Would you give felons a second chance?

Would you give a convicted criminal a second chance?

• I don't know.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other - My reason is different.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I don't trust anyone who has been a criminal.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes - I will give them another chance.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, these are some kinds of information that one can dig if looking at right places can find for free. Complete background information from one site for free is impossible at best. But what I am saying is if you search for information at few different sites and you can piece the puzzles together to get better information.

Yeah, it sucks to have somebody that you know and was awesome person ended up in jail. Even worse relatives as well.

Yes it did and it took me to "inmate lookup" which is exactly what I said it was. It simply isn't a background check or "convictions". It sounds like you and I are on the same page now. That's all I was saying.

It's similar to Naisho being able to obtain the Gallaudet drug bust information. It's definitely public record but it isn't a list of convictions or a criminal background per se.

Sorry about your friend. I understand though because I also have friends (and family). Chances are we all know somebody who's gotten locked up for an extended period.

Interesting....

In 1978, 18 years old convicted serial rapist, killed these 3 or 4 women. Since his father was back up police officer so he gave him weekend of his last freedom so he can tie up his affairs. He disappeared afterwards for almost 35 years. He had not re-commited crime. Lead to quiet life, did help neighbor with snow shoveling, changed his first name only, kept last name. Worked for company, married and had two children.

He was caught last Wednesday.

Now the issue was, should we give him second chance or throw him in jail?

Just think about this, Jail was designed to rehabilitate the convicts so that he can be law abide d citizen. So did he already rehabilitated?

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Mass-rapist-caught-in-Maine-after-35-years-.html?pagenum=full

I saw a possible felon at a birthday party today. I was so disgusted that this man was there even though he is innocent until proven guilty. I guess that means I wouldn't give them a 2nd chance.

By saying that, it is kinda like telling potential felonies that it is ok to commit them.

Yea yea about mental illness..

I don't know where to draw the line, honestly. I have 3 brothers who are on their way to becoming felonies. One of them just got out of jail and wants to visit me by staying at my house for a week. I said, "No f**** way...u need to fix yourself first." I wont let him in my house and expose my son to his destructive behaviors that landed him in jail a few times. I can see that he hasn't learned his lesson by saying he wants to travel 3,000 miles to stay with us within a week out of jail. He seems not interested in focusing on taking the right path so as long as that is the case, he is NOT allowed in my house.

Nope, they don't deserve a 2nd chance until they have proven that they are contributing citizens for at least 15 years in my book.

i got brother like that..i hide when i see him knocking on my door

Back