:WTF: @ Gallaudet

AquaMaiden

Reaction score
Hey I have a problem with Gallaudet. It's quite long story but to make it short, I had to take a medical withdrawal and was told my cost will be wavied. My VR got his tutition fee refunded but I'm left with the room/board charges. I was charged for the whole semester cost while I only stayed for three weeks. They are demanding me to pay the cost of $1,713.37. I'm like ARGHS now my VR told me that I can't go to RIT until I pay Gallaudet the whole cost. Even my VR is starting to question my future by asking if I should really be in college?? I'm like :wtf: VR are supposed to encourage and give motivations, not making their clients feel rebuttaled or get involved with their personal lives. My VR even told me he would prefer me to see a couneslor first before going to RIT and show him proof of sessions. Jeez!
Get this, my housing deposit was supposed to be refunded and mailed back to me but after 3 months of waiting, I asked about it and it turned out they never told me that they used my $150.00 to use for the bills without letting me know or even asking for my permission. ARGHS!
What should I do? I'm trying to find the student loans so I can pay off Gallaudet so I can return back to RIT in springtime.

What should I do?????? ARGHS!!!

*For those who plans to withdraw from Gallaudet, I warn you, make sure you have your copy of proof of withdrawal papers and make sure you understand what you will be facing in the near future - They never gave me my withdrawal papers back after signing them and being told it will be mailed to me and also make sure you won't be charged for anything before you leave Gallaudet, wouldn't want to see you in my place*

Last edited:
:eek: That really sucks! That's the problem with people these days. They try to squeeze the money out of us in every way possible... even if it means playing dumb about your paperwork. Ugh! :fu2:

Prez I. King Jordan is OVERPAID. Galluadet has to work a sneaky system where their students lose the money so the university can be able to afford to pay the Prez.

Its not just gally, its happening in other universities all over the United States.... I know for one, my sister (shes hearing) withdrew from University of South Florida (TB) and she thought she withdrew from all of her classes...dropped them all in the summer, so she could go to Southern Illinois instead.. the counselor that she had told her that everything has been taken care of..*bang* here is a bill for one class... the counselor told her everything has beent taken care of... my sister had to find the phone history and prove it to the University....and I think the bill was waived.

Universities like :deal: because money is made that way

Deaf258 said:
Prez I. King Jordan is OVERPAID. Galluadet has to work a sneaky system where their students lose the money so the university can be able to afford to pay the Prez.

One could say the same about overpaid movie tickets - all to afford paying dem actors and actresses in millions. :rofl:

I PM'd shibby some information regarding gally I hope she will find helpful.

Cricket, ever seen the movie Brazil? Now that is quite the horror with everything.. absolutely everything needing paperwork... what a nightmare!

Personally, I think the quality of any communication system depends on how good people are at their jobs. That's why it's very important to keep everything as a proof of what has transpired. That is the student's personal responsibility as well, I'm afraid to say realistically. :(

Losing your cool in a professional environment like VR or the college might get some people doubting your ability to handle things in a mature way or the ability to comphrend problems/challenges on an intelligent level. That's probably why the question of therapy came up from the VR. Otherwise, just ask VR why they feel you need therapy and take it from there. There could be just miscommunication here.

good... another bad news about Gally. I hope for the less and less students for Gally. :lol:

That's odd that you didn't get a refund on your room and board. I know if you withdraw early due to medical reasons, they'll usually give you money back..however if you get kicked out (due to disclipinary reasons or whatnot) they won't give you a refund.

illustrator said:
good... another bad news about Gally. I hope for the less and less students for Gally. :lol:

There are still some good folks at gally, and people do tend to focus on the negative things more than positive things. :)

Deaf258 said:

Look at what you did to my fraternity brother! :fu2: You made this false charge without a proven merit. You are :asshole:!

Some smaller college presidents make much more money than he does then why you do not complain about those college presidents! You are a pure hypocrite!

He deserves to be paid for his efforts and merits. He greatly emphasized on merit and education more than the past Gally Presidents did.

illustrator said:

What an idiotic remark! In your dream... You got no pride as Deaf.

AquaMaiden said:
Hey I have a problem with Gallaudet. It's quite long story but to make it short, I had to take a medical withdrawal and was told my cost will be wavied. My VR got his tutition fee refunded but I'm left with the room/board charges. I was charged for the whole semester cost while I only stayed for three weeks. They are demanding me to pay the cost of $1,713.37. I'm like ARGHS now my VR told me that I can't go to RIT until I pay Gallaudet the whole cost. Even my VR is starting to question my future by asking if I should really be in college?? I'm like :wtf: VR are supposed to encourage and give motivations, not making their clients feel rebuttaled or get involved with their personal lives. My VR even told me he would prefer me to see a couneslor first before going to RIT and show him proof of sessions. Jeez!
Get this, my housing deposit was supposed to be refunded and mailed back to me but after 3 months of waiting, I asked about it and it turned out they never told me that they used my $150.00 to use for the bills without letting me know or even asking for my permission. ARGHS!
What should I do? I'm trying to find the student loans so I can pay off Gallaudet so I can return back to RIT in springtime.

What should I do?????? ARGHS!!!

*For those who plans to withdraw from Gallaudet, I warn you, make sure you have your copy of proof of withdrawal papers and make sure you understand what you will be facing in the near future - They never gave me my withdrawal papers back after signing them and being told it will be mailed to me and also make sure you won't be charged for anything before you leave Gallaudet, wouldn't want to see you in my place*

I am sorry that you had to go through this difficult time and I hope everything will be solved someday. I have to agree that the room and board fees would be fully or partially fully refunded to your VR department since you had to withdraw from Gally due to medical reasons. It would be helpful if you provided the Students Life Office or Accounts Office a copy of medical certificate to support your reasons on why you withdrew from Gally.

That was what my friend did. He had to withdraw from Gally due to health reasons although he wanted to stay there. He provided a copy of medical certificate with a signature of his doctor to the Students Life Office and Accounts Office, as a result, the room and board fees was fully refunded to his VR with no problem.

In a way or another, everything be will solved timely, I hope.

liza, no i havent see it but have seen the Brazil video or was it dvd? in the video stores... have passed it over but this time i'm going to rent it and check it out.. thanks!

KC, take a chill pill. I was being sarcastic about how expensive it is to get in Gallaudet U. Prez Jordan makes about $500,000 a year. The second highest paid president of another college or university, at least in USA, makes about $200,000 per year.

You think I am making a false charge?? Think again. I am close friends with one Gallaudet student who was in the top 5%. He worked closely with Prez Jordan. That student withdrew from Gallaudet because he found out the university's teachers and staff made the courses too "easy" so they can graduate more Deaf students and look good in the public eye for the high graduating percentage. The bad thing about Gallaudet is that you don't get enough education as a student attending there. Only thing good about Gallaudet is their Master's program.

So, why are you attacking me?? I dare you to find another college or university president within USA who makes more than $500.000 per year!

KingCobra said:
What an idiotic remark! In your dream... You got no pride as Deaf.

*release mongoose to attack cobra*

mongoose.jpg

KingCobra said:
You are :asshole:!

You're right, I have an asshole!! :booty: This is a fact, everyone have an asshole.

But, again, I am not attacking the students, past and present, at Gallaudet. I am attacking the way things are run and handled there.

Deaf258 said:
You're right, I have an asshole!! :booty: This is a fact, everyone have an asshole.

But, again, I am not attacking the students, past and present, at Gallaudet. I am attacking the way things are run and handled there.

*GRINS*

I hope you do not take it too personally. :)

why don't we go there on a fact-finding mission along with Freaky? :D

Back