BREAKING NEWS,=Plot to blow up planes' foiled

B

Buckdodgers

A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.

It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled on aircraft in hand luggage.

Police have arrested about 18 people in the London area after an anti-terrorist operation lasting several months.

Security at all airports in the UK has been tightened and delays are expected. MI5 has raised the UK threat level to critical - the highest possible.

According to MI5's website, critical threat level means "an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK".

BBC home affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford says he does not think the police believe an attack is imminent.

Plot to blow up planes' foiled

NOW ENGLAND WILL GO TO WAR!!! You watch what Tony Blair will do next

I just saw that in the news! can't belive this is happening! ( buck do us a little favor don't go jumping the gun, let nature take its course please)

It might have been Britans 9-11. Now i bet this will make the british liberals to finaly get it and stop protesting about the war.Israel people support the war and they understand what the war on terrorism is about.Americans have no understanding why were fighting.And 60% of the Voters are against america going to war in the middle east.So i hope this is a wake up call for the british.

Buckdodgers said:
It might have been Britans 9-11. Now i bet this will make the british liberals to finaly get it and stop protesting about the war.Israel people support the war and they understand what the war on terrorism is about.Americans have no understanding why were fighting.And 60% of the Voters are against america going to war in the middle east.So i hope this is a wake up call for the british.

dude, england ALREADY had their version of 9/11
I'm not going to tell you, i'm going to enourage you to do your research about this certain event that occured, it happened over a year ago and during the summer

Hey... buckaroo..

we cant control what it happening.. if it happens.. or unexpected just like 9/11..

just accept what happen.. we all die anyway.. if you are afraid of die.. had to accept it..

take easy

MsGiglz said:
... we cant control what it happening.. if it happens.. or unexpected just like 9/11..

just accept what happen.. we all die anyway.. if you are afraid of die.. had to accept it.. ..
Huh? I'm not afraid of death but I'm NOT just going to sit around and let it "happen". I don't think we should just "accept" terrorist attempts. We CAN control what happens, if we take the right steps.

Reba said:
Huh? I'm not afraid of death but I'm NOT just going to sit around and let it "happen". I don't think we should just "accept" terrorist attempts. We CAN control what happens, if we take the right steps.

I agree with you. However, I think I know what she was getting at, too. Buck seems to be paranoid about this stuff, and that's not good, either.

Oceanbreeze said:
I agree with you. However, I think I know what she was getting at, too. Buck seems to be paranoid about this stuff, and that's not good, either.

yes, yes yes.. I am sorry I didnt make so clear.. had bad morning..

yeah you got that right and Reba..

we dont want it happen but.. for example.. unexpected bomb or something.. we have to live with that.. seems that buck is so paranoid about what happen and afraid to die.. to me sound like hes just jump a gun.. like "DO SOMETHING we dont want die" .. i dunno.. it just peeve me out to hear his paranoid stuff about going on.. we just have to move on .. nothing stop us what we are doing .. like me.. being mom and taking care of kids.. and take them dr and dentist and sports.. etc etc.. do daily route but dont let it stop you.. i am not going to run for shelter till all those crazy going on is over.. ..

i dont know if i make this clear.

Buckdodgers said:
A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.

It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled on aircraft in hand luggage.

Police have arrested about 18 people in the London area after an anti-terrorist operation lasting several months.

Security at all airports in the UK has been tightened and delays are expected. MI5 has raised the UK threat level to critical - the highest possible.

According to MI5's website, critical threat level means "an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK".

BBC home affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford says he does not think the police believe an attack is imminent.

Plot to blow up planes' foiled

NOW ENGLAND WILL GO TO WAR!!! You watch what Tony Blair will do next

Well Buck !! shouldn't we be glad they got caught before it going to be happening .. we should be very grateful to be proctection us people to save from being kill by the terrorists...
And by the way I live in England... :)

I agree with both Reba and Oceanbreeze on their comments!

Very few will say it outright but we are at war with Islamic Extremists (most just say Terrorists)...pure and simple. Hiding our heads in the sand isn't going to make the problem go away. So, doing nothing is not an option to be considered (in a nod to Reba's point). On the other hand, running around like Chicken Littles (the sky is falling, the sky is falling) isn't going to do it either (in a nod to Oceanbreeze).

We simply have to recognize the conflict for what it is and engage them in a war mentality to defeat them. If it means exterminating them, so be it. Only the winners survive in this conflict. I never subscribed to the stupid mentality that existed in Europe "Better Red than Dead" when the Soviets were around. I'll be darned to do the same today with "Better Islamic or Dead" as some are wont to (those that do are total cowards at that and don't believe in anything but their skin).

It ain't going to be pretty but it has to be done (go to war with them). If the world is a changed place because of it, so be it. It is better to stand up for what you believe in instead of keetowing to others because of fear.

MsGiglz said:

we dont want it happen but.. for example.. unexpected bomb or something.. we have to live with that.. seems that buck is so paranoid about what happen and afraid to die.. to me sound like hes just jump a gun.. like "DO SOMETHING we dont want die" .. i dunno.. it just peeve me out to hear his paranoid stuff about going on.. we just have to move on .. nothing stop us what we are doing .. like me.. being mom and taking care of kids.. and take them dr and dentist and sports.. etc etc.. do daily route but dont let it stop you.. i am not going to run for shelter till all those crazy going on is over.. ..

Yes, that is more clear. :)

You see why we gotta launch a nuclear missle to the middle east? Cause a Nuclear bomb is the only thing arabs will understand.It taught the Japanese a lesson in 1945.And the japanese are scared to ever fuck with the USA ever again.So if we launch a nuke into northern pakistan and 2 more Nukes in IRAN I gurantee you the arabs will be quiet.Cause 3 Nukes=6 million arabs dead instantly and it will kill off al queda cause bin laden would been dead and so with his #2 guy.Plus that Idiot in IRAN would been dead too!!Even if bin laden hide in his cave the radiation will get him.

Buck, Buck, Buck...when will you ever learn? We went over this in another thread. It isn't that simple...I wish it were but it is not...

The only way this would work if they ever hit us with a nuke. Then, we could do some business. Alas, they aren't that stupid (idiotic yes) over there.

It is that Simple watch the Movie (Deterrance) and youll see what im talking about.

Moon baby,,,This is the only thing will stop Al Queda
mushroom_cloud.png

MsGiglz said:

I think what MsGiglz is trying to say is that we can't live our life in complete paranoia, worrying every single second of our lives about whether we are gonna get attacked. We still should live our lives as usual but with some caution. It's not healthy to live our lives completely in fear. It would be really bad for anxiety. Am I right, MsGiglz?

Another Reason Democrats will win in november
Travelers forced to throw out liquids

They Make em throw out Sunscreen,Shaving cream,Hair Gel,After Shave lotion,Mouthwash and other liquid medcations.And when they land in theur desination they have to buy it all over again.This reminds me of marylands SAVINGS AND LOAN SCANDEL 20 years ago when Taxpayers have to pay to bail out the Depostors but the Depostors have to pay twice and Governor HARRY HUGHES Was voted out of office in november.

sr171soars said:
I agree with both Reba and Oceanbreeze on their comments!

Very few will say it outright but we are at war with Islamic Extremists (most just say Terrorists)...pure and simple. Hiding our heads in the sand isn't going to make the problem go away. So, doing nothing is not an option to be considered (in a nod to Reba's point). On the other hand, running around like Chicken Littles (the sky is falling, the sky is falling) isn't going to do it either (in a nod to Oceanbreeze).

QUOTE]

Exactly. I am not suggesting we sit around with our heads in the sand, and wait for another 9/11 to happen before we try to do something to reduce terrorism. We shouldn't do that, and quite frankly, we can't afford to do that. However, paranoia comes with a price.

Government has the responsibilty to protect its people from attacks. However, not at the expense of making each and everyone of us paranoids.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I think what MsGiglz is trying to say is that we can't live our life in complete paranoia, worrying every single second of our lives about whether we are gonna get attacked. We still should live our lives as usual but with some caution. It's not healthy to live our lives completely in fear. It would be really bad for anxiety. Am I right, MsGiglz?

Exactly! What she said!

I should have read this before I made my statement. You said it better than I! :mrgreen:

Back