Anyone have problems with Nexium (the purple pill)?

I have to leave reminders to myself or I made a chart with the days and AM and PM and check of the time I take the pill or give one to my dog . This help me a lot . I had to give Marty 3 pills per day when he was sick and the chart was the only way I could remember which pill I gave my dog.
I guess it's not so much "forgetting" as not planning. I have to know ahead of time when we'll be eating, or carry an extra one in case we aren't home 30 minutes ahead, or if we decide to eat out or get invited out. We live a very unstructured schedule (the joys of self-employment and diy projects).

I would ask her what to do if you skip it. Maybe you can take it after your meal as an alternative when you forget. It's definitely a medication that works much better when you have an even amount in your system. If I skip a day, I'm in big trouble.
The literature with the pill says if you miss one just get back on schedule the next day.

No, I can't take it after because it's supposed to be on an empty stomach.

I guess it's not so much "forgetting" as not planning. I have to know ahead of time when we'll be eating, or carry an extra one in case we aren't home 30 minutes ahead, or if we decide to eat out or get invited out. We live a very unstructured schedule (the joys of self-employment and diy projects).

That sound likes a good idea to carry some . My heartburn it not that bad yet. Eating late ate is what get my heartburn on fire. I try to eat earlier but it I stay up late I get hungry again. Isn't fun getting old??

You're young, easy for you to say that you don't use any type of drugs. Wait until you get older. I said that too when I was your age.

LOL Right?? =P Not that I'm really that old... but still, on medication now and wasn't when I was younger! Things just start to unravel and fall apart it seems... lmao!:laugh2:

Oils of any kind can not "rewrite" DNA! Correcting what DNA strands are assumed to be responsible for a disorder is a tall order beyond our means, we can only "switch" them off. You have to find what triggers certain conditions and restrict it, even if it means doing without what you are used to. Drugs can only go so far, your stomach doesn't know that cheesecake, for instance, will lead to indigestion of sorts. It's up to you to manage the condition or put up with the consequences.

First off, you made me laugh because I know you were thinking about my cheesecake suggestion thread when you posted this!!! ADMIT IT!!! :laugh2:

Lastly... re-write DNA? If we could re-write DNA in this day and age we wouldn't have NEAR as many problems with diseases and disorders as we do! Re-writing DNA is definitely not possible, especially with an oil... :giggle: As Jess said, we can trick them... but not re-write.

First off, you made me laugh because I know you were thinking about my cheesecake suggestion thread when you posted this!!! ADMIT IT!!! :laugh2:

Lastly... re-write DNA? If we could re-write DNA in this day and age we wouldn't have NEAR as many problems with diseases and disorders as we do! Re-writing DNA is definitely not possible, especially with an oil... :giggle: As Jess said, we can trick them... but not re-write.

Perhaps I'm remembering the wrong terminology. I'll check my sources and get more info...but speaking of sources....

Do either of you have anything to base your claims on or are just assuming that I'm wrong because it sounds impossible? :) We humans do have a tendency to do that....I try to be open-minded and check something out before I automatically discount it.

I saw that portion of Lady's posts and was intrigued about it, I did find some articles that used that same terminology.
I am a user of essential oils and at the holistic pet supply shop where I work we do sell them. We have a lot of educational info. for employees and customers.

I've read of some amazing things that the therapuetic EO's <essential oils> do. There isn't a lot known in traditional Western establishment about the kind of holistic medicine that they represent.
I think it's good to research and find out more.

You take it twice a day?

That's what I drink. My prescription says 30 minutes before main meal of the day.

I don't have those problems often but I usually have a vague feeling of nausea most of the day.

I read it on that multi-page list of information that comes with the bottle of pills.

Thanks but that's not usually my problem.

I see.

No, I take once a day - Nexium 40 mg.

Mine is 30-60 minutes before meal.

Vague feeling of nausea? I did experience sometime - confused with burping. :ugh:

The literature with the pill says if you miss one just get back on schedule the next day.

No, I can't take it after because it's supposed to be on an empty stomach.

You can, but wait 3 hours after meal.

You may have heartburn for while but will disappear eventually.

My doctor was pretty specific about how she wants me to take it. One Nexium 30 minutes before the meal, and two Zantac before bed, in that order. Sometimes I forget to take them in time, which means I have to skip them until next time.

Oh wow, I don't take Zantac anymore.

Single dose of Nexium is sufficient to prevent heartburn for me, even with spicy food but can't drink lemonade juice.

I have other idea - take Nexium bottle to your bathroom or night stand in your bedroom. Just bring glass cup or disposable bathroom cup, take 1 pill in morning with water in cup.

You wouldn't worry about forget to take medicine.

I haven't done because I'm usually remember to take medicine in every morning.

Oh wow, I don't take Zantac anymore.

Single dose of Nexium is sufficient to prevent heartburn for me, even with spicy food but can't drink lemonade juice.

I have other idea - take Nexium bottle to your bathroom or night stand in your bedroom. Just bring glass cup or disposable bathroom cup, take 1 pill in morning with water in cup.

You wouldn't worry about forget to take medicine.

I haven't done because I'm usually remember to take medicine in every morning.
I already take two other morning pills. I'll ask my doctor about that. She was pretty clear that she said it should be before the evening meal but I'll ask.

I take two pills before breakfast, two pills with breakfast, two pills at lunch, one Nexium before dinner, two pills during dinner, and two pills before bed. I'm trying to keep them spread out. (They are not all the same kind.)

Found it. :)

...As described in the previous chapter, essential oils contain: Phenylpropanoids that cleanse receptor sites, Sesquiterpenes that erase incorrect information in the cellular memory, and Monoterpenes that restore God's original information into the DNA.

In simple terms, what oils do is to stimulate the body to return to normality..."

"All of the molecules of essential oils are small enough to penetrate human skin, enter the blood stream though the alveolar cells of the lungs, and pass thorugh the blood-brain barrier as well. All of the molecules of essential oils are also tiny enough to act as chemical messengers, unlocking the receptor sites of cells and communicating with cellular intelligence at the level of the DNA."-David Stewart, Ph. D.

This info is also agreed with by D. Gary Young, the recognized world-wide expert on therapeutic-grade essential oils and owner of Young Living. Haven't found a reference for him saying it though because I heard it in person.

I stopped Nexium after had severe abdominal cramping. :(

I'm currently taking Rolaids with Zantac for now, but still get heartburn.

I think about want return to Zegerid.

I stopped Nexium after had severe abdominal cramping. :(

I'm currently taking Rolaids with Zantac for now, but still get heartburn.

I think about want return to Zegerid.

Finally, Zantac works - must take it about 30 minutes before meal.

No more PPI for me - too much side effects.

In 30 years ago, my father took Zantac and Rolaids everyday until he switched to Prilosec in 1993.

There is update.

I'm currently taking Dexilant 60 mg everyday - 1 hour before meal and finally, I can eat breakfast everyday.

There is very little side effect - probably tummy upset, but it is hard to determine if it was IBS or just medicine. It is uncommon for me to have IBS flare up, maybe once or twice per week or none at all because Align and Metamucil works very well to keep my bowel functioning.

I do have heartburn sometime, even on Dexilant and I found that Reese candy, some oily, greasy food and juices trigger heartburn, but plain chocolate, tomato and soda don't bother me. I take Gaviscon after meal as needed to treat breakthrough heartburn.

Reba, could you try Dexilant - need to be on low dose first (30 mg) to see if it is work with no annoying side effect, but better to discuss with your doctor.

In previous statements, I misstated about Barrett's esophagus due to miscommunication, I know some of my families have heartburn but none of them have more severe Barrett's, however I don't know about advanced families. My risk for Barrett's is very low.

Also, Dexilant is very effective for indigestion that I have problem since 1997 and no more queasy stomach after meal, otherwise, I have to take a lot of antacid after meal and feel ill for minutes, also my father has same issue too.

I quit taking Nexium and seem to be doing OK so far. I have some queasy feeling at times but I'm still adjusting to other meds, too. It's hard to know what are side effects and what are not.

I quit taking Nexium and seem to be doing OK so far. I have some queasy feeling at times but I'm still adjusting to other meds, too. It's hard to know what are side effects and what are not.

I quit taking Nexium last November after had extremely severe cramping - it sounds like labor pain and I cried very loudly in restroom and scream out in pain. I was think about want jump off the 4 story building to kill the intense pain. I know it wasn't IBS, so it was Nexium that caused severe side effect.

Now, I don't have those problem anymore. No more Prilosec and Nexium for me.

I quit taking Nexium last November after had extremely severe cramping - it sounds like labor pain and I cried very loudly in restroom and scream out in pain. I was think about want jump off the 4 story building to kill the intense pain. I know it wasn't IBS, so it was Nexium that caused severe side effect.

Now, I don't have those problem anymore. No more Prilosec and Nexium for me.

that bad pain

Nexium was a god-send to me many, many years ago...Now I don't have to take anything at all....and I believe it's becuz I put baking soda in my tea bags when I boil them....(it makes the tea stronger)...good for stomach acid also. Whenever I boil 2-3 tea bags, just a few pinches of baking soda in the water....makes 1 gallon of Tea....

We drink a lot of Tea at my house, and make a gallon everyday.

If anyone is interested ... I was in Walmart the other day and they had a big display that you can get Nexium over the counter now and don't need a prescription for it but didn't pay close enough attention to see if the dosages were different or not.

Back