Chik-fil-a doesn't support gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chick-fil-A gay marriage controversy: Rahm Emanuel vs. Chicago franchise - Zap2it

I can't really find the original story of what has been happening with chik fil a but this story basically explains what has been going on.

Yup, I heard about that too but it has been for years before CFA made publicly announce about their stance on gay marriage, however there are some companies that are anti-gay rights too.

I stopped ate at CFA about years ago after I found out they are donating money to anti-gay rights organizations like AFA, NOM and FRC. I will never support businesses who are anti-gay rights, however making neutral is better way.

Just beware, it is possible for your thread to fall in political class but not worry, the mods will handle it.

This statement is meant with all love and sincerity. Chick-Fil-A never said anything against gay marriage. They only stated that they support traditional marriage and Christian and family values! I too take a stand with Chick-Fil-A! My opinion is my right and just because I feel that way doesn't mean I hate gays either! The Christians have just as much a right to freedom of speech as the gay marriage supporters have! The mayors who bash Chick-Fil-A have no right legally to do so and should banned, fined and fired! Go Chick-Fil-A!!! Love me some chicken sandwiches!

By the way, Rahm Emanuel doesn't speak for all in Chicago and does not accurately reflect Chicago values! Remember freedom of speech is at risk here and not discrimination!

Last edited:
This statement is meant with all love and sincerity. Chick-Fil-A never said anything against gay marriage. They only stated that they support traditional marriage and Christian and family values! I too take a stand with Chick-Fil-A! My opinion is my right and just because I feel that way doesn't mean I hate gays either! The Christians have just as much a right to freedom of speech as the gay marriage supporters have! The mayors who bash Chick-Fil-A have no right legally to do so and should banned, fined and fired! Go Chick-Fil-A!!! Love me some chicken sandwiches!

By the way, Rahm Emanuel doesn't speak for all in Chicago and does not accurately reflect Chicago values! Remember freedom of speech is at risk here and not discrimination!

I don't agree with you.

Support traditional marriage is obviously anti-gay marriage, it isn't support marriage equality for all.

Chicago is very liberal city and they are very gay friendly. The Chicago mayor is free to speak whatever he wants.

Eet mor chikin....

I stopped by today to get a shake, but had to leave because the line wrapped around the store (???)

It's like those dern cows put my whole town under some kind of hypnotic trance :eek3:

why? it's free speech.

Yes, it's free speech but it is also unconstitutional because the Mayors doesn't have a say on how the CFA's CEO opinion are. CFA is entitled to speak out on their opinion just as much as liberals or whomever does. Does it give them the right to shun it out?

This is America. If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else to do your business. They have a right to operate their business just as much as anyone does. I don't see anyone raising a fuss over a muslim owning a gas station or an India restaurant being there too.

Just saying.

Yes, it's free speech but it is also unconstitutional because the Mayors doesn't have a say on how the CFA's CEO opinion are. CFA is entitled to speak out on their opinion just as much as liberals or whomever does. Does it give them the right to shun it out?

This is America. If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else to do your business. They have a right to operate their business just as much as anyone does. I don't see anyone raising a fuss over a muslim owning a gas station or an India restaurant being there too.

Just saying.

it's unconstitutional for mayors to criticize them? but they are not shutting them down or enacting laws to shut them down or to give them hard time so.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9WmQHsM2I4]Chick-fil-A: Appreciation Day Part II.MPG - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fDGLVvpOro]Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkVEtRTz6DA]Chick-Fil -A Appreciation Day, North Ft. Worth, TX - YouTube[/ame] (Cars backed up on the highway)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7f-EcPS5PI]Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day Traffic - YouTube[/ame] (Three red lights away to get into Chik-Fil-A)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjloCb0dqc]Burlington, MA The Line 01 - YouTube[/ame] (Line circles food court)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIxtVQRD-LQ]Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day in Cedar Rapids - YouTube[/ame]

Cow powah!!! They run the farm !!! :Ohno::hyper::Owned:

Even on regular days, our local CFA is busy. They have two drive-in windows in addition to the dine-in area, and another worker stands outside to take additional orders. We have several CFA in our area, some in malls, and some free standing.

it's unconstitutional for mayors to criticize them? but they are not shutting them down or enacting laws to shut them down or to give them hard time so.....

These mayor's postions are not a platform for them to air their personal feelings or to promote or speak out against a private business personal beliefs. These are sentiments as a mayor that need to be kept private. Much like a church pastor telling his congregation who to vote for or against!

I think there may be some confusion of freedom of speech, or some people think that right only belongs to some.

Yes everybody has a right to say how they feel, everybody, but that does not mean that everybody else has to like an accept what some one says or cannot speak out against it. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that there will never be any backlash for what someone says.

Political issues aside, I've never eaten at a CFA. There is one in downtown Chicago. I'll have to try it seeing how popular it seems to be.

These mayor's postions are not a platform for them to air their personal feelings or to promote or speak out against a private business personal beliefs. These are sentiments as a mayor that need to be kept private. Much like a church pastor telling his congregation who to vote for or against!

says who?

I'm Gay and I support Chick-fil-A - CNN iReport

I have to say that I agree with him. We can't make them to like gays. If that's their belief, then it's their belief.

And I do agree with ya.....Even myself have my own opinions and beliefs and just because someone else feels differently, doesn't mean that I should boycott their business or even their friendship.....

I've never eaten at CFA tho'....we have several locations....

And even I do support traditional marriages....but to each their own and their own opinions. I've no argument either way.

CFA donated money to anti-gay organizations and how they get money from? Customers

That's big issue about donating money and if they haven't so it will be different story.
It's not illegal. All we can do is move on.

CFA donated money to anti-gay organizations and how they get money from? Customers

That's big issue about donating money and if they haven't so it will be different story.

Well, if I owned a business, it's my busines who and where I want to donate....I'm a Repub....and still have friends who are Dems.....I do support traditional marriages...and still have gay friends.....in other words, we all get along.

If the food is good at CFA...I'll eat there regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back