Do you have ancestor that come from Ireland?

Reaction score
I wonder if some of you have ancestor who come from Ireland?

My ancestors came from Ireland.

I'm Irish :thumb:
gobragh-small.jpg

well my father was a quarter irish, and my mother was a quarter irish...so that makes me half irish. and im pretty sure my great grandfather came from ireland.

im irish, scottish, dutch, german and italian.

My wife is supposedly descended from the guy the movie Braveheart was about. "Bruce the Conquerer", or something like that.

From my father, I'm Irish and German. From my mother, I'm Irish and Dutch. Some of them went to Canada before coming to US.

I am Irish from both sides.

We were from the Nova Scotia area. I wish we'd of stayed there!

RustyLastCall05 said:

My ancestors are coming from England. ;)

Levonian said:
My wife is supposedly descended from the guy the movie Braveheart was about. "Bruce the Conquerer", or something like that.

Thought, they are your family?

apes.jpg

Yes, there are abit of Irish ancestry in my blood, though my family says that we are dominantly Germans. Our ancestry consists of immigrants from Hesse-Darmstadt/Starkenberg (one of the old kingdoms in Germany), Prussia (another old kingdom in Germany), Switzerland, Netherlands, England, Ireland and Lenni-Lenape tribe (Delaware Indians).

I consider myself to be more German than any other, due to the fact that I traced many lineages back to Germany, even though my surname is English and my mum's surname is Scottish.

<-------Damn proud to be a feisty hot tempered and sentimental Irish lass!

My maternal great grandparents.....(both greatgrandpa and greatgrandma) came to Kentucky from Ireland then migrated out to California during the Dust Bowl. GreatGrandpa was Black Irish.

My paternal grandmother came to Tennessee from Ireland. She met a full blooded Cherokee from Eastern Band tribe who was my granfather. They migrated to California too during Dust Bowl.

Did you know that the Irish and Cherokees often married each other back then? Lethal combo!

Meg said:
<-------Damn proud to be a feisty hot tempered and sentimental Irish lass!

My maternal great grandparents.....(both greatgrandpa and greatgrandma) came to Kentucky from Ireland then migrated out to California during the Dust Bowl. GreatGrandpa was Black Irish.

My paternal grandmother came to Tennessee from Ireland. She met a full blooded Cherokee from Eastern Band tribe who was my granfather. They migrated to California too during Dust Bowl.

Did you know that the Irish and Cherokees often married each other back then? Lethal combo!
I do. That is my heritage. Here are pix of 2 seldom viewed flags of the CSA :smoking:
smallirishrebels.jpg
flag.gif

RustyLastCall05 said:

i am irish *my personality*, english *my hair and eyes are brown*, and 1/8 indian *my skin is olive skin* ;)

Yep! both sides of my family are Irish! thats why there are some red heads in my family..im not though heh! I have unusual Irish maiden name..
So Im a PROUD IRISH WOMAN!!!!!

I am part English/part IRISH/some German/some Scottish, and a wee bit of Indian. :)

I was told that the surname "Stacy" (my grandfather - My mother's dad) was an Irish surname, and that my grandfather had blue eyes....and I have a few cousins with red hair. His dad was a short man, which a lot of Irish people were short...that's what I've been told. :)

RustyLastCall05 said:

No, I don't think so. Mine is German.

Back