Yahoo Mail or Gmail?

I hardly use Yahoo those days. I get much, much less junk E mails with Gmail as opposed to Yahoo or AOL. I don't need that much spaces. If space becomes a problem, I would prefer to have 2 Gmails than 1 Yahoo.
QUESTION: In order to use ABC's Yahoo, you need to give them a valid phone. Do you or how do you get around it? I will NOT give them a phone number.

I have had many different email accounts over the years. Currently I have GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail.

Hotmail sucks- I only have that for use with MSN (the old version)
Yahoo- eck... tons of junk mail. I hardly ever use Yahoo OR Yahoo IM anymore mainly because their interface and appearance is terrible and difficult to see/navigate.
GMail- My main GMail account I just realized yesterday or today I've had had for just about 10 years now- I got mine when they were "by invite only" LOL. Now I have several gmail accounts. Never had a problem with it- once in a while an email lands in the spam folder when it shouldn't.

I do also use whatever ISP I have when I move (bellsouth, ATT, Comcast, Qwest, TimeWarner/Roadrunner, Cox...)

QUESTION: In order to use ABC's Yahoo, you need to give them a valid phone. Do you or how do you get around it? I will NOT give them a phone number.

(didn't know you are allowed to double post here lol)

I use a fake number.. OR just the area code and 000-0000. Most times that works but some sites will still complain and tell you that's not a valid phone number. Yahoo does ask for the phone # more for security purposes to be able to send a code if you forget your password and want to change it or something. GMail has the 2 step verification process too. I don't much care as it's all text anyway and it's a good way to lessen 'take overs" of your email account.

Okay, here's the deal. Gmail has 15 GB for storage for e-mails and stuff, which itself is cool, but what does Yahoo Mail have? 1 TB of e-mail storage. Now that is a LOT.

Now my question is, which would you rather pick? Yahoo Mail or Gmail?

I used yahoo mail since 1997 and not happy with it due spam filter sucks. So few of my nerds friends invited me gmail as beta tester then I joined it and I love it already. Not just for email, you can use gmail accounts for google drive, calendar, photos, shopping, and youtubes. It's pretty quick and simple.

1TB? Umm, : An average email is about 75 KB of size.

1073741824 kb = 1TB / 75 kb = 14,316,557 messages. Who would keeps almost 14 millions of email?!? That's so silly.

They sure do, and getting better. I've had to close and open new accounts in the past. In fact, my old Gmail account lasted more than 5 years before someone got a hold of it, and now I have a password that's basically hard to guess, and I like it like that now, but I ought to change it, since it's from last year. I'll have to think of a new one soon.

How does someone get ahold of your email? They guessed your password?

And by way Mark, who is always here? (regarding your signature: I am not always here, and I will respond as quickly as possible.)

I think that goes without saying.

Okay, here's the deal. Gmail has 15 GB for storage for e-mails and stuff, which itself is cool, but what does Yahoo Mail have? 1 TB of e-mail storage. Now that is a LOT.

Now my question is, which would you rather pick? Yahoo Mail or Gmail?
Some of your posts are in bold like this one above. What for?

I hardly use Yahoo those days. I get much, much less junk E mails with Gmail as opposed to Yahoo or AOL. I don't need that much spaces. If space becomes a problem, I would prefer to have 2 Gmails than 1 Yahoo.

I have 2 Gmail already.

And by way Mark, who is always here? (regarding your signature: I am not always here, and I will respond as quickly as possible.)

No. I opened a spam mail link by accident, and they got a hold of it. Now with my current accounts, I'm more careful.

Just change side of font or zoom in at your browser. I don't want you put bolt or big size to post here.

The size is the same. However, having boldness helps people with not-so-great eyesight, like myself. I would prefer to catch a mistake in bold than to leave a bad typo in there using regular fonts. You must understand-- people who don't see well rely on bigger and bolder things to catch mistakes. :)

The size is the same. However, having boldness helps people with not-so-great eyesight, like myself. I would prefer to catch a mistake in bold than to leave a bad typo in there using regular fonts. You must understand-- people who don't see well rely on bigger and bolder things to catch mistakes. :)
I wondered. Very smart, dude! It's like having a friend talk louder doesn't make me hear any better! At some point, I may do the same thing. Thanks, Chicago.

Last edited:
I wondered. Very smart, dude! It's like having a friend talk louder doesn't make me hear any better! At some point, I may do the same thing. Thanks, Chicago.

You are very welcome. Glad to give you something to think about.

If you look at Google's new TOS, they've left enough loopholes in there to basically do whatever they want with your data and you agree to it just by signing up. I don't know what Yahoo's terms are, but if you are concerned about privacy your best bet is running your own email server/domain with a vps/ded server.

I love gmail. I never get spam, the only people/places that email me are ones that I've given my email address to. Who the hell needs 1tb of space for email? I created a folder saved email, if something's is important I send it there an delete everything else.

This is making me think I should delete my private messages here that's problem getting full.

Never had YAHOO email so I don't say "yahoo!"

Gmail works fine with me. Probably because I don't know any better. I just don't have the time to compare all the servers to see which is the best.

Right but honestly I'm just glad all the other stuff about what he's using to post with is gone ;)

Right but honestly I'm just glad all the other stuff about what he's using to post with is gone ;)

I didn't like the long signature; I wanted a short one, and this is just perfect. It's straight to the point, and yet saves me the unnecessary wording. I'm not changing it again. It's gonna stay like this.

:D You'd think so Manga.... You'd think so.... :P

Back