CC-black/white only or colors?

blue/white transparent CC on my TV flatscreen.

For me to read the color. It's kinda read. I prefer Dark blue as navy and white. Also black and white.

For me to read the color. It's kinda read. I prefer Dark blue as navy and white. Also black and white.

I understand. As for me, I could read fine with blue/white translucent. It has 8 background color, that's black, white, blue, magenta, red, yellow, green and cyan. no navy color by the way.

I am White Text / Black Background on 480i at HDTV, Why? I hate Motorloa DVR becuase Font size and sytle are lousy! but I need bold and extra larage size, I swtich 480i bulit-in HDTV, I look it fine! I will wait for Sony DVR and I will quit motorloa future

I've only ever used black background, white text, or occasionally, yellow text - whichever the subbing program uses. It think that having no background can get confusing. I've had a few things I've watched which had no background, and were white text, and it was incredibly difficult to read, because some letters and even whole words were missing, like this: "it wa edibly difficult to re, becs ome letters whole words missing". :D

I've heard that Japanese subtitles for non-live programmes can go be crazy, with colours expressing emotions, you find little music symbols at the end of sentences if someone is in a good mood, etc. I don't know how reliable this is, though. It's one of those "a friend told me that..." things. If it is true though, I think it would be pretty annoying after a while?

I am White Text / Black Background on 480i at HDTV, Why? I hate Motorloa DVR becuase Font size and sytle are lousy! but I need bold and extra larage size, I swtich 480i bulit-in HDTV, I look it fine! I will wait for Sony DVR and I will quit motorloa future

Time for you to receive new CI and attend at speech therapy everyday? :shock:

just kidding, anyway

For me, I prefer black and white for CC, also for subtitle or SDH then prefer white text with black line at end side.

I built my own HTPC and it set my CC to a transparent smoke background (black can see thur of tv show in background) and white text. All my CC are decoded by HTPC even DVD movies or movie from internet before sending it to TV.

It look nice but sometime a very white background like a snow on ground in cartoon will almost mask it but still can barely see so it not always happen maybe once in every 2 week hit something like that on tv show for a few seconds.

Depends on the color

I'm not against colored captions so long as it doesn't get wild. I find that a soft blue against a black background is the best combination of being easy-to-read and not straining the eyes.

Some people though love the wild colors but that bright green or fuschia on a yellow background gives me a headache.

I would like to eliminate ALL yellow captions though regardless of the background.

I tried to set up the blue bkgd/yellow font on my COX hdtv cable receiver and it still show black/white CC. :eek3:

It's because you're watch the standard channel which doesn't support the digital CC. You have to choice the digital channel that support these to see what you see.

I love digital CC. I set it half transparency with black outline of yellow font. It's make look awesome as I could see through the background of caption whatever I wouldn't miss the world.

I don't have HDTV but I would like to have the closed captioned with clear background to make it look like subtitles.

I like the good old white text cc on black background, it's what I am used to for so many years.

my cc doesnt let me change colors! i would like black background with pink text because pink is my favorite color!

my cc doesnt let me change colors! i would like black background with pink text because pink is my favorite color!

Because you do not have digital tunes, it trend come with digital conversation box or new television with build-in ATSC card.

be prepare to get conversation box or new TV before May 2011, the analog ground-cable will shut down.

Mine is white text with transparent box. sometime black outline CC come with Sony 40" Slim TV.

Chevy57, it is MY house too, reception is very bad at my house, only have external antenna near the garage, it sux I know. We have cable TV but it is my housemate's - not mine.

Back