World population projected to reach 7 billion in 2011

ok, grummer. More affluent and educated women have effective birth control. My grandmother had 7 kids and lived on a farm. I have 2 kids and live in the city. A big difference! I'm not doing my part to populate the US. My bad! :giggle: We also have immunizations so that childhood death is greatly reduced. Back in the olden days more babies and toddlers died. It's still like that in developing nations.

lol, sallylou i was stirring up indeed i deliberated sent in this comment. For sure, yes there is a lot more than just politics, medicines has done alot, as well as safety regulations in workplaces as also reduced fatality, and the break away from traditional expectations to live, but sadly the eastern people havent caught up, which also reflected a very rigid comformity to genderisation of eastern society (think chinese, japanese and indians) so no wonder they are continuing to breed at a rapid rate (ever noticed how asian girls are Very conservative in their dress even with bright colours (and expensive) clothes? it really reflects this.

of course it still like that in developing countries they were always poor and it didnt make any difference to how many babies they make they always got hand-outs. (sorry this might cause a riot here but this is not my intention, just an attempt to throw light as why we are backing off babies due to [home] economics!

ok 7 billions is an awful lot to feed -scary!.is all i can say.

War, diseases, natural disasters, famine and pestilence will help trim the population down to manageable levels someday. :(

I can't imagine physically having lots of babies! I'm grateful for birth control.

The unmarried moms beg the question: where are the men who impregnated them?

More real sex education, please! My teenager took health and there was NO information provided. Not even trying to scare the kids with STD. I thought that was a tradition. :P

What you wrote makes sense. But the current state of the economy and high cost of living is not going to stop people from third world and developing countries from immigrating to the US and other parts of the world.

From where I live, there are MANY MANY "mexicans" around the blocks everywhere (but not in my town). It is not unheard of like 10 people cooping up together in a 2-bedroom apartment.

Yea, Jiro, and you know the sad part is that's still a better life than they would have in Mexico or Central America. I don't begrudge them that. I only wish that they would slow down on the babies. It's getting really crowded where I live.

From where I live, there are MANY MANY "mexicans" around the blocks everywhere (but not in my town). It is not unheard of like 10 people cooping up together in a 2-bedroom apartment.

Same with anywhere in US so it's common.

About the costs, my hubby and I decided that we arent going to have any more kids. Too expensive so we wont no longer contribute to the population growth.

i wondered where our offsprings would live .
clear.gif

The internet will advance to a degree where we can live in a virtual reality world!

we NEED to educate India about breeding with responsibilty and teach them the matters FAST !!, they are underresourced and people in power in India doesnt give much shit, they got greedy right now riding on the global economy's boom, er i wouldnt say 'boom', but more like its one of those places that continue to strive due to a 'hidden nature' of being a place for outsourcing.
< not sure if tis phrase makes sense but how would you describe 'hidden nature' for lack of better words...

Grummer. :P I think you should censor yourself here.

Derogatory names are not cool. Nor is suggesting war for population reduction.

Did I miss something? I don't see that gummer is being derogatory or advocating war. Kokonut mentioned it in a sad way.

Experience shows that women in developing nations want access to reproductive education and birth control. Women want healthier children. It's the fundamentalist religions of all kinds that prevent that access. You can thank fundamentalists in the US for cutting aid for family planning in developing countries. Whenever support is given to women, the standard of living of their children improves, and the country improves. It's not just a women's issue. It's a quality of life issue.

i didnt say attack India, i said Educatte them!, using birth controls, and start modernisinng their backwards views on religion the way they handle the infrastructure, its shocking police system is corrupted and old fashioned -probably hasnt changed for the last 50 years or so. It has been on documentaries.
if they dont learn to curb family sizes, and stop 12 years virgins being forced to marry, then heaven help us, they are (at the moment) projected to overtake the population of China within 15-20 years. That arent funny China already constitute as one quarter of the worlds population, cant you see that? we're facing serious shit here!

Did I miss something? I don't see that gummer is being derogatory or advocating war. Kokonut mentioned it in a sad way. .

He removed it. I just know that he was capable of more rational thought, so I called him out on the spontaneous comment he made since I know that he honestly don't believe in what he wrote before he replaced it with something more akin to his belief system.

And my stance on the global population boom?

If we are going to send foreign aids, don't do the same thing Canada did: sending millions of dollars worth of condoms to Ethiopia without proper instructions.

Prime Minister, we have a call waiting for you-- the people of Africa would like thank you for sending them water carriers, but they are wondering why the water tastes so funky. What a blunder...

Last edited:
That country should be responsible for their own healthcare including birth control. are we the leader of their country or not? That's the job for volunteers and charities.

but anyway, most of the women in India do not like taking birth control. They are afraid it will prevent them from ever having children. Or something like that. At least the people who live in the slum do. look up why they won't take it.

Back