Apple tv

Below is a breakdown of actual real-life average speeds you can expect from wireless routers within a reasonable distance, with low interference and small number of simultaneous clients:
802.11b - 2-3 Mbps downstream, up to 5-6 Mbps with some vendor-specific extensions.
802.11g - ~20 Mbps downstream
802.11n - 40-50 Mbps typical, varying greatly depending on configuration, whether it is mixed or N-only network, the number of bonded channels, etc. Specifying a channel, and using 40MHz channels can help achieve 70-80Mbps with some newer routers. Up to 100 Mbps achievable with more expensive commercial equipment with 8x8 arrays, gigabit ports, etc.
802.11ac - 70-100 Mbps

:)

Like Chevy said.

I just explained to him.

Some reason I saw something.I guess I was tired and wrong number then. You was right.

This list is just show a real speed, much less than theoretical speed. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are same for speed, but 5 GHz has shorter range, it will getting slow when you are far away from 5 GHz router. I have strong router with external antenna that is better for streaming without need wired, also sometime, I move my Apple TV down to living room to watch the movie with my family. If you get proper configuration with router so you can achieve faster speed.

My ASUS router support 5 GHz with 40 MHz that can achieve faster speed via internal networking between Mac and Apple TV when streaming the movie.

Customers with 1 Gbps internet - better to use wired to get maximum speed.

This list is just show a real speed, much less than theoretical speed. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are same for speed, but 5 GHz has shorter range, it will getting slow when you are far away from 5 GHz router. I have strong router with external antenna that is better for streaming without need wired, also sometime, I move my Apple TV down to living room to watch the movie with my family. If you get proper configuration with router so you can achieve faster speed.

My ASUS router support 5 GHz with 40 MHz that can achieve faster speed via internal networking between Mac and Apple TV when streaming the movie.

Customers with 1 Gbps internet - better to use wired to get maximum speed.

Right.

But problem as tablet, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, etc do not come with ethernet port. Some of them prefer carry around house or not big fan of Wired. I feels that table will become more popular than laptop in the future. Like laptop killed desktop, Why? It's better for college, business travel, etc. So later, table will kill laptop in the future, Why? Most tablets get better battery life, light weight, and built-in carrier networks as VZ, ATT,Sprint, T-mobile without Mifi needs.

Re-read what he said. He want wireless AC because of streaming more stable for the Apple TV. Do you agreed with that?

For streaming only, I have mixed feeling.

Apple TV doesn't support 802.11ac and I think Chevy's Mac probably few years old so not support 802.11ac as well so it will be useless to buy 802.11ac router.

Because you hate Apple so much and you just think Roku is better even you don't tried on Apple TV before. I tried both of them before and I recommend Apple TV because of friendly CC setting.

Roku have friendly CC setting as well too...

Streaming and VP most likely will benefit from from AC wireless for several reasons.

Even it max at 400kbps or something around that speed, streaming devices or VP may not even use all the speeds but it will allow fast packet correction meaning less pixelation in the video. So faster streaming mean faster correction each time there a packet error which equal to a higher quantity picture over the wifi.

Another reason is AC is at 5Ghz which does have a shorter ranger than 2.4 Ghz but it not easily effect by interference because there are so many devices operating on the 2.4 Ghz bandwidth. So less interference mean less packet error again mean better picture quanitity with less pixelation issues.

I have 25,000 kbps down and 2,000 kbps up and my iPad VP get pixels quite often when using 2.4 Ghz but when I switch over to the 5Ghz the picture quantity is better. It still pixels some but not as bad as the 2.4 Ghz one.

That why several VRS companies still does not want to highlight using VP over wifi because it not perfect yet when they want to offer the best quantity meaning using Ethernet hard wire plug in.

Streaming and VP most likely will benefit from from AC wireless for several reasons.

Even it max at 400kbps or something around that speed, streaming devices or VP may not even use all the speeds but it will allow fast packet correction meaning less pixelation in the video. So faster streaming mean faster correction each time there a packet error which equal to a higher quantity picture over the wifi.

Another reason is AC is at 5Ghz which does have a shorter ranger than 2.4 Ghz but it not easily effect by interference because there are so many devices operating on the 2.4 Ghz bandwidth. So less interference mean less packet error again mean better picture quanitity with less pixelation issues.

I have 25,000 kbps down and 2,000 kbps up and my iPad VP get pixels quite often when using 2.4 Ghz but when I switch over to the 5Ghz the picture quantity is better. It still pixels some but not as bad as the 2.4 Ghz one.

That why several VRS companies still does not want to highlight using VP over wifi because it not perfect yet when they want to offer the best quantity meaning using Ethernet hard wire plug in.

Which app you use for VP? I noticed facetime are damn CLEAR and hard to see pixelation unlike VRS App. But 400 mbps will drop to 20 mbps when you connect to ISP.

FaceTime is very clear when I use 5 GHz but more blurry when use 2.4 GHz.

I have used Apple TV 3rd generation for a few months and I love it. I am using VPN to reach one of US-based servers so I am able to get much more contents like Netflix USA, Hulu Plus and etc. :)

I want Apple TV 2nd generation in good working condion for my bedroom. Are you planning to sell it? PM me. :)

I have used Apple TV 3rd generation for a few months and I love it. I am using VPN to reach one of US-based servers so I am able to get much more contents like Netflix USA, Hulu Plus and etc. :)

I want Apple TV 2nd generation in good working condion for my bedroom. Are you planning to sell it? PM me. :)

For XBMC? Good choose.

You pay monthly for VPN? You can look for Apple TV 2 in eBay.

Sure, they would sell Apple TV 2 for $250 or more. Why? It's jailbreak easy. There is no jailbreak for Apple TV 3 yet.

Wow. I had bought jailbroken Apple 2 about $120 from eBay last two year ago. But I had deleted XMBC program because upstream movies were fair to poor condition to be viewed. I now used XMBC app in my MacBook pro. I mostly watched my download torrent movies into Apple Tv via AirPlay mirroring. I will wait to buy new Apple TV (4th gen)

How do you like it??

I have not set it up yet. My buddy got it from the seller while I was in Toronto. He told me he tested it and it was working awesomely. He brought it to my home last evening and I paid him in full price plus finder's fee. He personally granted me that I would love it. :)

I have not set it up yet. My buddy got it from the seller while I was in Toronto. He told me he tested it and it was working awesomely. He brought it to my home last evening and I paid him in full price plus finder's fee. He personally granted me that I would love it. :)

Jailbroken Apple TV included or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back