Work... (has some cussing, lots of anger, just a warning)

hey pinky :wave:

i feel ya.. at my work currently is in chaos at wal-mart. everyone's been quitting and leave us few people left to work and its been terrible and alot of stress.. i'm thinking of quitting soon (more likely wanted to be fired instead of quit) after i get my stakeholders bonus. the reason i kinda wanted to be fired is that i can get unemployment checksso :-x and go to School fulltime for my sake!

right now at average of 3 unloaders working in the backroom unloading trucks (and that's VERY low!) we normally have average of 6 to 8 unloaders a day.
its been a hell for 3 of us daily unloading at average of 2,000 to 3,500 peices a day.. and thats almost more than 1,000 peice a day for each person :shock: and they can be weight from 1 lb to 75 lbs. and the management still make this a stupid rule.. must be done with 1st truck by 5:30 (1 hour and half) and done with 2nd truck by 7:30 (1 hour and 45 min)

Alex said:
Isn't it true that if you walk away from your job, after working for at least a year, you're not eligible for unemployment benefits? The same applies if you hand in your resignation paper, you're not eligible for unemployment benefits because you're practically walking away?

Pinkster and Downing: I'm sorry about the way you guys have been treated at your jobs. If you ever need free legal advice, go visit www.freeadvice.com particularly their Employment and Labor Law forums.

Good luck.

Yeah. Unemployment is guarunteed when you're laid off, but if you're fired, it depends on what you got fired for. (Thats what the payroll lady at my work said.) When you willfully hand in a resignation, you're severing all ties with the company and they are not "responsible" so to speak, for your resignation. Which is crap if you ask me.

Thanks for the website :)

Back