ABC News Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Tra

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Trayvon Martin Shooting

A medical report compiled by the family physician of accused Trayvon Martin murderer George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.

Zimmerman faces a second degree murder charge for the Feb. 26 shooting that left the unarmed 17-year-old high school junior dead. Zimmerman has claimed self defense in what he described as a life and death struggle that Martin initiated by accosting him, punching him in the face, then repeatedly bashing his head into the pavement.

Also today, a trove of documents are being examined by lawyers for both the defense and prosecution as part of discovery in Zimmerman's trial -- including 67 CDs worth of documents, video of Martin on the night of the shooting, his autopsy report and videos of Zimmerman's questioning by police.

Zimmerman's three-page medical report is included in those documents that the defense could use as evidence.

Watch World News with Diane Sawyer for the latest on the Trayvon Martin shooting and the trial of George Zimmerman.

The morning after the shooting, on Feb. 27, Zimmerman sought treatment at the offices of a general physician at a family practice near Sanford, Fla. The doctor notes Zimmerman sought an appointment to get legal clearance to return to work.

The record shows that Zimmerman also suffered bruising in the upper lip and cheek and lower back pain. The two lacerations on the back of his head, one of them nearly an inch long, the other about a quarter-inch long, were first revealed in photos obtained exclusively by ABC News last month.

But the report also shows Zimmerman declined hospitalization the night of the shooting, and then declined the advice of his doctor to make a follow-up appointment with an ear nose and throat doctor.

In addition to his physical injuries, Zimmerman complained of stress and "occasional nausea when thinking about the violence." But he was not diagnosed with a concussion. The doctor noted that it was "imperative" that Zimmerman "be seen with [sic] his psychologist for evaluation."

According to the report, prior to the shooting Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.

A neighbor told ABC News that the day after the shooting he saw Zimmerman as he spoke to officers outside his home. He too recalled seeing black eyes and significant swelling -- as well as a bandage over his nose.

Moments after the shooting Zimmerman told eyewitnesses he shot Martin in self defense. He later told officers his head was being pounded into the pavement and that he feared for his life, but that it was only when Martin seemed to reach for the gun wedges in his waistband that Zimmerman drew his weapon and fired directly into Martin's chest -- killing him.

The medical notes may bolster Zimmerman's claim that he acted in self-defense because he was being attacked. However, the prosecution contends that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation after profiling the teen, who was walking home after buying skittles and ice tea. They prosecution says Martin was breaking no laws and was not disturbing anyone as he walked back to his father's girlfriend's home.

Zimmerman was granted a $150,000 bail and has since been in deep hiding since his April 20 bail hearing.

ABC News Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Well, that wasn't so hard. All one has to do is wait until you get the official medical records released to the public and see if he gotten a broken nose or lacerations to the head or not. People who jumped the bandwagon early on about the police video of GZ at the station contending that there were no signs of injuries and that he faked it or lied about it. They sure do look silly now huffing and puffing saying the video was "proof" enough.

Wirelessly posted

It does not matter. I think Travon has a right to defend himself from a cop wanna be and it cost him his
Life. Zimmerman had no business following the kid in the first place. 911 operators even told him not to follow him. Zimmerman was out of control and took the law into his own hands so regardless of the medical report Zimmerman still abused the SYGL.

Wirelessly posted

It does not matter. I think Travon has a right to defend himself from a cop wanna be and it cost him his
Life. Zimmerman had no business following the kid in the first place. 911 operators even told him not to follow him. Zimmerman was out of control and took the law into his own hands so regardless of the medical report Zimmerman still abused the SYGL.

One step at a time. We don't have all the facts at our fingertips on exactly how it went time wise. So far we know for a fact that GZ did get lacerated cuts to his head and a broken nose (not to mention other injuries) prior to the killing.

Wirelessly posted

. Some one approaches me with a gun better believe that I will try to defend myself too. Possibly breaking their nose or whatnot.

Wirelessly posted

It does not matter. I think Travon has a right to defend himself from a cop wanna be and it cost him his life. Zimmerman had no business following the kid in the first place. 911 operators even told him not to follow him. Zimmerman was out of control and took the law into his own hands so regardless of the medical report Zimmerman still abused the SYGL.

Yup, I agree with you.

However, I have to wait until all evidences present in the court.

Wirelessly posted

. Some one approaches me with a gun better believe that I will try to defend myself too. Possibly breaking their nose or whatnot.

Ok. But we still don't know the facts surrounding GZ on when the gun was first drawn or whether it was made known (e.g. flashing, for example) to Trayvon at any point during the encounter prior to killing him. The gun may have been tucked away sight unseen until both were on the ground if that actually happened. We simply don't have the info with us to ascertain that.

Wirelessly posted

Don't you think that it's possible that TM violently attacked GZ as he stopped following him when he noticed that TM disappeared and then walked back to his car?

what's buried should stay buried. if I recalled correctly, it's against AD rules to create another thread of same topic that has been locked a few times. since ya'all could not discuss this in a civilized, intellectual manner... it's best to create a thread about Zimmerman Case after trial's over.

what I'm seeing in here is completely same ole' song from locked threads.

what's buried should stay buried. it's against AD rules to create another thread of similar topic that has been locked a few times. since ya'all could not discuss this in a civilized, intellectual manner... it's best to create a thread about Zimmerman Case after trial's over.

Of course, it is. :ugh:

what's buried should stay buried. if I recalled correctly, it's against AD rules to create another thread of same topic that has been locked a few times. since ya'all could not discuss this in a civilized, intellectual manner... it's best to create a thread about Zimmerman Case after trial's over.

No, it isn't "the same ole' song." It's newly released evidence.

Wirelessly posted

Disagree. If someone approaches me with a gun, definately, I would back off, even run if necessary and if I could find a way to safely do so. Guns are deadly, and I would value my life.

Absolutely. This is what we were waiting for. New evidence. And evidence says that he got a broken nose and lacerated cuts on the back of his head instead of relying on the news media who said otherwise.

look at the first several posts. same ole' song. this evidence proves nothing. I do not dispute the fact that physical alteration did occur.

However, the prosecution contends that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation after profiling the teen, who was walking home after buying skittles and ice tea. They prosecution says Martin was breaking no laws and was not disturbing anyone as he walked back to his father's girlfriend's home.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/16/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
"What we do know is on February 26, the ER personnel did not believe his injuries were significant enough for him to go to the hospital. They didn't even put a Band-Aid on his head. That's important."
a medical report by family doctor? why family doctor and not E.R.? suspicious as usual. like I said.... same ole' song.

Also Tuesday, CNN affiliate WFTV reported that Martin's autopsy showed the teen had injuries to his knuckles when he died.
That evidence could also support the theory that Martin and Zimmerman fought.

Crump also responded to that report Tuesday night.

"He was fighting for his life," Crump told Anderson Cooper. "Let's not forget that Trayvon Martin was fighting a man with a 9-millimeter gun. We also have to remember that he didn't start this fight. George Zimmerman got out his car and pursued Trayvon Martin."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...secutor-angela-corey-source-police-department
George Zimmerman told investigators that while he was on the phone with a Sanford police dispatcher reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious, the teenager was circling his vehicle on foot, a source familiar with the investigation told the Orlando Sentinel.

The source said Zimmerman's account of events hasn't changed in his several statements to police — in which he said he was so unnerved by the teen's behavior that he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. However, he never mentioned any of that while talking to the dispatcher.

The details revealed by the source provide new insight into what Zimmerman said happened in the earliest moments of his contact with Trayvon. And they may reveal the inconsistencies alluded to by prosecutors in the case.

One of those inconsistencies: Zimmerman told police Trayvon had his hand over Zimmerman's mouth during their fight on the night he shot Trayvon.

The Sentinel's source confirmed that Zimmerman's statements include that allegation. But authorities do not believe that happened, the source told the Sentinel, because on one 911 call, someone can be heard screaming for help. If it were Zimmerman, as he claims, his cries were not muffled, the source said.

again... suspicious and same ole' song.

look at the first several posts. same ole' song. this evidence proves nothing. I do not dispute the fact that physical alteration did occur.

Sources: Medical report says Zimmerman had broken nose, other injuries after fight - CNN.com

a medical report by family doctor? why family doctor and not E.R.? suspicious as usual. like I said.... same ole' song.

George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin new details: Source says Zimmerman told police that Trayvon circled his SUV, frightened him - Orlando Sentinel

Jiro, you are not stupid and do know how to read. This is not a matter of family doctor vs. "ER personnel", it is a matter of a stupid report (and there were many) by CNN. Everyone (and that includes you, Jiro) knows "ER personnel" do not "send to hospital" because they ARE the hospital. GZ was seen by EMS personnel at the site, they are the ones you decided not to take GZ to the hospital. Had they taken GZ to a real doctor, they probably would have saved us all a lot of text.

Jiro, you are not stupid and do know how to read. This is not a matter of family doctor vs. "ER personnel", it is a matter of a stupid report (and there were many) by CNN. Everyone (and that includes you, Jiro) knows "ER personnel" do not "send to hospital" because they ARE the hospital. GZ was seen by EMS personnel at the site, they are the ones you decided not to take GZ to the hospital. Had they taken GZ to a real doctor, they probably would have saved us all a lot of text.

I have no idea what you just said. It's poorly written.

Do you think that your thread will last longer?

We had few threads about George Zimmerman cases that got locked up because we are not civil so enough to discuss and too numerous trolling.

CNN reported that prosecutor released evidence list.
Zimmerman prosecutors release evidence list - CNN.com
Any thread has the potential to become locked. It's up to the participant posters to use restraint in their posts.

It's not about you. It's about the evidence. This is new documentation of a point that was under dispute.

Why not go to a doctor with who you are familiar, already has your history, takes your insurance, costs a lot less, and doesn't make you wait with other emergency cases? Besides, many people, myself included, only go to ER's when there's no other option available.

You can choose to ignore it. That doesn't mean others might not be interested in keeping up to date with the case.

Back