Wyndtell/Deafwireless Vent.

P

pinkster

I am a deafwireless user (yes I know they merged.) But I was at my mom's waiting for her to get home (she never came but thats another story.) And I have radeIM, its like AIM but a little different. I can msg people who are on AIM. I can also use yahoo and MSN but they never work so i dont use it.

But anyways, when I signed up in Aug 2003, they said the 3 places I frequent, have full service. While I was waiting for my mom to get there, I tried IMing Tinystrawberry and Megladon. But my pager wouldnt work. I walked all over the fucking complex and there was no place that had consisten service. So I got fed up and sent them an email...... (I deleted my user name cause im a ho, and i dont want you people to email me :))

-----

To: help@wynd.com
Subject: xxxxxx@2way.net

Why does this service have such a bad connection? When I signed up for
it, it told me I had full service in all 3 places I frequent, but that's not
even true!! I frequent the MN zip codes: 55416, 55410, and 55408. They are
minneapolis/its suburbs!

If this continues, I think I'll have to cancel my service and ask for a refund. Because people sign up for stuff like this for reliability, this have been NOTHING close to reliable. The radeIM software is shaky too, it crashes the pager and forces it to reset. This is a hassle and it really pisses me off. If I can't get a refund, I'm not paying what's left, not one dime.

But just so you know, I was really interested in the package, and now I
am really disappointed. Its not worth it anymore, whether you guys are going
about improving your person-to-person help, the service continues to stink.

Please advise, with a real answer, not 'oh we're working on it.'

Thanks,
Jamie

-----

I pay 4.95 a month extra for the radeIM to work, they are really pissing me off. Im so mad I cried, and I almost never cry.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you're having bad experiences with Deaf Wireless aka Wyndtell aka Go America, but who doesn't? I know how you feel because I'm going through the same thing with my Wyndtell pager. Since the move to Hackensack, NJ (which is like 10 minutes away from my old home in NJ), their services have improved somewhat I noticed. However, it is still not enough to satisfy their own customers which is a damn shame. I don't know what's going on, but I hope they start listening to their customers and actually do something about these unresolved issues.

Good luck.

Youch..
No wonder she was trying to page me at work and I was waiting FOREVER for her to reply back.. I would say Wyndtell sucks. :thumbd: I hope you get your refund back...
Here something funny about Wyndtell...
Recently, my grandma called me and told me her credit card bill went up to 350 and she check why it went up and saw the Wyndtell bill for $350 for April.. Mom and I went like haha for one month, $350? Bullshit so she called up and asked them why the bill was $350.. They said that they didn't subtract for Jan, Feb, March!!!! So Mom told that my pager is going to finish my 2 year contract on April 22nd and want to cancel it, but they said they can't cancel until May.. Which means I have to pay another month (which I am not using it at all) and they said they have a rule that need to call 30 days ahead of that contract to cancel it. :thumbd:
I also told them that I have been emailing them for months to get that damn pager to work.. They NEVER replyed back. I wrote my first email in Feb, and I kept sending the same email every day for 2-3 weeks and finally I gave up. I called them and they said they will email me ASAP, but they didn't.. They emailed me, called me in the middle of April, NOT Feb! I was soo upset and gave up and I brought myself a new sidekick.
Kiss my :booty: Wynd!!! :fu:

EDIT: I may will be getting my refund back if they get it to work ASAP!

TinyStrawberry said:
Youch..
No wonder she was trying to page me at work and I was waiting FOREVER for her to reply back.. I would say Wyndtell sucks. :thumbd: I hope you get your refund back...
Here something funny about Wyndtell...
Recently, my grandma called me and told me her credit card bill went up to 350 and she check why it went up and saw the Wyndtell bill for $350 for April.. Mom and I went like haha for one month, $350? Bullshit so she called up and asked them why the bill was $350.. They said that they didn't subtract for Jan, Feb, March!!!! So Mom told that my pager is going to finish my 2 year contract on April 22nd and want to cancel it, but they said they can't cancel until May.. Which means I have to pay another month (which I am not using it at all) and they said they have a rule that need to call 30 days ahead of that contract to cancel it. :thumbd:
I also told them that I have been emailing them for months to get that damn pager to work.. They NEVER replyed back. I wrote my first email in Feb, and I kept sending the same email every day for 2-3 weeks and finally I gave up. I called them and they said they will email me ASAP, but they didn't.. They emailed me, called me in the middle of April, NOT Feb! I was soo upset and gave up and I brought myself a new sidekick.
Kiss my :booty: Wynd!!! :fu:

EDIT: I may will be getting my refund back if they get it to work ASAP!

Yea, I agree with you...

Better call Weblink Wireless/MetroCall (they're merged) I like Weblink Wireless for 3 years! they never trick me and they friendly services just flat monthly rates, all Wyndtell user can cancel it (if your contract expires) then you can call Weblink Wireless and give your CAP ### and they would work on your old wyndell T-900 pager and they will give you new phone nbr! WebLink Wireless website is http://www.weblinkwireless.com

:fu: Wyndtell! I've heard many Wyndtell user complainting about the charges!
:thumb: on Weblink Wireless!

When I was breaking the contract with Wyndtell company. They charged me $550 for cancel the service. I was pissed off to pay that monthly then I got Agotel since one year now.

Right now, I am thinking about to get Blackberry because it is very good radio in my area because I live in subury which is part of country. Agotel is great service with reasonable price.

I am not sure what I will get sidekick or blackberry. My contract will be expire June 30, 2004.

Oh gosh, I hate wyndtell !! It is ripping off ! You can't get hold of anyone there. They left the answering machine and never call you back within three to four days. Grrrrrrrr

DBPowerWCRulez said:
Yea, I agree with you...

Better call Weblink Wireless/MetroCall (they're merged) I like Weblink Wireless for 3 years! they never trick me and they friendly services just flat monthly rates, all Wyndtell user can cancel it (if your contract expires) then you can call Weblink Wireless and give your CAP ### and they would work on your old wyndell T-900 pager and they will give you new phone nbr! WebLink Wireless website is http://www.weblinkwireless.com

:fu: Wyndtell! I've heard many Wyndtell user complainting about the charges!
:thumb: on Weblink Wireless!

Well she's got a sidekick and my contract doesnbt expire till August 2005.

Sorry for bringing the old thread up. I remembered I had a Wyndtell device years ago and I never like it. One time, my friend and I used a chat service and someone jumped in our chat and make it look like she said something wrong and she didn't. Same thing on me, she thought I said something negative. That type of behavior of the employee is out of hand. So we decided not to use the chat service. Therefore, we decided not to use Wyndtell devices and services anymore. We cancelled and got the original SK pagers before we ended up with SKII pagers which are fine by us. No more Wyndtell, no thanks. :rl: to that Wyndtell. Phhhfttt!

Im ex-wyntell user too. I never bother to call to cancel the yr contract becuz I knew they will charge me for the cost of the pager or some other reason and I was on SSI at the time so no way!! Ive stopped using their damn pager for years and now GoAmerica is trying to charge me $80 for some friggin' reason ??? I got my account cancelled with no added charges and now Im fighting to cancel that stupid $80.00 charge. Gotta get that idiot company closed down for lousy service and ripping deafies off! :fu: them!!

When I was breaking the contract with Wyndtell company. They charged me $550 for cancel the service. I was pissed off to pay that monthly then I got Agotel since one year now.

You are not only person, Other were also, they charged my friend $800 for cancell the service... I was like what the rip off... Thank God I never buy or get pager from Deaf service like wyndtell, on and on...

Sorry for bringing the old thread up. I remembered I had a Wyndtell device years ago and I never like it. One time, my friend and I used a chat service and someone jumped in our chat and make it look like she said something wrong and she didn't. Same thing on me, she thought I said something negative. That type of behavior of the employee is out of hand. So we decided not to use the chat service. Therefore, we decided not to use Wyndtell devices and services anymore. We cancelled and got the original SK pagers before we ended up with SKII pagers which are fine by us. No more Wyndtell, no thanks. to that Wyndtell. Phhhfttt!
Did you know that.....

Wyntell is BANKRUPT!!, but you can correct me if I am wrong!!

I agree..same here.. I almost brought it but until I found out here.. I never brought Wyntell!!! :cool:

You are not only person, Other were also, they charged my friend $800 for cancell the service... I was like what the rip off... Thank God I never buy or get pager from Deaf service like wyndtell, on and on...

Did you know that.....

I seen them fracas and one even went all the way to court. Even I was at court to see one of the hearings.

Thats why my sidekick came from Dan in Ohio and he's very very honest unlike most deafies who push these.

Richard

Im not quite sure about the fact that they filed bankruptcy. I know some of the story behind this. The guy who used to run Grapevine BBS in Rochester, NY decided to take over Wyndtell. That is WHEN the problem started. Because of his egoism, placed his prioroty over customers. He don't care about the customers. He even broke several of contractural agreement with vendors AND EVEN with customers as well! He decided to borrow 20 million dollars from GoAmerica. I have some understand of how business works. I have no clue HOW could he repay $20 million loan from GoAmerica? I have calculated and he would need at least 100 dollars from each customer, and there is no way customer would become willing to pay extra 70 dollars for that bad loan. The decisions of Robert that had been made during his time was the worst one. For example, slap on 5 dollars statement on customers who still have "active" contract agreement (That is true violation of contract agreement). He decided to delay alot of e mail traffic to save money, meaning that if you send e mail, don't expect it to arrive til the next day! That surely pissed off alot customers. He don't give damn about it. He even didn't abide the agreement with T-mobile while being authorized reseller, thus Tmobile revoked the authorization rights. I know it wasn't the orignal founder's fault. BUT, the founder should have NEVER try to merge with several other wireless service providers in order to reclaim old customers. That is real bad practice! Now, he got screwed up. Around the time when Wyndtell business went nose dive, I personally warned the owner of Wyndtell to respect customer and not breaking any contract, also, gave him word of wisdom... "It is three times more difficult to find new customers than retain the existing customer". He then strugs off at me and telling me I was wrong. I just sat back and watch his subscriber base from 30,000 subscribers down to only 2,000 subscribers in less than 6 months!!! That is their wake up call, but too little, too late for them. Damage's done! I know for sure... customers is NUMBER 1 priority, if not satisfy the customers, then they will find somebody else to take care of, and that was T-mobile that took care of Ex-wyndsucktell subscribers!
As right now, GoAmerica wants their money back!

Did you know that.....

Yes your correct! I just checked out and confirmed. Robert now is in Syracuse taking over his dad's vending company. I am sure he is going to make the same mistake again, I wouldn't be surprised! I wouldn't be surprised that he avoided Rochester, NY because of humilation due to his past egoism as being very rich guy!

Did you know that.....

Did you know that.....

Well, shame on that company. ;)

Wow I'm glad I never got Wyntell!
You're very lucky lass. Some of us didn't have any choice but to get Wyndtell to help us communicate with other ppl. I wish I shouldn't get that..but at least, I cancelled it and opened a nice T-Mobile's phhhffttt account and then play with my silly toy which is called "Sidekick" and then upgraded to teenager bratty SKII...I haven't get a sexy adult SK3. LOL! :giggle:

:rofl: you're too funny! I never got SK the first one. I got SK2 a year and half ago. And I don't want SK3 right now. NOt till my SK2 died on me or problem or whatever.

You're very lucky lass. Some of us didn't have any choice but to get Wyndtell to help us communicate with other ppl. I wish I shouldn't get that..but at least, I cancelled it and opened a nice T-Mobile's phhhffttt account and then play with my silly toy which is called "Sidekick" and then upgraded to teenager bratty SKII...I haven't get a sexy adult SK3. LOL! :giggle:

good thing i never got wyndtell.. whew! but felt bad for those who got it.. i hope they can sue nd get their money back..

Sue Wynd? That would just be a dream! Wynd have filed bankruptcy and is now gone! So, in other word Wynd Communications no longer exist on this planet. So, it is like trying to sue nobody!

good thing i never got wyndtell.. whew! but felt bad for those who got it.. i hope they can sue nd get their money back..

I agree..same here.. I almost brought it but until I found out here.. I never brought Wyntell!!! :cool:
I am glad that you found out about it through this.. This saved your decisions you made... ;)

Yes your correct! I just checked out and confirmed. Robert now is in Syracuse taking over his dad's vending company. I am sure he is going to make the same mistake again, I wouldn't be surprised! I wouldn't be surprised that he avoided Rochester, NY because of humilation due to his past egoism as being very rich guy!
Whew! haha.. Oh, man he is running another company after he dumped wynd business and filed it for bankrupty.. You should not worry about him and runnining his business.. if he fucked up with this business, it is his problem...

One thing, I suspected that He sold wynd to Go America and i711, am I right? Becuase I using SK!CK3, that what I noticed i711 using own instant message service as previous wynd...

Well, shame on that company. ;)
Yeah, that is totally SHAME on wynd company!!! people shouldn't have worry about that company since wynd filed bankrupt and gone for GOOD!

Back