you know you're 30 when...

Hmm... my knees are knackered too... yrs of Karate didn't help either. Tai Chi is much better.
I love Tai Chi, it's either simple exercises for pensioners and bored housewives, or the ultimate fighting art. There's a saying "You don't do Tai Chi, Tai Chi does you"

Hitting 30 didn't really bother me, I was cycling everywhere, and doing Martial-Arts, as wel as having a fairly physical job.
Now I'm 40 next year, in a totally different country, I don't cycle as much any more, the Karate has switched to Tai Chi, and I've still got a fairly physical job! Our bodies slow down and change more, seems harder to keep as fit - I'm still the same height, weighty and waist size I was when I was 30 - it's just everythings kinda shifted a bit!!!

Last edited:
kung fu did you say?
what style?

then, why not do Tai Chi, its much harder...and yet...it really helps you stay supple and 'younger' so the bones problems becomes less...

consider it as a friendly advice

nei wai chia kung fu

I also did Tai Chi with them. I know tai chi is an adaptive art, do what you can and if it's done with proper form, it is correct, so you can adapt the deep stances to your ability... but its painful to do much of anything and impossible to keep in the proper mindset.

I miss it so much.. the tai chi moreso than the kung fu to be honest.

Do you have back pain when use backpack with laptop and textbooks?

For me, yes, it is new problem for me. I never had problem with heavier backpack until recently. I don't know if aging is one of them or weight loss (lose some muscle strength and the fats are greatly shrank - my weight was 250 lbs. in 2011 but dropped to 175 lbs. now). I decided to replace the backpack with wheelie bag - not very comfortable. :ugh:
same to mee lol I do it weight lol :lol: overweight o sometimes

depend to sometimes it is many people have addict to medication. I want to goal reduce. If doesn't quit medication It stop medical. will lose weight better! I lose weight and dizzy!

I'm not sure what it's called, but starting when I was about 12 my knees started getting crummy. They found out that the groove my kneecap sits in is too shallow which leaves me open to all sorts of dislocations, meniscal tears, etc. I didn't care and did what I wanted to anyway (marching, martial arts until last year, rollerblading). We see where my fun got me lol. It's been so bad the last few weeks that I have a hard time flipping over in bed. I feel too old lol.:giggle:

it actually called loose patelias no kidding that is name of syndrome..my daughter got it and they dislocate para medics come give her gas and air and knock them back in makes me cringe see knee cap side of leg.need to tighten them up

That was funny. It was after 40 for me. My youngest graduated high school and it hit me...ohmygosh, I'm old. Then I looked in the mirror and sure enough, it was true. :lol:
Reba, you are so lucky to hold up well until your 60's.

nei wai chia kung fu

I also did Tai Chi with them. I know tai chi is an adaptive art, do what you can and if it's done with proper form, it is correct, so you can adapt the deep stances to your ability... but its painful to do much of anything and impossible to keep in the proper mindset.

I miss it so much.. the tai chi moreso than the kung fu to be honest.

that's an interesting one, I just read a brief history of it, a component in Nei Wai chia has wing chun, and that i discovered who taught Yip Man..wing chun supposed to be easy to learn, but really hard to master it,its uncanny looks simple enough but really it is a thinking man's art, which brings to the fore about the yin and yang aspect, the hard and soft, the explicit and subtle, and little circle and big circle (which brings to mind, wing chun and Tai chi - I noticed that for myself)
I'm a student of Tai Chi Chuan Yang style but right now I simply dont have time to attent classes, study right now takes over everything, i hope next year id have more time to get back into it.

I totally understand how you'd miss it, its very catchy i mean almost addictive but its becames not what 'parasite-like like addiction' its more like becomes something of inside you as a being..

Wirelessly posted

I am just realizing those signs LOL I am in my 40"s :P

reba not 60.....many women(ha always women to suffer)bunions never see man with one..women totering around high heels cos looks sexy by 30 she learn comfort is best but to late bunions sharing shoe with foot

I was fine til I turned 40, then the very next day started falling apart....oh it sucks.

I know! I completely lost my hearing when I turned 40. I will 45 in Oct. Other than losing my hearing and developing RA when I hit my 40s I feel pretty good....most of the time anyway. There are days however...*grunt* *groan* *piss and moan* :laugh2:

My 30s, however, were great! I wish I was 30 again....and could stay 30-ish.

reba not 60.....many women(ha always women to suffer)bunions never see man with one..women totering around high heels cos looks sexy by 30 she learn comfort is best but to late bunions sharing shoe with foot
I'm 62. I just applied for Social Security (retirement pension).

I never did get bunions because I never (well, rarely) wore high-heeled shoes. Even then, I wore the short, stubby high heel pumps. (Only for special occasions.)

Never understood the allure of really high heeled shoes. I tried wearing those things when I was a teenager...I actually got 2 pairs of these stiletto heeled shoes. One was a pair of red velvet heels and the other a deep blue velvet pair. Gorgeous shoes but after turning my ankles in them and having my feet feeling like they were coming apart at every single joint I said "Bugger this for anything!" and got rid of them. I'm a 'hippy chick'...always have been and always will be. I wear the Vibrams toe shoes. Next best thing to going barefooted. Pricey little buggers, but worth the money. And great for the feet.

LOL, yup I started to feel that way now due to my boyfriend's son is now in his teens, I read the link. :iolol::rofl:

I'm 62. I just applied for Social Security (retirement pension).

I never did get bunions because I never (well, rarely) wore high-heeled shoes. Even then, I wore the short, stubby high heel pumps. (Only for special occasions.)

Did you used to wear high heeled shoes frequently when you were younger?

Did you used to wear high heeled shoes frequently when you were younger?
No. Very rarely, only for special occasions. Even then, they weren't "high" heels; they were stumpy pumps. I never wore spike heels in my life.

No. Very rarely, only for special occasions. Even then, they weren't "high" heels; they were stumpy pumps. I never wore spike heels in my life.

Oh I see, if I was woman, I will likely never to wear high heeled shoe because of balance problem, however it will be different if I was hearing with normal balance.

I remember 30 and I find that I am in a similar place now. I remember thinking things like, "if I am going to do this whatever it is .... when am I
going to do it?". Well I am still thinking that same thing about some of the same things.
Inspiration can come from within and that is good but when it does not it is up to me to go after it. However and wherever I find it. Whether it be other people and/or it can be in any thing. There is far greater than puny little me out there and that is awesome.

Oh okay... You still don't look in your 30's. =P I'd say you were in your mid to late 20's. =P I'm turning 27 This month actually... -_- I keep getting closer to the crisis of 30... lol! One year closer... o.o

Back