Color HA's and Ha's molds...

jencperry

Reaction score
I recently went to a Deaf function at csun and I saw a lot of people with hearing aides and molds that weren't brown,or earwax clear, I so have to have some purple aides, does anyone know if these cost extra....and if they do how much? I really liked the way they look.its about time they came out with something besides brown. I hate brown! Does anyone know if you have to wait a long time or if you can just call your audiologist and get fitted. Ok,just one more question...are the colored hearing aides made the color in the factory or are the fitted with some kind of cover? I know the molds have to go out and I need a new one anyways. Thanks!

I so have to have some purple aides, does anyone know if these cost extra....and if they do how much? I really liked the way they look.its about time they came out with something besides brown. I hate brown! Does anyone know if you have to wait a long time or if you can just call your audiologist and get fitted. Ok,just one more question...are the colored hearing aides made the color in the factory or are the fitted with some kind of cover?
Yeah, they do cost extra. I'm not too sure how much they cost....but most audis(not hearing aid dispensers!) offer them. They come in all sorts of cool colors and shades. I had a lilac earmold a couple of years ago, and then I got translucent earmolds.You can get like colorchanging, sparkle and glow-in-thedark aids. The colored aids are colored in the factory. There are some audis that dispense really cool hearing aid stickers, and I think there's a site out there that sells covers for your hearing aid. You could also put, like nail stickers, temporary tatoos, and body jewels on them. Some other idears are;beads on the tubing (I have these really cool peyote stitch beads made out of all thee tiny little beads, on my tubing) You can also get little jump rings (for jewrey making) and then attach clip on charms to your aids!

jewerly for hearing aids?? colored hearing aids. oh boy I am way behind. my aids are only 12 yrs old and running....need new ones.. is there pixs so I can see what it looks alike. I can not picture it.

Thanx Deafdyke!!!!

I love all your ideas! I have always hated the plain brown thing. I'm going to spice up my aids!!! I will ask my audiologist next time too. I have an appointment in like a week! :deaf:

deafdyke said:
. You could also put, like nail stickers, temporary tatoos, and body jewels on them.

I think that is a NEAT idea having temporary tattoos on my BTE. :) I am going to see if I can find some at WalMart this weekend, because I want to spice up my beige colored (flesh toned) hearing aid. :)

Nancy said:
I think that is a NEAT idea having temporary tattoos on my BTE. :) I am going to see if I can find some at WalMart this weekend, because I want to spice up my beige colored (flesh toned) hearing aid. :)

EW!!! FUCK!!! lol mine are beige too!!! I've always wanted purple. I just got a new one in my right, and i've always wondered if they could change the casing to purple instead of ugly beige. The aide in my left is 5 years old and works well, but when it dies i'm getting purple! Oh, i am so envious!!!

The hearing aid jewrely is my own invention....and sorry i don't have any pics!

How about hearing aids in clear plastic casings and the tiny blinky LEDs in them.

Richard

Well, here it is! :)

Well, I got some Hello Kitty nail stickers and decorated mine. :) Thanks to DeafDyke for that neat idea you gave us. ;) I scanned my aid with my decorations on them. :) Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• HelloKittyBTE.jpg
    HelloKittyBTE.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 68
Nesmuth said:
How about hearing aids in clear plastic casings and the tiny blinky LEDs in them.

Richard
Sounds like a cool idea but it probably will make the battery dies faster

Nesmuth said:

Richard
Sounds like a cool idea but it probably will make the battery die faster

yea i have med pink hearing aid, soon get color of mold.. i think wanna clear or pink.. not sure.. i will find out..

aww that is cute.. My decoration on my hearing aid right now is bearing dog teeth marks that my dog tried to chew on it. :lol:

Not everyone can use colored earmolds. The more profound you are, the less chance you can get colored earmolds. :(

As for the hearing aid plastic cases, some people order the hard case and change the color. Some use stickers. I wonder which model everyone use the most because I am trying to design a better, common sized sticker.

would LOVE to do that, my hearing aid * ahem* is BROWN well its closly resembles my hair so i think thats why i got this hearing aid anyhow...... but if i got this earing that just basically covers my tubing it ll be really nice and less distracting on people staring at my dark hearing aid........

You know what would be cool? Temporary tatoo designs in full sheet, so it would cover the entire aid and transform it...like you could have flames, lightening bolts, stars, and other cool designs.

Back