Did you have lunchboxes when you were in grade school?

smurfs plastic.

I had this:

2ylr5sz.jpg

Yeah I had lunch boxes and also in high school I had small container with lid that I can put it in a microwave to heat up my lunch, like making mac and cheese, soup etc.

Yep...I remembered plastic and metal lunch boxes....I don't remember what was on it though....right now all school banned the metal lunch boxes....only soft cloth or plastic. My son takes his lunch to school since he was in 1st grade or 2nd grade (can't remember lol). He prefer that way than have hot lunches at school (he said the food was ok ok not great as I make). His favorite is PB&J or bogonla, cheese and tortilla or lunchable (rarely)

Picture below....our son got that as 1st lunch bag I think. I still have it but I misplaced somewhere lol Z use it for his food/bottles. :)

B000050YQF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

My late father-in-law used to take his lunch box with thermos to work every day. We have it now. It's a very classic style:

Attachments

• lunchbox.jpg
    lunchbox.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 6
  • thermos.jpg
    thermos.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 6
My sisters carried Beatles lunch boxes which they were very proud of. About a year ago they asked me their value today, and I discovered it was only about fifty bucks for one. As for myself, for various reasons I brown-bagged it, lol.

My late father-in-law used to take his lunch box with thermos to work every day. We have it now. It's a very classic style:

MIL still has the one FIL used for 45 years with Pratt Whitney here in West Palm Beach. It is quite battered and all, but the thermos is still in good condition.

First day of school, Lancaster, CA, 1959.

My brother had a metal Zorro lunch box with matching thermos (I was jealous because I loved Zorro).

I had a red vinyl box with generic kids on it.

Note what elementary girls wore to school then--a dress and "pearl" (plastic) necklace.

cute!!!

First day of school, Lancaster, CA, 1959.

My brother had a metal Zorro lunch box with matching thermos (I was jealous because I loved Zorro).

I had a red vinyl box with generic kids on it.

Note what elementary girls wore to school then--a dress and "pearl" (plastic) necklace.

You lived in lancaster before?
Coool!

I think Zorro was the bomb too.. used to watch the shows.

Wirelessly posted

Yeah, I did have metal lunch boxes and sometimes in small brown bag as well. :)

I had plastic lunch box when I was in elementary school in 90's but stopped when I started in middle school and switch to buy lunch at school.

School lunch is lousy food. :ugh:

You lived in lancaster before?
Coool!
Yep. Joshua trees, sand, tumbleweeds in the back yard, the whole desert scene. :)

I think Zorro was the bomb too.. used to watch the shows.
The Zorro lunch box was beautiful. It was black with the Zorro silhouette in front of a colorful sunset sky. Sigh....

One Halloween, my brother and I were each Zorro. :lol:

I remember the plastic ones from the 90s. One was a Barbie, and another was a My Little Pony. Neither survived the move. Besides by then I was in junior high and taking your lunch was no longer popular, but rather skipping lunch altogether was the thing. =/

I remember having a HELLO KITTY lunchbox with thermo :D Most of my girlfriends were jealous. I got it from my father when he came home from the US! I was a proud HK owner back then LOL.

I did a research on ebay and even found it... or at least I think that's what it looked like, though I had the impression that mine also had a plastic straw... *shrug*

4738601654_b382b36b30.jpg

Back