Yates- murder found guilty in Texas

Andrea Yates will be committed to a state mental hospital, with periodic hearings before a judge to determine whether she should be released. If convicted, she would have faced life in prison.

Yates' attorneys never disputed that she drowned 6-month-old Mary, 2-year-old Luke, 3-year-old Paul, 5-year-old John and 7-year-old Noah in their Houston-area home in June 2001. But they said she suffered from severe postpartum psychosis and, in a delusional state, thought Satan was inside her and was trying to save them from hell.

This is the second trial for the 42-year-old suburban mother.

The jury had spent 11 hours Monday and Tuesday trying to determine if Yates was legally insane. Wednesday morning, they reviewed the state's definition of insanity and then asked to see a family photo and candid pictures of the five smiling youngsters. After about an hour of deliberations, they said they had reached a verdict.

In Yates' first murder trial, in 2002, the jury deliberated about four hours before finding her guilty. That conviction was overturned on appeal.

I do not think, they would release her into the public. Obviously, Andrea goes to the Mental Hospital.

JohnnyE said:
I do understand pyschosis, it is when a person can't control her thoughts and act upon them but that still does not excuse her murdering those kids. She still has to take responsiblity for herself even if she is having a pyschotic eposide.

Yes, I certainly agree with you. She should be in Mental Hospital rest of her life. I would rather not let her into the public.

FreedummyRing said:
After all of this, it just isn't worth it.... all the stress from court and prison.

If the children were still alive today, Noah would be 12 years old, John would be 10 years old, Paul would be 8 years old, Luke 7, and Mary 6.

And by the time Andrea come out of the mental facility, her kids
would have been grown....

And plus all the money spent on this trial and so many heartache, trying to help Andrea stay out of jail.

If she didn't want those kids, she should have put them in foster homes or something.

SMH

She wanted her children.

She was delusional when she killed her children. She believed she had to kill them to save from them satan. This was a woman who is ill.

Oceanbreeze said:
She wanted her children.

She was delusional when she killed her children. She believed she had to kill them to save from them satan. This was a woman who is ill.

She isn't insane, she is an evil heartless selfish bitch!!!!!!!! :mad:

Oceanbreeze said:
You sound like a totally dispassionate person. :(

you know what, she did the right thing, killing them off to save them
from satan HERSELF!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Who need a mother like that!!!!!!

FreedummyRing said:
you know what, she did the right thing, killing them off to save them
from satan HERSELF!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Who need a mother like that!!!!!!

*edit* Never mind ..There's no reasoning with you.

I've said all I need to for now, so I'm going to exit stage left ....

See LAW IS A JOKE in America! In this country when you commit a crime Dont Worry ""YOUR LAWYER WILL GET YOU OUT OF IT!"" In Any other country you would been put to death.Drown your kids in Russia and see what they do to you.Drown your kids in china and see what they do to you.Drown your kids in Cuba and see what they do to you.Drown your kids in mexico and see what they do to you.This is why i dont trust our justice system.Youre better off taking the law into your own hands like Bernard Goetz did in New York City.Cause The Police and the Courts dont do their jobs very well.Just like that Sheriff deputy did in florida caused the Judge to throw out the confession on the murder on Jessica Lundsford.The Deputy investigator didnt grant the miranda warning when the guy asked for a lawyer and the right to remain silent.Just like the virgina court sentence Moussaoui Life in prison on actions on 9-11 attacks.Thats why now our armed forces personel will disobey orders and kill bin laden when they see him.I know the commanding officers have given orders to take him alive.Just like the Air force pilot disobeyed orders when he Striked al-Zarqawi home with a 1000LB bomb.Now the US Supreme Court says prisoners in Guantanamo Bay must have a lawyer.See Law is a friggin joke.Just like John Hinkley was found Not Guilty by reason of insanity when he shot the president of the united states on march 30th 1981.So if youre going out the streets CARRY A GUN!! Cause the Police arent gonna help you when someone points a gun at you or a knife at you ask for your money.Thats why crime is way down in florida cause Jeb Bush has taken the power away from the police cause now you can carry a gun in Florida and if they try to rob you,, you have every right to shoot em .We just dont trust our leagal system anymore.

Oceanbreeze said:
They are going to commit her to an institution and treat her. If she is deemed safe, then, they may let her out. But, trust me when I tell you, she's not going to be free to walk amongst us for a very long time. She's clearly a danger to herself and others. She'll be placed on a locked ward and treated for her illness.

In the future, she may be released, but that's hypothetical.

Yes you are right... she will be committed into state hospital.. but for how long??? she may be free after few years...?????
I know a deaf lady who had stabbed her two kids and burned the home... she was committed into state hospital for few years.. then she was free... she got her son back in her custody...
SxyPorkie

I'm tired of seeing people use the "insanity" defense and get away with murder. It absolves them of taking any responsibility for their actions, and lets them do whatever they want.

Alway Carry this!
pistol.gif

Dont call this guy
cop-alerts.gif
cause he cant help you.

SxyPorkie said:
Yes you are right... she will be committed into state hospital.. but for how long??? she may be free after few years...?????
I know a deaf lady who had stabbed her two kids and burned the home... she was committed into state hospital for few years.. then she was free... she got her son back in her custody...
SxyPorkie

It's possible. However, it's been said she'll be in the mental hospital for a pretty long time.

Oceanbreeze said:
It's possible. However, it's been said she'll be in the mental hospital for a pretty long time.

this lady will be free sooner or later.. like i told you about a deaf lady who stabbed her kids.. one was in hospital in very serious condition... and other one was not serious... this lady s back was scarred from burning the home... she was in the state hospital for two yrs.. she was free... got her son back.. but her daughter refused to see her.. stays with the father... she got away with murder attempts...her son did not remember the incident.. he was deaf retarded.. thats how she won the custody of him....

SxyPorkie

neecy said:
I'm tired of seeing people use the "insanity" defense and get away with murder. It absolves them of taking any responsibility for their actions, and lets them do whatever they want.

You are right.. I agree with you.. this lady got away with murder,,, grrrrr

FreedummyRing said:
I guess we Christians screwed up Law and Justice...
:dunno:

Actually no, it is not the Christians. It is the liberal judges and liberal activists who are screwing up Law and Justice. Christians will never in a million years support the murder of babies nor let a child killer go free.

SxyPorkie said:
this lady will be free sooner or later.. like i told you about a deaf lady who stabbed her kids.. one was in hospital in very serious condition... and other one was not serious... this lady s back was scarred from burning the home... she was in the state hospital for two yrs.. she was free... got her son back.. but her daughter refused to see her.. stays with the father... she got away with murder attempts...her son did not remember the incident.. he was deaf retarded.. thats how she won the custody of him....

SxyPorkie

Each state has it's own laws. All I'm saying is that in THIS case, I feel justice was done. Many appear to disagree with me, and that's their right.

I also want to add that I also feel she shouldn't be around children. I never said she should roam free amongst us.

I just feel that we should show alittle compassion toward the mentally ill. Throwing her in jail for the rest of her life wasn't going to cure her or bring those kids back. So, why not put her into a mental facility, treat her, and maybe, she can then be a functional member of society.

FreedummyRing said:
since Oceanbreeze is so happy about this, maybe she will
let Andrea moves in with her.

That is not funny.

Mental Illness is NOT a joke and is NOT funny.

Back