After being in a 8 year relationship would u jump into another relationship quickly?

ricky_rick77

Reaction score

THIS QUESTION IS FOR MY BROTHER,

IF YOU WERE IN A 8 YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH TWO CHILDEREN AND THE RELATIONSHIP ENDED, WOULD YOU JUMP RIGHT INTO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP OR WOULD YOU STAY SINGLE FOR A WHILE? ANYBODY GOT ANY INSITE ON THIS ONE?:ty:

THIS QUESTION IS FOR MY BROTHER,

IF YOU WERE IN A 8 YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH TWO CHILDEREN AND THE RELATIONSHIP ENDED, WOULD YOU JUMP RIGHT INTO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP OR WOULD YOU STAY SINGLE FOR A WHILE? ANYBODY GOT ANY INSITE ON THIS ONE?:ty:

If it was me, I'd definitely stay single for a while to give myself some time to get together and to heal. Also, not only that, If I were to jump right into another relationship - it would also be a lot confusing for the children because the children has already became accustomed to be around the previous ex and the bond between the previous ex and the kids are something else to think about too.

I chose to stay single after my divorce because I didnt want to bring all my problems from my marriage into another relationship and I wanted to learn about myself and find who I was first.

Everyone is different...

Stay single for a while. I would not want to jump into something else all of a sudden.

Got to have time to get it together, before you can start anew.

If it was me, I would stay single for a while. But to be honest there is no standard amount of time people should wait after a break-up to start dating, when you're ready, you'll know it. :)

After being accustomed to ur SO for 8 years, then break-up...and hop into another relationship?....Whoa.....same as "Love on the Rebound"....Not smart!

I remmy this guy I dated that was in the process of getting a divorse.....(stupid me!).....should have waited until it was final....because all he talked about was his ex!

Breaking up is hard to do...and the memories linger on for awhile. It's best to give urself time, date more than 1 person, play the field for a year or two.

I've seen worse. There is one gal's boyfriend passed away then she jumped into other relationship not long after. :roll:

I've seen worse. There is one gal's boyfriend passed away then she jumped into other relationship not long after. :roll:
Another similar story -- the Famous australian celebrity of Australia Rove McNaus (or whatever) does the TV show, his wife passed away, in 2006. HE was very very upset then one of his friends who was best friends with the 'wife' (I think) and both went out together, one year after the wife's death and then recently, both got married (the best friend has been known since 2000)

Another similar story -- the Famous australian celebrity of Australia Rove McNaus (or whatever) does the TV show, his wife passed away, in 2006. HE was very very upset then one of his friends who was best friends with the 'wife' (I think) and both went out together, one year after the wife's death and then recently, both got married (the best friend has been known since 2000)

Really? Wow, that's crazy!

After being accustomed to ur SO for 8 years, then break-up...and hop into another relationship?....Whoa.....same as "Love on the Rebound"....Not smart!

Breaking up is hard to do...and the memories linger on for awhile. It's best to give urself time, date more than 1 person, play the field for a year or two.

:gpost:

I know a worse one....

My Grandfather got remarried a month AFTER my grandma died. :shock:

Anyways, as for your question... if it was me.... I would stay single for a while as I have a child.... and I would have to think about the child first before thinking about me....

But since you don't have a child.... perhaps you could stay single for a while then get back into relationship?

My Dad started dating not too long after my mom passed away... I think he started dating like 6 months after her passing... and he got engaged about 11 months after her passing and got married in August which was only a year and three months after mom's death! I wasn't too happy... but I wanted my Dad to be happy so I didn't protest against it... even though I felt a bit betrayed by it, I was only 15 when that happened.

I know a worse one....

My Grandfather got remarried a month AFTER my grandma died. :shock:

Anyways, as for your question... if it was me.... I would stay single for a while as I have a child.... and I would have to think about the child first before thinking about me....

But since you don't have a child.... perhaps you could stay single for a while then get back into relationship?

yes...there are many single moms out there who are busy focusing on their kids which are more important than a relationship comes up later. Some of them really want a relationship so bad, though. (I know you're married)

I don't have a child and have never been married. I also haven't had a gf since for more than 2 years.

Everyone needs time. That's how you know how important your recent relationship was.

Sometimes, jumping into another relationship quickly can tell you how little feelings you had for the person from your previous relationship.

I like your avatar, vampy.

As for ending a relationship with 2 children, I'd put my children first before anything else. Depending on their age, it can be confusing enough and will be painful for them to be without a parent and possibly more so when they get a different one. This kind of adaptation to the living situation is hard enough as it is and they definitely need time to process the big changes in their lives. Children and adults are different and I think it's unfair to expect the children to think the same way as an adult. That's putting a lot on them and surely I don't think they don't deserve that kind of pressure.

Regardless of what happens, its the children that deserves the most attention.

I agree with all the ADers on waiting to have another relationship after the divorce or a spouse passed away. After I divorced my ex-husband, I had a child (now a full grown adult) which I need to pay attention to his needs of growing up. I waited for many years. Then when I came to Canada on the Manitoulin Island, I met my future husband and learned how to get along with each other before getting married which is two years later. Your brother have to be patient when the right one (may not be the perfect one) comes along later. Jumping into the relationship is not the way to go so fast that your brother and his children will get confuse of the new arrangement. So have your brother go easy and enjoy life and just meet new people or old friends. Just have fun. Okay? :D

I stopped dating for 10 years before I finally met my wife, who happens to be the best thing in my life.

This coming August 10th, we will be married for 3 years and we've been together for 4 years.

Yiz

Rebound isn't a good idea...it did affect her/him really bad and can ruin his/her new relationship. So best is WAIT at least about 6 months or longer....best thing is give yourself a time to recover from your breakup and think what you really want to do with your future.

Belinda was friend of Tasma and it was her who introduced to him, and they got married, and a few years later Belinda died of cancer in 2006, and one year afterward Andrew and Tasma become an item, and they got married recently. It is nothing wrong with that!!! I am quite sure Belinda would give them her blessing from heaven and pleased to see him find a happiness after all he is still a young man.

My father got married SIX WEEKS after my Mother's death - it was awful nightmare for me to live with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back