Do you have ancestor that come from Ireland?

Meg said:
Did you know that the Irish and Cherokees often married each other back then? Lethal combo!

I can just imagine how much alcohol must have been flowing at your family get-togethers. :lol:

My ancestors are coming from Ireland.

My father is an Irish man and my mother´s a Scottish. Of course generations on my mother´s side come also from Ireland. (hundreds years old before they move to Scotland).

I born in Scotland and grow up in London and move to live in Germany after married to German. :D (that´s what my sons often told everyone including teachers about this... they find it interesting... :D)

My ancestors came from Spain and Italy. :)

Your kidding? Same thing here!
The only thing is different is that your family migrated to california while mine migrated to the North.

Meg said:
<-------Damn proud to be a feisty hot tempered and sentimental Irish lass!

My maternal great grandparents.....(both greatgrandpa and greatgrandma) came to Kentucky from Ireland then migrated out to California during the Dust Bowl. GreatGrandpa was Black Irish.

My paternal grandmother came to Tennessee from Ireland. She met a full blooded Cherokee from Eastern Band tribe who was my granfather. They migrated to California too during Dust Bowl.

Did you know that the Irish and Cherokees often married each other back then? Lethal combo!

I have to look up the Hilton Saga book where my mom's side family come from.

As far as I know they came from Scotland and went to Canada then to Maine. My Great Grandparents moved to Woods Hole, Mass *Cape Cod*. Now some of my family have sprend. Some in NH, Alaska, Georgia, and South Carolina.

My dad's side :dunno:

Levonian said:
I can just imagine how much alcohol must have been flowing at your family get-togethers. :lol:
:|

Dont mention it - we do not talk about our uncles Billy or Jimmy :squint:

:rofl:

Back