Worker Reprimanded For Flatulence

rockin'robin

Reaction score
An employee at the Social Security Administration's Baltimore office has been formally reprimanded for "conduct unbecoming of a federal employee," specifically for disrupting co-workers "by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."

According to the letter, issued in December and obtained by the Smoking Gun website, the employee, who has been identified as a 38 year old male but was not identified by name, had been informed by his supervisor during a "performance discussion" in May 2012 that his co-workers had complained about the gas issue in the past. The individual was referred to an "Employee Assistance Program" to look into whether the frequent and unpleasant incidents could be symptomatic of a medical issue.

It seems the problem continued for some time after that though. The letter, which has been redacted so as not to include names, runs five pages long and details numerous similar exchanges.

"On July 17, 2012, I spoke with you in regards to your releasing of bodily gas in the module during work hours," the letter reads. "I asked if you could make it to the rest room before releasing the awful and unpleasant odor…You said that you would try not to pass gas and that you would turn your fan on when it happens."

The letter lists 60 specific incidences of gas passing from this employee over the roughly seven month period between mid-May when the issue was brought up, and early December when the reprimand was issued.

A reprimand is essentially formal slap on the wrist and doesn't carry any tangible long-term punishment. However, the federal worker is being represented by a lawyer from the American Federation of Government Employees in conjunction with the letter.

The AFGE did not respond to email inquiries from ABC News about the case.

Worker Reprimanded For Flatulence - Yahoo! News

This is why I don't think I am office material. Imagine the kinds of things you are forced to tolerate in pursuit of a salary. Keep me out on the shop floor!

This is why I don't think I am office material. Imagine the kinds of things you are forced to tolerate in pursuit of a salary. Keep me out on the shop floor!

Agree...heavy perfume...people not taking a bath for several days...ewww....coughing with bad colds....so many things I've had to tolerate for years when I was working...

But this person with the flatulence sort of takes the cake!....Very nasty!...I would have reported that person also....and insulted him/her everyday!

Agree...heavy perfume...people not taking a bath for several days...ewww....coughing with bad colds....so many things I've had to tolerate for years when I was working...

But this person with the flatulence sort of takes the cake!....Very nasty!...I would have reported that person also....and insulted him/her everyday!
I wouldn't have insulted them. I would have ate broccoli. Everyday.

:giggle:...and Chili & Lima Beans....even put a Whoopie Cushion in my Chair....maybe take all my underwear with holes from shooting those farts and ask him/her if they wanna smell 'em....Beano, anyone?

some years ago i read in national paper about man with similar problem poor chap was named.
difficult situation,maybe his employers would pay for him get treatment and have tests..this man should take class from my son he can fart and walk off timing it so it looked like me or his dad who done it and he always wait until we on tube train lift or picutures..

being stuck on crowed train and seeing person next to you hair crawling with head lice worse thing for me.
this difficult situation if he no help farting,best thing save up as many farts as possible and let them off next to him

:giggle:...and Chili & Lima Beans....even put a Whoopie Cushion in my Chair....maybe take all my underwear with holes from shooting those farts and ask him/her if they wanna smell 'em....Beano, anyone?

lol haw haw haw
fuck thats funny LMAO

i got a fart book, anyone interested for donation of this?

very nice with aromas of cabbage, chilli con carne beans and some mustard seeds pass-thru oh and some beers especially overly hopped ones

I was reprimanded this morning by my mother for farting in her presence. So no breakfast for me :(

I was reprimanded this morning by my mother for farting in her presence. So no breakfast for me :(

Did you really?....Not nice or pleasant in the AM....Maybe she served you burnt oatmeal?...serves ya right...don't fart in Mom's presence.

true story, two of my mates (hearing) when i was young, about 19, we were at his place, bored, then smoked weed then had an idea, brought out the cassette player (remmy 80's music stuff right/ cool right none of usb, mp3, shit just real clean music)...

we decided to recorded each other farts and play back...
it was hilirous...
went on for ages, i dont know how we did it we all managed to drink lots coke too (gas helps you know), and beer and more weed... and i cant remmy what we ate, nuts beans something?

it got so funny, that we decided to light it (gas lighter for ciggies) farts on that LOL

Steven did the best...greg did the longest farts, mine wasnt impressive guess they were loading up long before i arrived for some weed...

fuck, it was one of the funniest times ever...

encourage record your own farts , turn up volume and listen (if you can hear some) LOL or do it to piss the hearies off...

The problem with flatulence can be part of medical condition, especially IBS and GI issues, that's not funny at all. There is limited remedies to help with unpleasant odors and try to eat less gassy foods, however it don't work for all people.

Back