Airbus crashes in French Alps; 150 dead

Wonder why he left Lufthanasa for Germanwings.

Well obviously he researched how to.best do what he did. given how.well his plan worked...
All the reports in.the press .about the dead guy, only help the living who.bare responsibilty for this tragedy to get off.free, and clean...
150 are dead. and these guys.still have their job, still are not in chains, doctor still free...
Nice...
Ceo most likely will get a christmass.bonus....
Nice

I could not believe when the German Prosecutor called this an accident on the news recently! This was not an accident it was mass murder . The flying school knew the co pilot had depression ,he took time off from for treatment and was allowed to come back. I heard there is going to be a huge lawsuit against the airline.
Yeah, not an accident.

Lawsuit....sure...
I bet not one od them lose anything...gey locked up. Nothing
If a driver did this on the road....
snd the doc not ssy snythign.prior he woukd be in chains...its rather stark..the company here is.doing very great work protectinfitself snd its ceo and those involved...
Nice..

the docs can't say anything because it'd violate the doctor/patient confidentiality, unfortunately.

the docs can't say anything because it'd violate the doctor/patient confidentiality, unfortunately.

Not in cases like these.

"For example, if a patient threatens to kill another person, the psychiatrist is no longer bound by her duty of confidentiality towards the patient.

Similarly, if the patient plans some sort of imminent attack or calamity, the psychiatrist or psychotherapist generally has a duty to disclose the information under most states' laws.

But it's not always clear how this information should be disclosed, or to whom. For example, if a psychiatrist suspects that a patient plans to kill a particular person, should she tell that person? Or should she simply go to the police?

It's a tough call because a psychiatrist is often hearing many thoughts and ramblings. It's not always easy to distinguish which one poses a real threat and which one is simply internal dialogue.

In some cases, the improper disclosure of these facts, or the failure to report threats to law enforcement, could subject the doctor or therapist to liability.

If a patient ends up killing someone, and the psychiatrist had reason to know about this, then the psychiatrist might be held liable for negligence."

Let me find a link, and I'll come back and post it. The only thing is I don't know if the same laws apply overseas.

EDIT: The American Medical Association has numerous pages and examples. The quote I quoted above is basically the same as what the AMA says, but I found that specific quote in a blog hence why I didn't want to post that specific link. If you go to AMA's website (http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/site/cases.html and scroll down to "Confidentiality" there is a list of various monthly issues that cover this topic.

Last edited:

Thats a line Of bs. If a patient told a doctor...i am going to kill some people...that doctor better say something..think it through..
if you tell a doc you are sucidal and he believes you, he is Legally bound, in my countrY to inform the authorities. but.ethics cross borders. If this doctor tooK an oath to "do no harm" and by saying nothing 150 people are dead. He should loose his licence.
There r some things.that.are .reasonable to break a doctor patient confedentiality clause.
Go.tell your doc, you will rape someone...see what he does....
Once you tell him you will hurt someone or yourself..he is responsible...confidentiality or not...
Dont.believe me try it, tell a doc your going to hurt someone..you will be cuffs shortly....try it....

But even though he went to 2 doctors and both said he had psychological issues (depression), it sounds to me like he did not say anything to either doctor or to anyone else that he wanted to kill others or himself.

SO by your logic, every person who suffers from depression and the doctor knows about it the doctor has to go tell everyone involved in that person's life or authorities even though they did not express suicidal/homicidal ideations?

In the case of ideation/expression of those two, then yes something should be done/said.

A doctor reported one of his patients to the polices b/c she had a stroke
and was not fit to drive anymore. The woman was my client and she wanted her doctor to tell the polices she was better , she could not get out of bed on her own! I told her if she tired to drive I would report her to the cops.
Nothing happen to the doctor.

But even though he went to 2 doctors and both said he had psychological issues (depression), it sounds to me like he did not say anything to either doctor or to anyone else that he wanted to kill others or himself.

SO by your logic, every person who suffers from depression and the doctor knows about it the doctor has to go tell everyone involved in that person's life or authorities even though they did not express suicidal/homicidal ideations?

In the case of ideation/expression of those two, then yes something should be done/said.

A doctor deemed him unfit to fly...thst is enough given the occupation.
There really is no.excuse here..

the piolets have to go though security and passport control I don't see why that's not flagged

the piolets have to go though security and passport control I don't see why that's not flagged

Dogs are used to sniff out people acting suspicious in airport , so maybe it time to start having dogs do this airline crews too.

True love is disappearing? I hate to remind you that the "good old days" had plenty of murder and atrocities. Just look at Genghis Khan, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc....

True love is disappearing? I hate to remind you that the "good old days" had plenty of murder and atrocities. Just look at Genghis Khan, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc....

Yes, in the past, there have been heinous atrocities committed by men who had a black heart, but in those times, morals and values were still widely existent. However, in today's present society, true love is disappearing at an alarming rate along with morals and values decaying rapidly in this world.

Posts removed and thread re-opened... let's stay on topic please.

Thanks.

Yes, in the past, there have been heinous atrocities committed by men who had a black heart, but in those times, morals and values were still widely existent. However, in today's present society, true love is disappearing at an alarming rate along with morals and values decaying rapidly in this world.

Why are you glorifying our ancestors with morals and values are better than todays society? I think our time currently is way better with human compassion/values and morals.

There was no morals and values back then. It was brutal world out there being our ancestors.

This airline pilot was suicidal. There is no comparison how it sets down our civilization down a notch because we seem to have decaying morals and values. The act of one person gives our current civilization a bad name?

He commited a horrible act. 150 souls perished that day. Not 149. It will be interesting to see how blame is placed.

Back