Anybody used Shake Awake travel alarm?

Etoile

Reaction score
My wife is tired of me not hearing my alarm clock and she says I should get a bed shaker. I am thinking of getting the Shake Awake because it will be stronger than my phone vibration. My only concern is that it does not seem to allow both buzz AND vibration, you have to pick one or the other. Has anybody used it, can you confirm this? I like to have both a loud buzz AND a vibration to wake me up!

I don't know about that alarm but I've used the sonic boom alarm clock for myself and that works very well. It also lets you connect it to a lamp so you can have any combination of flashing, buzzing, and standard ringing (I believe the ringing is done in high and low frequencies as well).

I've been using a Shakeawake travel alarm on a daily basis for years now, it's never let me down or failed to wake me. The vibration is very strong for its size even when the batteries are running low. I don't think you'll be able to get it to buzz and vibrate, the controls are very basic and only let you select one or the other. I'm assuming of course the design hasn't changed for the last six years or however long i've had it now!

I am using Boom to wake up me because I am heavy sleep. But sometime it scary shit out of me.

My wife is tired of me not hearing my alarm clock and she says I should get a bed shaker. I am thinking of getting the Shake Awake because it will be stronger than my phone vibration. My only concern is that it does not seem to allow both buzz AND vibration, you have to pick one or the other. Has anybody used it, can you confirm this? I like to have both a loud buzz AND a vibration to wake me up!

yes the Sonic Boom clock does allow both BUZZ and VIBRATION at same time. There are Buzz-only, Vibration-only, and Buzz+Vibration, and OFF.

Is that the white portable sonic boom alarm clock?

Is that the white portable sonic boom alarm clock?

SA-SBT425SSlg.jpg

ive got the sonic alert thing too. like was mentioned you can set it to buzz or vibrate or both plus on the one ive got you can adjust the volume and tone of the buzz too and the clock has 2 brightness levels. the pic below is the one i have. got it for $34 on amazon with no shipping charges.
AAAAAnztiVEAAAAAAGuooA.jpg

My hubby is my shake awake alarm. :giggle:

I have an Kitchen clock that is attach to my lamp. Works wonders for hubby. but not for me. I sleep right through it. So when the light comes on. He shakes and wakes me. :D

ive got the sonic alert thing too. like was mentioned you can set it to buzz or vibrate or both plus on the one ive got you can adjust the volume and tone of the buzz too and the clock has 2 brightness levels. the pic below is the one i have. got it for $34 on amazon with no shipping charges.

I set the brightness to lowest one. I can't sleep with it shining my room like a lighthouse :laugh2:

I set the brightness to lowest one. I can't sleep with it shining my room like a lighthouse :laugh2:

i noticd that too. i keep my set on low and its still bright. i keep the face of it turned to one side most of the time!

Chevy57 gave me a portable Sonic Boom clock for my birthday last year and unfortunately, I had to retire it, and resume to my very very old alarm clock since I do not know why the portable clock won't go off, despite I set it for 6.30am, sometimes it does, sometimes it didnt, I wasn't sure how to turn it off and turn it back on so the time will remain intact for the next morning. Weird, do anyone know how to set this portable clock properly so it can wake me every morning, not like I mentioned earlier?

Chevy57 gave me a portable Sonic Boom clock for my birthday last year and unfortunately, I had to retire it, and resume to my very very old alarm clock since I do not know why the portable clock won't go off, despite I set it for 6.30am, sometimes it does, sometimes it didnt, I wasn't sure how to turn it off and turn it back on so the time will remain intact for the next morning. Weird, do anyone know how to set this portable clock properly so it can wake me every morning, not like I mentioned earlier?

return it back to me for in five year warranty to send it to factory.

I'll talk to you on VP later and you can explain it to me, it is working fine but setting up is confusing!

I was hoping for the Shake Awake because it is easily portable and has the case to protect you from pushing buttons when you sleep! The one Chevy showed, the Sonic Alert travel clock, is another one I am considering. About the same price as the Shake Awake. But I worry that it will be too easy to push buttons when I sleep, since I would probably put it under my pillow. (Our bed is memory foam and I think it would not work if I put it under the mattress.)

I think I must have both vibrate and sound...I am a heavy sleeper too and I need to be guaranteed to wake up LOL :D

AAAAAnztiVEAAAAAAGuooA.jpg

I've got a Sonic Alert alarm too, I have to put it on the floor by the bed because the light is too bright, even on low. Also you have to set the power supply right depending on whether you live in the UK or US. When I first got it, it lost hours during the first night, I contacted the company I got it from and they told me to change it to the right setting for the UK supply, the switch is in the battery compartment. Since then it has worked fine.

Back