ATTN: Relay Online Lover

illustrator

Reaction score
Can you help and point me where the information about why Relay online offer no charge on long distance. :)

My hearing friend ask me "WHY?!?" I have no answer for her since 8 days. :o

honest i dont know why.. no idea abt that!! i use this nextalk.net and use relay to call my mom in alabama cuz of i live in hawaii... i call her every sundays...

Because us deaf people are moochers :P

No really, I dont know. Perhaps to persuade us that we are equally valuable to them as hearing people are? :dunno:

I think I deserve to pay the long-distance service. Staff are work hard to be paid for it.

I want all hearing impaired to be well-equal as hearing. Pay own goods and service. Not being begger.

Hmm.. I am think about write letter to FCC about long-distance issues. :aw:

illustrator said:
I think I deserve to pay the long-distance service. Staff are work hard to be paid for it.

I want all hearing impaired to be well-equal as hearing. Pay own goods and service. Not being begger.

Hmm.. I am think about write letter to FCC about long-distance issues. :aw:
u mean u write letter FCC abt not fair free long- distance ??? huh?

take it from me ills. don't cuz we are paying for relay anyway u know the 711 relays? we're actually paying them for each calls we make thats part of our tax so thier getting thier free benfits so let it go......... im not paying 100s of bucks for long distance from hawaii so let's not GO THERE :)

I disagree. Hearing people can speak with voice online through AIM, MSN or Yahoo or whatever, so I don't think that is equal access for us deafies. Of course, we do sign on webcam, but it sometimes sucks cos of not smooth enough of movements. How do we communicate with hearing people? I think there are also online telephone stuff for hearing people so that they avoid charges as well. I remember one of my roommates in college doing this.

kuifje75 said:
I disagree. Hearing people can speak with voice online through AIM, MSN or Yahoo or whatever, so I don't think that is equal access for us deafies. Of course, we do sign on webcam, but it sometimes sucks cos of not smooth enough of movements. How do we communicate with hearing people? I think there are also online telephone stuff for hearing people so that they avoid charges as well. I remember one of my roommates in college doing this.
very true !!!!! i have seen my dad call international via msn and aim and yahoo by free service through on line no charges !!!! no needs to be complaint for not fair to deaf for free call for long distance ... hey illustrator here is :nana: lol

javapride said:
take it from me ills. don't cuz we are paying for relay anyway u know the 711 relays? we're actually paying them for each calls we make thats part of our tax so thier getting thier free benfits so let it go......... im not paying 100s of bucks for long distance from hawaii so let's not GO THERE :)

I said Relay Online!!! :)

kuifje75 said:

You are not make sense. Hearing user must have to use AIM, MSN or Yahoo in order to make out communication with voice, same idea as us.

There is no more free charge on for voice long distance. Accord to the FCC policy, I found that when AT&T tried offer free long distance thry online and FCC tell them to charge or else. :mrgreen:
» http://news.com.com/2100-7352-5197204.html?tag=nefd.hed

knightwolf68 said:
very true !!!!! i have seen my dad call international via msn and aim and yahoo by free service through on line no charges !!!! no needs to be complaint for not fair to deaf for free call for long distance ... hey illustrator here is :nana: lol

you are way off the topic because it doesn't relation to "telephone on long distance". :aw:

AIM, MSN and/or YIM are so common as hearing impaired use it.

And how do you try to justify the deafies using Videophone services through Sorensen, even if it is free to call over long distance?

I still think it is same thing as telephone as talking online through AIM/Yahoo/MSN. One of my friends chatted (voice) with his Thai friends in Thailand all the time on MSN, and didn't have to pay a penny at all.

illustrator said:
you are way off the topic because it doesn't relation to "telephone on long distance". :aw:

AIM, MSN and/or YIM are so common as hearing impaired use it.

I ain't talk about telephone ... but hearing can use the mircophone plug in aim and chat by voice ..... that's what i called it as telephone ... as u have seen netmeeting ... same idea ...

illustrator said:

Yea try getting everyone off social security. You even try that and you would be a hunted man. I wouldnt mind but it wont happen as long as people can mooch.

kuifje75 said:
And how do you try to justify the deafies using Videophone services through Sorensen, even if it is free to call over long distance?

I still think it is same thing as telephone as talking online through AIM/Yahoo/MSN. One of my friends chatted (voice) with his Thai friends in Thailand all the time on MSN, and didn't have to pay a penny at all.

Let me :repost:

AIM, Yahoo and MSN are common because hearing and deaf are able to use. While there is Relay online which is much different when it need to be reach to someone on mobile or telephone, not on other computer!

Therefore, I have to ask for the answer... WHY DO WE HAVE FREE-CHARGE ON LONG-DISTANCE ON RELAY O N L I N E ?

knightwolf68 said:
I ain't talk about telephone ... but hearing can use the mircophone plug in aim and chat by voice ..... that's what i called it as telephone ... as u have seen netmeeting ... same idea ...

So, you can make "call" with NetMeeting or Instant Message with voice to the hearing person with cell phone? I don't think so. :crazy:

Megladon said:
Yea try getting everyone off social security. You even try that and you would be a hunted man. I wouldnt mind but it wont happen as long as people can mooch.

Umm... I never use SSA/SSI before.

illustrator said:
So, you can make "call" with NetMeeting or Instant Message with voice to the hearing person with cell phone? I don't think so. :crazy:
yes u can call from on line to cell phone .... two co worker from here told me that they got a call from their friends from netmeeting... u need to check out on netmeeting and figure out ... u will see there is dail number and u can call them ...

Why would you write to FCC to encourage them to allow relay fee? How much sense does that make since there are so many barriers in our life? Illustrator, I understand you want to be generous and fair but I personally think it is fair and we all should be grateful that Relay Online has worked hard to break down our barrier between deaf and hearing world.

Back