all sudden she bited me for the third time...All I wanted to do was to take her out of the cage and play with her... but she gave me this looks like "Leave me alone Looks" :(

Maybe she have pms.. ;) :giggle:

CyberRed said:
Aww...dang. Very interestin' that my old hamster wasn't like that. Wow ! LOL Wonderin', how old is your new hamster, if ya know ? *curious*

My Hamster is Now I think 8 weeks Old (Not Sure) I would have to ask ^Angel^ and Roadrunner cuz they are the one who brought it for me for my Birthday.. She was a baby when I got it.

I too have a hamster. Two, in fact. One of them is satanic 24/7. The other one bites, too...just not as bad. I won't touch either one of them. Mike is the only one brave enough to put his hands into the cage. I absolutely refuse to touch those things...LOL.

Cheri,

Perhaps it's a sign that your hamster is ill. Sometimes animals start displaying behavior like that (biting, and giving you that "leave me alone" look) when they're not feeling up to par.

I have never owned a hamster in my life, and I'm not really crazy about them neither -- I've owned two rats. I loved them!! One of them bit me only once (because she was scared of course), just before I adopted them, and they've been well behaved since.

One of my cats bites sometimes, but that is because of the petting-snydrome (some cats start biting after a few pets).

Sweet_KJ said:
One of my cats bites sometimes, but that is because of the petting-snydrome (some cats start biting after a few pets).

Oh yes, I am familiar with the petting-syndrome, lol.

Cheri said:
My Hamster is Now I think 8 weeks Old (Not Sure) I would have to ask ^Angel^ and Roadrunner cuz they are the one who brought it for me for my Birthday.. She was a baby when I got it.

Actually the one you got is 6 weeks old....the first set of birth is now 8 weeks old but you have the second set of birth by the same mother....

Female hamster gets pregnant very quickly even in few weeks the male babies mate with their mom ....

^Angel^ said:
Actually the one you got is 6 weeks old....the first set of birth is now 8 weeks old but you have the second set of birth by the same mother....

Female hamster gets pregnant very quickly even in few weeks the male babies mate with their mom ....

*calling the cops to report the ongoing incest relationships* :giggle:

Hamsters, eh? My gecko is worst than them. He threating me by displaying his jaws open after I managed pick up him. But his bites have not enough strength to rip hands apart but enough to do minor cuts. Adult iguanas do rip hands apart. That's why I perfer middle-sized lizards rather than large-sized ones.

Sweet_KJ said:
Cheri,

Perhaps it's a sign that your hamster is ill. Sometimes animals start displaying behavior like that (biting, and giving you that "leave me alone" look) when they're not feeling up to par

No No No... My hamster is not ill in facts if she was ill she would be losing weight and not eating my hamster is growing real quick and she a fast runner so no she is not Ill at all.

I have a Lhasa Apso/poodle mix that I recently adopted from an animal rescue facility. The little bastard is definitely a career nipper. I only had him a week when he bit my neighbor’s pants leg. A couple of days ago I took him to Petsmart and he tried to nip two people in less than 15 minutes. Now he has to wear a muzzle whenever he’s outside the house. I have an appointment soon with a trainer who’s going to evaluate him and tell me the best way to break him of this behavior. It’s too bad he has this nipping habit—other than that he’s a great dog. He’s housebroken, and he’s usually very docile and friendly. He’s cute as hell, too—here’s a picture.

Attachments

• Cute_Titus.jpg
    Cute_Titus.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 74
Back