Your Name?

Well, here's mine (Nancy is my real first name) -- this name, Nancy, is the most popular in the 1940s (rank #7 as the most popular) and in the 2000s (rank #269 which is the decade that this name is less popular).

for some of u know my first name is Erica... I looked at the website and it's interesting to know .. here goes

Rank in 1950's= 805
" " 1960's= 397
" " 1970's= 62
" " 1980's= 36
" " 1990's= 57
" " 2003= 164

Sherrie... started in the 1930's... was quite popular in the 1960's, ranked at 256. Not so popular today.

shezzbeav said:
Sherrie... started in the 1930's... was quite popular in the 1960's, ranked at 256. Not so popular today.

LOL Yes, Sherrie was a popular name in the 1960s....in fact, this reminded me of something. There was an early 1960s song called "Sherry" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. :)

Here's the lyrics:

Sherry, Sherry baby
Sherry, Sherry baby

Sherry baby (Sherry baby)
Sherry can you come out tonight
(Come,come, come out tonight)

(Why don't you come on) To my twist party
(Come out) Where the bright moon shines
(Come out) We'll dance the night away
I'm gonna make you mine

(Come, come, come out tonight)

You better ask your Mama (Sherry baby)
Tell her everything is alright

(Why don't you come out) With your red dress on
(Come out) Mmm you look so fine
(Comeout) Move it nice and easy
Girl, you make me lose my mind

repeat to fade Sherry, sherry baby

started in 1900's but highest in 700 between 1960's and 1970's. OLD LATIN name.... that is why.

Whoa, mine's really popular in 2003 - 'Nathan' in 27th. I was born on 1980s - 41th.

Do you notice most popular names often found in Bible?

mines Desiree and it started in 1940s and is steadily declining in 2003 but it was a popular name in 1990 innnnnnnnnntresting THANKS!

PEACEEEEEEEEEe Emily was NBR 1 in 2003 THATS MY MOM's NAME OMG! MY MOM NBR ONE YAYYYYYYYYYYY :thumb:

Interesting!!

My name : Kelli was ranked 140 in 1970s

it was not even found in 1940s.. but in 1950s it was ranked 675.....

for 2003, it is ranked at 782, declining...hehehe. no one likes the name. oh well.

My hubby is the same as mine for rankings, his name is unique.....a lot people always and always mispell his name no matter or what.

my boys' name is on way up....

javapride said:
PEACEEEEEEEEEe Emily was NBR 1 in 2003 THATS MY MOM's NAME OMG! MY MOM NBR ONE YAYYYYYYYYYYY :thumb:
thought your name was number one in Seattle for being Starbuck lady? :lol:

Wow...

My name was not even seen until 1940's...both my kid's names...well, I thaught for sure my daughter's would be more rare than my son's...but appearantly hers was more common than his thru the years starting in early 1900's...and her's got it's peak in the 1990's his did not get a peak til 2003...you learn something new every day LOL
ty

I typed in my name Daishun and this is what it came up....

Daishun is a very rare male name.
Very few men in the US are named Daishun.
Be proud of your unique name!

that what the website says :dunno:

RedWolf said:
that what the website says :dunno:

That's because you have an uncommon name. Mine says:

suzanne is the #153 most common female name.
0.145% of females in the US are named suzanne.
Around 184875 US females are named suzanne!

Wow...

Our names are very close LOL..Mine is Tonia...started in the 40's...very cool :) And Daishun, so far you are the only one of you I have ever met LOL..and i have lived in many places ;) You should be proud of your name...you should here some of the names in my family tree...we tend to use very unique names, and unique spellings of names :) Have a great day!

It's fun to put in different names and see how they compare! My middle name (Lynne) started in 1920 and stopped in 1980. It didn't even show up after 1980! Very interesting.

Back