worried woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't need to be a parent to understand. i understand plenty from my experiences as a child and teenager growing up. :D

by the way, i never claimed to know all the answers.

however, i do think it says alot when children are raised to have good morals, ethics and a knowledge of the difference between right and wrong WITHOUT being bribed monetarily.

that will carry them further in life than money/bribery ever will. :)

My children know right and wrong and guess what? they have turn out fine

I'm really surprised that you saw everything. That's usually not the case. Normally, they either use a general anesthetic or even if she remains awake, they give enough medication that the woman doesn't remember what happens afterward. This is standard procedure. I'm very surprised this wasn't done since you were so young.

Very surprised.

Yeah, but funny thing was when the 2 nurses came in with a syringe on a tray, one of the nurses told me that it will knock me out. :lol: I told her that it will NOT knock me out. Told her that I will stay WIDE AWAKE. After she injected me with sedative meds, I could feel my body gettin' " drunk ", but my head stayed alert as crystal. Both of the nurses were stunned and said nothin'. They told me that a doctor will be with me shortly and then they left the room. In about 15 or 20 mins later, doctor came in and introduced to me himself. When the perform started, I could feel pinchings inside. Very uncomfortable experience. It took doctor to finish the job in about 10 minutes. When it was done, he left.

The nurse helped me to get up from the bed and told me to sit for a few minutes, so I did. When the few minutes passed, she helped me to get off the bed and walked across the other room to get dressed. I walked through the door and I hit my head on the door because, I was soo drunk and I don't feel anythin'. Durin' sedative, my walkin' was not straight, lost balance a few times.

After I get dressed, I walked down the hallway and my stomached started to get queasy - about to be ready to throw up, so I hurried and find the exit door to get out. There was a heavy rain and wind. Ahhh - I inhaled the cold air in and it helped to press down my queasy.

And, yes I remembered everythin'. When arrived home, everythin' changed.

Maria, I remember my abortion experience too, I was wide awake also I don't think they had anything strong back then like they do today. :)

:lol: Trust me, Parents will fall into the trap of "bribery" which meaning in the future your child would want better prizes and more money. ;)

Then that is when the rules change according to your child's age.

i don't have to have children to understand. i don't have children myself, but i used to help my mother raise foster kids, so i understand what it means to discipline a child and not reward them with money for good or bad behavior.

Assisting a parent and being a parent are two different things.

exactly! next thing you know, they want a fancy sports car when they turn 16 simply because they helped do a few chores around the house. i'm telling you, that would NEVER happen in my home. never.

Then your kids may end up resisting you. If my child wanted a car--she would understand that she would have to maintain a certain GPA, get a job to assist in paying her insurance, and would have to get an used car.

If a child wants a car--that is the opportune time to teach them the responsibility that comes with it.

as i've mentioned in previous posts, i used to help my mother take care of foster children while growing up, so i think i have some authority to talk about what it means to be a good parent. i also used to babysit my younger nieces and nephews since i was 9 years old.

"get knocked up?" oh, now *there's* good advice. why does it not surprise me that it's coming from YOU? :roll:

i'll assume anything i want, thank you very much. i don't need to ask YOUR permission.

Again--assisting a parent and being a parent 24/7, 365 days a year, are two different things. Do one used to baby-sit--big whoppie do--the difference is that you are watching the kids for a couple of hours and not the above mentioned. :roll:

Secondly--I can be sarcastic if I want to and surely don't need YOUR permission.

no, i don't.

i fed, bathed, walked, rocked and nursed back to health foster children who were anywhere from 1 to 12 years of age, so i think i have the qualifications to talk about what discipline means.

disciplining children is the same no matter whether one babysits for them or has children of their own.

Disciplining one's child and those that one is babysit are not the same. Each household have different ways of disciplining their children and to make a blanket statement that you made just shows that you are making an assumption that one rule fits all when it doesn't.

i don't need to be a parent to understand. i understand plenty from my experiences as a child and teenager growing up. :D

by the way, i never claimed to know all the answers.

however, i do think it says alot when children are raised to have good morals, ethics and a knowledge of the difference between right and wrong WITHOUT being bribed monetarily.

that will carry them further in life than money/bribery ever will. :)

You sure are dishing it out like you do..... :roll:

Maria, I remember my abortion experience too, I was wide awake also I don't think they had anything strong back then like they do today. :)

Probably, you'd be right. :)

Why? Does she want to report the doctor, too?

Quit to make false statement... It make yourself dishonest person. Look at your own post... "It's not a real doctor, nor is it a real story, so there is no one to report."

This story is not belong me as what you said that you don´t beleive that it´s real story or real doctor then tell this to thread creator because it´s her who spread the story, she pasted from other site, not me. Why can´t you quote each ADer who response thread creator´s question who have the same view as me, quote thread creator or make your own post instead of just pick on me?

Please quit to make troll to pick on me to twist into false statement yourself. If you want to debate with me or whatever then act normal please... If you feel the story is misleading then tell her yourself, not me.

Have a nice day.

Assisting a parent and being a parent are two different things.

no they're not. as i said, taking care of children vs. having your own are the SAME thing and involve the SAME kind of discipline.

Then your kids may end up resisting you. If my child wanted a car--she would understand that she would have to maintain a certain GPA, get a job to assist in paying her insurance, and would have to get an used car.

If a child wants a car--that is the opportune time to teach them the responsibility that comes with it.

that's still a bribe. good grades and getting a job shouldn't be rewarded by giving your child materialistic things.

Again--assisting a parent and being a parent 24/7, 365 days a year, are two different things. Do one used to baby-sit--big whoppie do--the difference is that you are watching the kids for a couple of hours and not the above mentioned. :roll:

no, i wasn't watching my mother's foster children for only a few hours. i watched them continuously from day to day, so it WAS like having my own children.

Secondly--I can be sarcastic if I want to and surely don't need YOUR permission.

no one ever said you couldn't. did i? i think not.

Disciplining one's child and those that one is babysit are not the same. Each household have different ways of disciplining their children and to make a blanket statement that you made just shows that you are making an assumption that one rule fits all when it doesn't.

yes they *are* the same thing. disciplining children involves the same behavioral strategies when babysitting vs. taking care of one's own children. discipline is discipline, so it doesn't matter whether children are your own or someone else's.

You sure are dishing it out like you do..... :roll:

yep! it's called expressing an opinion. :D

Quit to make false statement... It make yourself dishonest person. Look at your own post... "It's not a real doctor, nor is it a real story, so there is no one to report."
So what is the big deal? I just explained that the story wasn't real, so there is no one to report to authorities.

This story is not belong me as what you said that you don´t beleive that it´s real story or real doctor then tell this to thread creator because it´s her who spread the story, she pasted from other site, not me. Why can´t you quote each ADer who response thread creator´s question who have the same view as me, quote thread creator or make your own post instead of just pick on me?
What are you so upset about? I just said that it was an event that didn't happen, so there is no doctor to "report."

Please quit to make troll to pick on me to twist into false statement yourself. If you want to debate with me or whatever then act normal please... If you feel the story is misleading then tell her yourself, not me.

Have a nice day.
I didn't want to debate you. I just explained the reason that no one "reported" the doctor--it's because the event didn't happen.

I didn't say that the story was misleading. Even fictional stories can make good points and give us something to think about.

Mod's Note:

It's time to cool things down for a while.

So with that, the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back