Does deaf people can drive? (One guy asked me)

MorriganTait said:
Ok - THESE are two of the dumbest things I ever heard.

I got news for this person - under water EVERYONE is deaf. (That's why divers often learn basic ASL to be able to communicate.)

Would you mind if I take you with me on the cook off tour? cause I need someone like you that can teach my crews what deaf people CAN do.....:giggle:

^Angel^ said:
Would you mind if I take you with me on the cook off tour? cause I need someone like you that can teach my crews what deaf people CAN do.:
I bet you do a better job by SHOWING them what deaf people can do.

I think hearies don't understand that deaf is just deaf - it's not deaf + no brain.

Oh gimme a break!

Deaf ppl can damn drive! They dont need ears to know how to drive. They can see and feel when they drive! Duh!!!

I have been driving since I was 15 years old, with a learner's permit then a real driver's license when I was 16 years old and I have been driving ever since. Thank you very much!!!

DeafGeorgiaLady said:
Oh gimme a break!

Deaf ppl can damn drive! They dont need ears to know how to drive. They can see and feel when they drive! Duh!!!

I have been driving since I was 15 years old, with a learner's permit then a real driver's license when I was 16 years old and I have been driving ever since. Thank you very much!!!
Gotta amen with you there...

It's like asking a hearing person to see if a blind person can drive lol

MorriganTait said:
I bet you do a better job by SHOWING them what deaf people can do.

I think hearies don't understand that deaf is just deaf - it's not deaf + no brain.

LOL, you're right ;)

Buckdodgers said:
Deaf People cannot drive for a living like Bus driver,Cab Driver,18 wheeler trucks and cannot drive Mail Carriers.
That's BS and I'm not sorry to say that. :slap: You are either really stupid or really ignorant, you know that. You need to do some research online before you make some comments like that. My hubby is a truck driver, a motorcycler, and he used to drive a bus. Sheesh.

I drove a bus several times and I didn't have any problem. RME!

Bus Drivers need to hear the radio from their supervisors.
Cab Drivers need to hear the dispatch for a call.
18 wheeler truck drivers need to hear the CB.

So employers need to know where their drivers are at all times.

Buckdodgers said:
Cab Drivers need to hear the dispatch for a call.

Sheesh... you don't get it, do you? Not ALL employers need to know where their employees are! My deaf hubby drove a 18 wheelers for almost 2 years and he didn't have any problem with his employer.

I drove bus to take handicapped clients back and forth from home and rehabilitation building. My employer was pleased with how well I drove the bus.

I don't drive bus now anymore, because I moved and started my own family to look after!

What about PublicTransportation busses? Have you ever been on one? Or ever been on a grayhound? When the radio calls em they have to answer it.

gunderson racing

I am totally new, so I hope it's okay that I post, but I wondered if anyone here is voting for Greg Gunderson? He is a deaf racecar driver who might be picked for a reality show. If you drop by http://www.racinforalivin.net/poll/ maybe you could vote for him?

He can drive!

:)
jojo

I can drive and I can have sex. :mrgreen:
I can drive across Norwegian mountains on an icy road with zero visibility with strong wind and snow by myself. Altho I wouldn't want to do that all the time, I'm fully capable of it. With this road trip, I proved everyone wrong and not most of them would do what I did either (they are hearing)... at their admittance.

Y - My (Deaf) friend owned a BMW and he wouldn't mind owning one again.

Hate to break this to you, BuckDodgers, but I know of a teacher in MD who is stone Deaf and has a pilot license. He is one cool dude. :whistle:

:angel:

Buckdodgers said:
Deaf People cannot drive for a living like Bus driver,Cab Driver,18 wheeler trucks and cannot drive Mail Carriers.
Funny, you say hope there will be first deaf astronaut somedays...as for what you say Deafies cannot drive for cab, 18 wheelies which you could said someday to be first deaf cabbie...first deaf Greyhound driver.

There got first deaf to get into MMA(?) - Matt Hamill who is on SpikeTV's The Ultimate Fighter Season 3 this thursday night at 10 pm (EST) that he signed "I want to be first deaf in the Utlimate Fighitng Championshp".

There got T-moblie pager , small tv with map (I forgot what is name) on the dashboard or put tdd into cab, truck and space shuttle to let bosses know where they are.

Next time, don't said "Deafies cannot" and just request that you want to know anyone out there that they can do anything?. I has my friend's classmmate who did became fireman..as almost do normal job job expect going into indside of flamed house.

MaxUFC said:
Funny, you say hope there will be first deaf astronaut somedays...as for what you say Deafies cannot drive for cab, 18 wheelies which you could said someday to be first deaf cabbie...first deaf Greyhound driver.

There got first deaf to get into MMA(?) - Matt Hamill who is on SpikeTV's The Ultimate Fighter Season 3 this thursday night at 10 pm (EST) that he signed "I want to be first deaf in the Utlimate Fighitng Championshp".

There got T-moblie pager , small tv with map (I forgot what is name) on the dashboard or put tdd into cab, truck and space shuttle to let bosses know where they are.

Next time, don't said "Deafies cannot" and just request that you want to know anyone out there that they can do anything?. I has my friend's classmmate who did became fireman..as almost do normal job job expect going into indside of flamed house.

I was a fireman too. You are right that deafies can not enter the building on fire. There are also deaf pilots totalling over 200 worldwide mostly in the United States! Beware of the deafies in skies!!!

^Angel^ said:
One of our crew members had said that question also and even laughed about it too..

And I didn't find it funni ....
Next time if anyone laughs at you, shove a shoe in his or her mouth :giggle:

Liza said:
I can drive and I can have sex. :mrgreen::
*gives you a high five*
LOL yeah!
It really pisses me off when some ignorant people think deafies don't know how to have sex :roll:

Buckdodgers said:

Wrong.

DEAF Bus Drivers CAN IGNORE their supervisors !!!! These
supervisors should stay away and leave these drivers alone
and allow drivers to focus on roads etc. Any supervisor
bother/harrass any drivers on the radio !! I would NEVER
work for any supervisor under the "micro management"

And if You (Buckdodgers) are a boss, then
I would NEVER work for you Buckdodgers for
any amount of money, not even for a million dollars
NO WAY !!!
Reason: This sound like the WORST type of Boss.

I would ONLY work for any Boss who leave me alone
and trust me enough to get work done.

Buckdodgers said:

That's Wrong... Many DEAF 18 wheeler truck drivers use
their Pagers to communicate (e.g. Sidekick Blackberry etc)

Perhaps you feel powerless and intimidated
by these DEAF bus/truck drivers because
you knew they are much better drivers than you.
They were able to focus on roads and ignore
these screaming kids and/or ignore their boss phone calls.

Maybe you did NOT like it when deaf drivers choose to
ignore your CB Then that's too bad for you. That can
drive you crazy because you feel powerless with
these deaf workers being able to focus on their own work.
Apparently you were NOT doing a Good Job as a Boss.

A Real Good Boss trust his own employers rather than
just watch them like a Hawk and/or keep interfere them
by making calls to them.

A Real Good Boss allows his own people to
focus on getting their jobs done.

A Real Good Boss know how to keep a low turnovers.

Buckdodgers said:

Wrong Again.

Again, I would NEVER work for this Employer with that kind of attitude
and micro-management... Employers NEED to trust
their own employees (drivers) in order to keep their
business low turnovers. NO ONE want to work for
any boss who "need to know where their drivers are at all times"

I LOVE being Deaf so that way I can IGNORE
these micro-management boss who watch like a "Hawk".

Who wants to work for a Boss who watch you like "a Hawk" ?????

I hope to educate this to all Employers and Bosses
about trust their own DEAF employees as the top priority
and leave them alone in order to allow them
focus on getting their work done. Simple.

i forgot to add... i knew a deaf guy who was a EMT AND A FIREMAN!!!

and also i used to be a LIFEGUARD for 2 years FOR THE TOWN'S PUBLIC POOL AND ALSO AT A HEARING CAMP with a big lake and i was told that i was one of the best lifeguards cuz I WAS MORE ATTENTIVE than the HEARING ONES! :nana:

like everyone says, stop BEING SO IGNORANT AND SHOVE IT! :squint: :booty: :fart:

Buckdodgers said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, I got friends who do these things in contrary to your statement, except for cab, however as for cab, it's doable. There are innovative technologies out there that provides accomodiation to deaf individuals that works just as good as those old technologies that was provided to hearing people. There are even first deaf pilot (ONLY ONE so far) that is NOW capable of doing IFR, Instrumental Flying Rule, (up to this date, deaf couldn't do IFR because communication is required) with new technology that allows deaf people to better visualize the traffic, communicate with towers textually and all that. We might remember things as "deaf can't do it" back in the old days, now the only question is, when was the last time we checked?

Back