And.....

DeafNerdMommy

Reaction score
And.......I got fired :( just needed to rant

Oh no!! That sucks big time!! I've been fired....it's hard at times....am sorry.. if you like a hug, I have one:hug:

Thanks :hug:hugs back hehe. I just don't know what I am going to do. I have bills, and babies. I am already homeless and in debt. I filled out 21 applications but I have experience in fast food and housekeeping and I am severely hard of hearing. Blah life is really testing me this year.

Oh No ! Sorry to hear this . :hug:Can you stay with some friends or family until you find work ? Have you tried to get section 8 for housing being a mom should help get you on the list faster.

((((deafNerdMommy!))))) Can you get help from VR regarding getting another job? And you're homeless? Do you have any family you could crash with? What about your babies? I wish I could help you!!!!!

Not what I want to read.... but hey my company is currently hiring deaf/hoh employers in San Francisco, PM me if you want to know more, AND willing to relocate. Cost of living here is pretty expensive, but having job might help you have a stable life.

Yikes :( I know how that goes. I hope you find something quickly. I'm still looking too- I'm single though- you need it more. Don't forget to look into unemployment benefits.

Aww sorry to hear of your troubles! I hope you find something quickly as well. Have you checked online job sites as well or kijiji. I always seem Molly maid and other cleaning service job ads on there (kijiji) and indeed.com or app is also a good source. Most times when job searching (customer service jobs) I just print off like a hundred resumes and go to almost every store in the area, just walk up and down the commercial blocks. Also hotels/motels are usually always short staffed. Kitchen help..usually don't require any experience. jobs not ideal but until you find something better

Oh, dear. I am sorry to hear that. I hope you find something quickly. :( My niece works at a motel and is expecting twins due next week. It came with health benefits. Try Motel/hotel jobs.

At the moment my parents are letting us stay with them but want me to pay $400 a month....I don't know with what money. I have applied for 41 jobs on indeed but I am young and have worked only 4 jobs on my life so we will see. I have worked in a hotel before, it is good work, but we don't have many good ones in my town. A few motel 6s where the girls get hurt a lot :(
Authentic I would take you but on that offer but I am not sure about California. My husband is from there and has lots of family there, but his dying mom lives here. I will get back to you on that.
I am going down to unemployment today. And I have been on the housing list for about 4 months now....
We will see what happens. Thank you everyone for helping me. :)

At the moment my parents are letting us stay with them but want me to pay $400 a month....I don't know with what money. I have applied for 41 jobs on indeed but I am young and have worked only 4 jobs on my life so we will see. I have worked in a hotel before, it is good work, but we don't have many good ones in my town. A few motel 6s where the girls get hurt a lot :(
Authentic I would take you but on that offer but I am not sure about California. My husband is from there and has lots of family there, but his dying mom lives here. I will get back to you on that.
I am going down to unemployment today. And I have been on the housing list for about 4 months now....
We will see what happens. Thank you everyone for helping me. :)
WTF! Your parents want you to pay them $400 per month when you're not working and have children to care for ? I think that sucks ! You can get emergency public assistance and maybe housing too b/c you're a single mother .

This is not uncommon. A way to build a sense of adult independence and make it clear the situation should be short term. If I ever had to move in with my parents I would be paying them rent too.

This is not uncommon. A way to build a sense of adult independence and make it clear the situation should be short term. If I ever had to move in with my parents I would be paying them rent too.
Yet she not working right now and the money she does have need to be used for her children. Her parents should had let pay them some money when she get back on her feet and not put on stress on her right now. She has a lot going on being a single mom with children homeless and out of work , and now she has to pay her parents money she doesn't have . That seem insensitive to me , if this was my daughter I wouldn't take any money from her .

Back