Yahoo Mail or Gmail?

Just change side of font or zoom in at your browser. I don't want you put bolt or big size to post here.

He could but I don't think there's any rule against how he can write his post- aside from the unspoken one of ALL CAPS (ouch). I personally don't mind him doing it as my vision is not very good either. I've used bold and slightly bigger fonts in my emails for years- almost never have had any complaints about it at all.

I may be reading you wrong and forgive me if i am but it feels like you are telling him he shouldn't post with bold font because you don't like it....:hmm:

He could but I don't think there's any rule against how he can write his post- aside from the unspoken one of ALL CAPS (ouch). I personally don't mind him doing it as my vision is not very good either. I've used bold and slightly bigger fonts in my emails for years- almost never have had any complaints about it at all.

I may be reading you wrong and forgive me if i am but it feels like you are telling him he shouldn't post with bold font because you don't like it....:hmm:

Any person who writes in all caps must've either had a bad day or needed to vent. However, writing an e-mail in all caps is a big no-no, especially for work. People must use proper grammer, and common sense politeness. I have received complaints about my writing style, but after kindly explaining why I do it, I haven't gotten any further complaints from the same people. Like here, I use bold and slightly larger letters to catch mistakes easier.

Any person who writes in all caps must've either had a bad day or needed to vent. However, writing an e-mail in all caps is a big no-no, especially for work. People must use proper grammer, and common sense politeness. I have received complaints about my writing style, but after kindly explaining why I do it, I haven't gotten any further complaints from the same people. Like here, I use bold and slightly larger letters to catch mistakes easier.
When was the last time you took an eye exam?

When was the last time you took an eye exam?

2012. IL made it tougher to get an eye exam these days, and I am hoping that at some point this year, I'll be able to get glasses, which would allow me to see easier. Until then......

Can you read me now?

To answer that fairly, I'll be honest. I am using Google Chrome's zoom feature, which makes this page bigger, and allows me to read what people say easier. Otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to. Hope that helps.

To answer that fairly, I'll be honest. I am using Google Chrome's zoom feature, which makes this page bigger, and allows me to read what people say easier. Otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to. Hope that helps.
Well, then you don't need to type them in bold. Sounds like you want ATTENTION.

Well, then you don't need to type them in bold. Sounds like you want ATTENTION.[/QUOTE

I do not want or desire attention. I'm just trying to keep my eyes from straining too much, because despite my best efforts, I'll still have really bad days with my eyes, and having this feature really helps. Now, I may not need bold all of the time, but I especially need it at nighttime, where my eyesight is the worst.

I don't think he's seeking attention at all- in fact I like that his is bold- makes it easier for me to read too lol. I do the same thing as he does I zoom in on FireFox (thankfully vbulletin which I think this forum is) doesn't cut off the posts if I zoom in).

I'd rather read his than those who write in dark blue when I have the forum skin set to dark (oh heaven.. black text on white background is.. painful some days...). But that's on me- no one else and I would not dare tell others how to write, how to edit or how to format their posts.

How does bold help you catch mistakes? What kind of mistakes?

Due to the fact that my eyesight is poor, and I sometimes make a typo without knowing it, and having bold makes it a lot easier to catch the typo quicker, because it's easier to see. Now, at some point this year, I hope to get new glasses, and I can return things back to normal. For now, my eyes not need to be strained. I am making every effort to go easy on my eyeballs.

Due to the fact that my eyesight is poor, and I sometimes make a typo without knowing it, and having bold makes it a lot easier to catch the typo quicker, because it's easier to see. Now, at some point this year, I hope to get new glasses, and I can return things back to normal. For now, my eyes not need to be strained. I am making every effort to go easy on my eyeballs.
It's actually also easier on my eyes - reading your bold letters. I need reading glasses but they're toooooo expensive since both lenses would be different and I'd have to have one lens cut differently. So, bold is better :) . Danke.

Do you think too much screen time might be straining your eyes?

Do you think too much screen time might be straining your eyes?

No, because I actually do other things than sit here. In fact, a few hours ago, I did some shopping for supplies I needed, and thermal clothing for the rest of the winter months, and I wanted to get that done before nightfall, because my eyesight at night is downright terrible. I can shop between 9 AM to 4 PM, but after that I usually stay home, unless I have a very good reason to go out at night, which doesn't happen very often, for my safety.

It's actually also easier on my eyes - reading your bold letters. I need reading glasses but they're toooooo expensive since both lenses would be different and I'd have to have one lens cut differently. So, bold is better :) . Danke.

You're welcome. You and one other member here both appreciate what I do, and I am trying to not only be thoughtful of my eyes, but for those who have a hard time reading regular fonts, like myself and some others.

You're welcome. You and one other member here both appreciate what I do, and I am trying to not only be thoughtful of my eyes, but for those who have a hard time reading regular fonts, like myself and some others.

I prefer your bold type, so thank you. :P

I prefer your bold type, so thank you. :P

You are welcome, as well. I welcome the comments on my new change. Some may not like it, some may like it. I prefer to be more thoughtful of the people who have a hard time reading regular fonts, and making it easier for them to read. Simple as that. It's not just me; there are others, too. Being thoughtful is what counts.

Mark
I like you current choice of bold with this particular font. And your short sig. is great.

Mark
I like you current choice of bold with this particular font. And your short sig. is great.

It was either this or Courier New, but being thoughtful meant leaving this particular font alone, as the boldness not only makes it bigger, it also makes it far easier to read than Courier New would have. I am not going to change that. It'll stay as is.

As for my new signature, thank you. I'd been working on fixing that, and now that I have something I like, I'll leave it alone now.

No, because I actually do other things than sit here. In fact, a few hours ago, I did some shopping for supplies I needed, and thermal clothing for the rest of the winter months, and I wanted to get that done before nightfall, because my eyesight at night is downright terrible. I can shop between 9 AM to 4 PM, but after that I usually stay home, unless I have a very good reason to go out at night, which doesn't happen very often, for my safety.
I hope you get new glasses soon. :)

Back