Worried and upset

Or Go to Legal service and They may have some help you in your major reason talk to lawyer. If you are deaf then I would go seeking for help and talk to Case

Silenthand, both excellent thoughts and being done by other family members closer to home. I live in NC and they live in MN. :ty:

my heart goes out to you and your family!!!! sometimesm all you need is an"ear" and shoulder--lean all you want!

Have you tried pointing out her problems?

What other problems has she shown?

I remember my great-grandmother going through Alzheimer's. She no longer recognized my mom... who was her favorite granddaughter. If my mom sat next to her or close to her, she would say things like... "Well, hello. You're such a sweet woman. What's your name?" It would make my mom cry cuz she realizes that she's losing her grandmother.

Matilda, My Dad is the problem now I think..he worships the ground she walks on and won't hear of a lot of things that would help her because she won't hear of them. It is a constant struggle for all family members. He is a year younger, very active in the community and on the internet and does everything for her, and himself. He is only now coming round to the thought of help of any kind. It is just going to be a struggle, and I hope it can be resolved. Being the youngest doesn't help sometimes but I do have a very bossy older sister that is doing her best to get them both to listen to reason. Just so frustrating...

etalton,

My dad is 85 and my mom is 83; they live in assisted living in Anoka, Minnesota. Now, there are assisted living places that can split the couple up during the day and be together at night. One in Cambridge, Minnesota and several others that my family has looked at. At your parents ages, you dad needs to be sat down and given a dose of reality because, obviously, if he won't listen, I have to question his state of mind, as well. If their other kids are "too busy," they need to do something for your parents before someone turns them in and reports this elderly couple as being incompetent.

My grandpa went through Alzheimer's. I'm not sure how I can help but thoughts and prayers to you and your parents!

:ty::ty::ty: I am overwhelmed by the caring and support you all have shown. This forum has become my rock to help me get through and I surely appreciate it all. It is not that the rest of the family isn't involved, it's just hard when everyone is far away. They live in Minn., and with the exception of a sister 3 hours away (a widow with three kids and numerous grandkids that need her too) there is no one close. One sister lives in Co., another in Ill and a brother in Ia. My brother has leukemia (in remission) and a wife in bad health. We all try to do what we can, but it is hard when you live long distance. I am hoping that my Dad is coming around and is willing, finally, to ask for help. But, if worse comes to worse, two of my sisters have power of attorney if need be. I just have to have faith that all will work out. (Doesn't make me worry less, but does help)

deafbajagal...I have to thank you again. I sent that site to my brother in law and he had never seen it before. (on a personal note, he knows a lot about everything, so I felt great sending him a site he did not know about) Was that bad of me?:giggle:
Anyway, he and my other brother in law ( a lawyer) will look it over and it will help them a great deal in advising my Dad. :ty:

I am sorry that your mother has Alzheimer's disease. Much prayer for you and your family dealing with her mental health. My mother had Alzheimer's disease and she had already passed away plus that she had cancer again. My father had senile but not as serious as my mom. He also passed away too. Three years apart from each other. Anyway, I think you can still try the caregiver group to just talk about how difficult it is to take care of your mom in her condition with the group members. Here in Canada, we did have a caregivers group that can talk about their parents, their spouses and any love ones. The disease can make the caregivers burn out and sometimes the caregivers just want to yell at the love ones when the love ones are too much to the caregivers. It is a lot of burden and a lot of responsibility to take care of love one, so is making the decision what to do with her/him. That is why there should be a program for caregiver to have a break when coming to the meeting to talk about those things that you are having difficult with her/him. Living with Alzheimer's disease is very frightening and can really rob of their memory very badly that the person is very scare not knowing where they are and not knowing who they are and also not knowing family members and everything else. Sometimes in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease while they might forget who you are and other things, they might remember about their past or something that they never forgot, but it can be on and off thing with the memory relapses. My younger sister took care of my mother until she could not take care of her anymore when she was going into the late stages of her Alzheimer's disease. It got worse and worse so my sister had not choice but to put her in the nursing home for 24 hours protection from herself and to be able to take care of her without my sister worrying about her. Both my sister and I worried about her sometimes and she report to me about my mother's condition. I am glad she had passed as she need her peace with God's help. :(

Bebonang, Thanks for your story. It is indeed good to know I am not alone. I think it is harder when there is still a primary caregiver that wants all that they can get from the relationship. When it is just one parent involved, the children, doctors, etc know when it is time to step in and say it is time for the nursing home, round the clock help. But when that spouse puts their foot down, not much can be done. At least he is starting to make use of the help that is out there...

Back