Defending Good Parents

G

Gemtun

Tonight, it seems like everyone are getting upset over morbid stories. Why waste so much energy/time over these stories????

I bet if I post a story about a wonderful parent, no one will react strongly.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I am a proud mother of 2 beautiful, caring, sensitive and sweet girls. But I am sure if I post anything about them here, no one will pay attention.

Please give good parents more credit. For each horrible story you hear, there are 100 other wonderful parents out there who sacrifice a lot for their kids like I am.

This is just my IMO. :pissed:

True, you are right. We need some more 'good' news. Not all of parents are bad. There are plenty parents who rock in my book included you, meg!

I'd love to share about my family but I don't have the family yet! :cry:

Of course we give good credit to good parents...But,

Parents who murder their children, put children involved with drugs, having young child being killed by another child is something we do not give credit to Parents for not being a responsible role model to their own children. When a child dies there emotion involved there so much mixed feelings, Of course we get our energy all worked up, because it sicken us. Sometimes we don't understand why in the world would someone do that? A child comes from a mother's womb that should mean something to them. They should protect them, keep them away from bad things, pay attention to them, love them and cherish them.

I wouldn't mind having news about good role models Parents done special for their children, and I've always respond my post in a good feedback giving good parents a clap

True, but there wouldn't be any stories if parents would take their respondsibility of being a good parents for their children...there just way too many sad stories , and what I dont understand is, if you are not ready to have any children, then you might as well better off living alone, you know what I mean?....

Some stories just makes me sick in my stomach and couldn't handle reading all of it, it would be nice to have more stories about great parents out there, but I don't think anyone takes notice of it more than they do with bad stories..IMO

Meg said:
Tonight, it seems like everyone are getting upset over morbid stories. Why waste so much energy/time over these stories????

I am a proud mother of 2 beautiful, caring, sensitive and sweet girls. But I am sure if I post anything about them here, no one will pay attention.

Please give good parents more credit. For each horrible story you hear, there are 100 other wonderful parents out there who sacrifice a lot for their kids like I am.

Meg I agree with you. It is make me so sad that Parent did their good job and put on Trust with Someone to take care of their child/children. All of sudden, the child/children was abused, raped, murdered, or worse by someone And People will put their finger at Parent as Fault. It is not really Parent's Fault or not just "happen". Not too many Parents are so Perfect but they do make mistakes and put on protect for their child/children. So they can show and try their best as parent. No one is perfect but only We can do to children "role model as parent".
Reason that I put on Stories and try to tell Parent to be Alert for their own children's safety and protection. I don't mean to put on my finger at Bad Parent or Lousy Parent from Alldeaf or Other online News or in Person. I just want to give Parent "Smell coffee and Wake up" as they will put on their careful with trust, believe, know well, and take care of your child/children. That's all I want to reach out to Parent as aware about dangerous from person or "trusted" person as you and husband/boyfriend know.

You said about I bet if I post a story about a wonderful parent, no one will react strongly. I want to learn and know about Children like behavior, skills, anything or Parent Skills. I enjoy to learn and read about anything Postive or Good things for children. Meg, If you have anything good or postive things for children from news or mouth to mouth. Just Post it! :)
Mommyof3

Meg, I think I know one site that provide the 'good' news about parents or parenting issues.

I am going to browse around and post these news from now. Glad that you brought it up... it reminds me of that site. Will be back with you on that one.

**Defending good parents who are members of AD**

A good and well thought out point you've expressed in here Meg and I'm sure whether or not these 'good' reports/stories have replies, these can and will be appreciated to read about! :thumb:

*HATS OFF TO THE GOOD PARENTS!*

i agree Meg -- more good parents should be recognized as well!

I am total agreement with you !!!! I work hard at being a good mom. I dont get my name on the news for being involved and working hard to raise respectful children. there is way too much about bad parents!!! We good ones are getting swept under the rug. teachers often complain that parents are not willing to support them with educating our children..BUT...when my daughter was having trouble in school, (not doing homework, failing!!!) I went to the school every day to collect information as to what was due the next day. I was really concerned about my daughter's education and wasn't going to let her fail because she was more interested in other things. The school was totally uncooperative!!! Went so far as to tell me it was not my responsibility to make sure she did her homework!!! I was sure quick to set them straight. Brought in her birth certificate and showed them the name listed next to "mother". I pointed out that that as long as I was the name listed there it was MY responsibility!!! I would have thought they would have been happy to see a mom who really cared about her daughter and her education and was willing to go to any length ot cooperate with her teachers. I was left feeling that they prefered she not do her homework...it was one less paper for the teacher to correct! Well that was 4 years ago, my daughter is now 17 and getting a's and b's . She now thanks me for not just allowing her to fail. The school never did!!!! HORRAY FOR GOOD PARENTS EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Meg said:

You are right, Meggie. Unfortunately, the "morbid and dramatic" sells newspapers and TV time. And, this is why we hear more of these type stories as opposed to the nine year old who saved his four year old sister's life. And, the like.

It's sad and depressing. :(

:gpost: You make a very good point.

Good thread, Meg :hug:

It´s very sad to see the children suffering due their parents´s neglection. I remember when I brought my 2nd son to Childminder due speech development when he was 2 years old. I saw a little cute girl Karin who is very withdraw and cant speak at Childminder´s house. The childminder aks foster parent have her to stay with her and famliy. The child minder told me the story about Karin´s young parents. They lockéd her in room with foods and drink all the day and everyday. I never never never forget when I look at 3 years old Karin who can walk hardly. Karin is still with her now. Karin´s development goes improve more and more now.

I as mother cant understand why the parents did to their innoncent children like this? I would give the children up for an adoption if I know that I am not fit mother.

The child-murders who already fathered to their children did killed the children..... ***shake the head***

I know that I am not prefect mother but good and loving and respect mother.

Back