Did you have lunchboxes when you were in grade school?

Yeah , I know I had metal lunch box becauce my dad threw at my head!

I am sorry , this all I can really remember about my lunch box.

Ouch!

I did see metal lunchboxes used as weapons in a few school yard fights!:giggle:

I like how the instructions are written. Pretty classic.

Times have really changed.

Yeah , I know I had metal lunch box becauce my dad threw at my head!

I am sorry , this all I can really remember about my lunch box.
lol!

Attachments

• instructions.jpg
    instructions.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9
I like how the instructions are written. Pretty classic.

Times have really changed.

lol!

You should have been there for the bomb drills!:lol: They would have us get under our desks to protect us in case of a bomb being dropped in the area.:giggle: Even as a kid, I used to think "How the hell is this old wooden desk going to protect me from a WMD?"

You should have been there for the bomb drills!:lol: They would have us get under our desks to protect us in case of a bomb being dropped in the area.:giggle: Even as a kid, I used to think "How the hell is this old wooden desk going to protect me from a WMD?"

Same here, lol. When I was a boy in Oklahoma, it seemed most of my neighbors had bomb/tornado shelters. You don't see many of those nowadays, hmmm.

This nothing to laugh about , I have head trauma from being hit in the head by my dad so much and car accidents.

No one thinks it is funny that your dad hit you in the head. I was laughing about the number of school yard fights I saw where the lunchbox was used as a weapon. Had nothing to do with you or your situation.

Same here, lol. When I was a boy in Oklahoma, it seemed most of my neighbors had bomb/tornado shelters. You don't see many of those nowadays, hmmm.

Because people finally realized they were useless!:lol:

Dang, I believed that I had them before. The reason is that when i was a kid at school. some of kids and i did exchange the lunchboxes for fun except food were mine.

Planet-of-the-Apes-Vintage-1974-Lunch-Box-lunch-boxes-2585694-800-717.jpg

:hmm: FF, how did you get them to get you personalized picture holding that gun on that lunchbox?

JK :D

Yeah. All thermoses used to have a glass lining between the outside and the inside layers. Sometimes, you could accidently break the glass, and could feel it shaking around inside.

ohhhh yes i know what you are talking about!! i totally forget about it. I remember it now. I had it because of my sisters' lunchbox then passed it to me but i broke it right away. mom dislikes it so threw it away.

:hmm: FF, how did you get them to get you personalized picture holding that gun on that lunchbox?

JK :D

ha ha nah, we used to think we were all best friends so we can share our fun to play with the lunchbox. sometimes I refuse to take others lunchbox when someone had tuna sandwich. :barf: you can smell it in the lunchbox. :giggle:

Yes, I did in the 50's and 60's.

Yep, I used to have lunch boxes with the thermos back in the 50 and the 60. I really like them better than brown paper bags. It had brought me memories about them. Only thing is I forget what kind of characters that was on the front of the lunch boxes. Jillio, you are right when my thermos was broken, my mom had to throw them away. I had to be extra careful with them but sometime some of them get broke anyway. :ugh:

I only took lunch on the days we had "chicken surprise" for lunch. Then, it was brown paper bag.

Chicken surprise was tuna fish with I don't know what, shaped like a chicken leg, dipped in egg and rolled in bread crumbs and baked or fried. Disgusting piece of crap!!

I was a '70's kid. Started in 1969 and graduated in 1981.

Lol - I remember that. Nowadays, it's just brown paper sacks.

Grew up in the '80s and '90s - I was the last of Generation X - 1982.

First day of school, Lancaster, CA, 1959.

My brother had a metal Zorro lunch box with matching thermos (I was jealous because I loved Zorro).

I had a red vinyl box with generic kids on it.

Note what elementary girls wore to school then--a dress and "pearl" (plastic) necklace.

Attachments

• lunchboxes.jpg
    lunchboxes.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 11
My 4 year old has a Spiderman tin lunchbox. I found it at a thrift store. :D

I had so many different lunchboxes..cant even remember what characters I had on them.

Back