Do you believe in grounding your child/children?

I would give them grounding punishment to cancel going to Disco, or Friday's Church group, refused to give two older daughters a lift to work after school hours, and tell them to catch a taxi to work if they are bitchy to me!!!!

For school reports, it is unfair to me, because one is very clever doing one year ahead for her age, other is average, other is struggle, so I don't give them punishment, or reward present. No favourism.

Spanking is a borderline acceptance in the community and to the public. Its a case by case basis of child abuse and the law does not involve in this matter if the child gets spanked on the hand or butt because of the punishment they need to deserve. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE to spank or hit from the neck up, or create bruises or purple marks on bodies My parents did spank on my butt and has learned a lot of lessons in life.

My two sisters still does that on their children at a last resort after their punishment options have run out.

It doesn't matter since spanking on butt or hand is considered to be child abuse since it's illegal to do that at school, such as teachers who did that.

It doesn't matter since spanking on butt or hand is considered to be child abuse since it's illegal to do that at school, such as teachers who did that.

I never said teachers or schools. Only parents can and I said its a 'borderline' abuse and the law will not be involved if the parents take controlled punishment aka smacking in the butt or something like that.

If grounding works with the child, then yes. There are some children who do not care if they got grounded or not so a different kind of discipline is needed for those children.

I try to find the kind of punishment that will fit the "crime". Like one time, my daughter went outside with her socks on even after I told her twice to put her shoes on. So, I made her wash all her dirty socks by hand. She never went outside without shoes again.

I ground my daughter for giving me a bad attitude about math homework or for getting into trouble at school.

Other bad behavior, I try to find the punishment that closely correlates with the "crime". I dont want to ground her too much that she becomes resistant to it where it isnt effective anymore.
yeah i agree with that..

one time my son was splashing water in bathroom. and i made him to clean whole bathroom floor by hand.

it seems to work that way.

i don't believe in punish kids over bad grades only if they're trying their best to accompolish their grades.. it will hurt their self-esteem.
its best to find out why the kid is failing the grade and make some adjustments.

every parent have their own ideas. I believe kids shouldn't talk DURING class time.. but during break, social time, or talking about class is okay. not just to chat and chat and chat about fanisty, boys, girls, etc. during class isn't allowed.

some teachers jump their borders and assumed that they're talking when they're accually asking other students for help with something related to class.

as long in ur problem. it varies on parent to parent.

My believe should talk over it.. if it happens again.. then have to do something about it like punish. once they get older.. they're in college. teacher won't do much when they're talking and not listening to the teacher.

i don't believe in punish kids over bad grades only if they're trying their best to accompolish their grades.. it will hurt their self-esteem.
its best to find out why the kid is failing the grade and make some adjustments.

I'm sorry I disagree, because one thing your child isn't even a honor roll student yet and my son has been a honor roll student for over 3 years straight and all sudden this year he had gotten a C on his report card and I do know my son is very smart but it seems that he is getting a bit lazy with his school work lately, I do know why it changes because he spends so much time with his friends and not spending more times on his school work, I cut that and even grounded him so he knows I'm dead seriously about how important education is for him, and don't want to see him far behind or failing.

I guess you have to walk the miles in our shoes before even comment that you won't do anything about their bad grades when it has not even happened to your own child yet. I am not trying to be blunt but sometimes parents and non-parents say things like that before experience it first with their own child. ;)

Sorry to burst your bubbles there, but corporal punishment still are allowing in some schools as for today, My junior high had corporal punishment also being spanked with a paddle. Some states has already banned corporal punishment, some states are allowing corporal punishment.

Sorry to burst your bubbles there, but corporal punishment still are allowing in some schools as for today, My junior high had corporal punishment also being spanked with a paddle. Some states has already banned corporal punishment, some states are allowing corporal punishment.

Well, most of them are illegal since many school district don't want have CP in their school, even their state is allowed them to offers CP for kids.

It does banned in my state, also same in CA too except for private school.

Well, most of them are illegal since many school district don't want have CP in their school, even their state is allowed them to offers CP for kids.

It does banned in my state, also same in CA too except for private school.

Yes, I am aware of CA outlawed the corporal punishment, but not in my state of Ohio (depends on which city)

Here's the listing of states which outlawed corporal punishment, which states have restricted uses of corporal punishment, and which states allows corporal punishments...

Corporal punishments

Yes, I am aware of CA outlawed the corporal punishment, but not in my state of Ohio (depends on which city)

Here's the listing of states which outlawed corporal punishment, which states have restricted uses of corporal punishment, and which states allows corporal punishments...

Corporal punishments
Same here in my state.. they're allowed to paddle with only the parents permission.

Same here in my state.. they're allowed to paddle with only the parents permission.

Yep, I see that your state was on the list too. :Ohno: I remembered when I was in junior high there was no permission needed for parents approval, I did got spanked so many times with a paddle, the principal made me bend over and touch the ground with my hands.

Some of your post over corporal punishments got me *goose bumps* :cold:

yeah i agree with that..

one time my son was splashing water in bathroom. and i made him to clean whole bathroom floor by hand.
it seems to work that way..

Yes it's same with me as well when boys were young. I told them to not splashing water over the floor... They ignored my remark few times until I got them to clean the bathroom floor. After that, they never do that again... :giggle:

Yes I agree with you on this. I don't beleive to punish students over their bad grades but focus to find out why...

I cut the limited hours for use computer and watch on TV and get them go out to sports, meet friends, youth club etc which it's good for them than stick their ass on the front of computer and stare on the TV. Did you know that the computer and watch on TV all the time is the blame who neglect children's education.

some teachers jump their borders and assumed that they're talking when they're accually asking other students for help with something related to class.

Agreed... That's why I didn't jump my gun on my boys after got a fax from their teachers but listen their talk... and then check with teacher... I need to listen both sides without support my boys or teachers. Sometimes they admitted their mistakes. I educated them what right or wrong on the behalf of their teachers. (It's my duty to support teachers). I check with teacher if my boys convinced me that's not what their teacher think... I did few times... Danny's teacher said that't not what my son said... I suggest his teacher that it could be misunderstand between him and her and got my son here to face with me, teacher & interpreter... I watched teacher and my son agrue and tried to convince each other... until I see what's the problem is then I solve BOTH and then told my son to do not that again front of teacher then my son gone back to classroom... I told teacher to not jump to judge quick next time. (I would not talk like that to teacher front of my son).

Corporal punishments

It's banned in IL too, that where I currently live here.

I remember about in Arizona, most school don't have CP and it was from school district that make decison on CP.

Do you support CP at school? I'm not support of them.

Some of CP can be too easy for students that need other punish than CP like send to ISS, write on paper with bunch of same sentence, send to continuation school and corner for rest of hours until school is out, like start in morning until 2:00 pm.

Yes it's same with me as well when boys were young. I told them to not splashing water over the floor... They ignored my remark few times until I got them to clean the bathroom floor. After that, they never do that again... :giggle:

Yes I agree with you on this. I don't beleive to punish students over their bad grades but focus to find out why...

I cut the limited hours for use computer and watch on TV and get them go out to sports, meet friends, youth club etc which it's good for them than stick their ass on the front of computer and stare on the TV. Did you know that the computer and watch on TV all the time is the blame who neglect children's education.

Agreed... That's why I didn't jump my gun on my boys after got a fax from their teachers but listen their talk... and then check with teacher... I need to listen both sides without support my boys or teachers. Sometimes they admitted their mistakes. I educated them what right or wrong on the behalf of their teachers. (It's my duty to support teachers). I check with teacher if my boys convinced me that's not what their teacher think... I did few times... Danny's teacher said that't not what my son said... I suggest his teacher that it could be misunderstand between him and her and got my son here to face with me, teacher & interpreter... I watched teacher and my son agrue and tried to convince each other... until I see what's the problem is then I solve BOTH and then told my son to do not that again front of teacher then my son gone back to classroom... I told teacher to not jump to judge quick next time. (I would not talk like that to teacher front of my son).

I wouldn't punish my child for bad grade but need watch them to do on homework and alot of help like cut on computer, tv and play games.

Do you support CP at school? I'm not support of them..

They don't have corporal punishments at my kids school so why should I worried? like I said it depends on what city in my state of Ohio, not every city in my state of Ohio has corporal punishments.

Back