Woman Was Her Own Twin-and the Twin Was the Mother of Her Children

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pregnancy No Proof of Motherhood; Woman Was Her Own Twin-and the Twin Was the Mother of Her Children

Thanks to a rare medical condition, a Washington state woman found out that pregnancy was not enough to prove motherhood; DNA testing indicated that she was, in fact, not the mother of her own children – so who was? During the course of a desperate battle to retain custody of her three children, it was discovered that her twin was the real biological parent. The twist? She, 26-year-old Lydia Fairchild, was her own twin.

By the time Fairchild was 23 years old, she had given birth to two children and was pregnant with a third. Her relationship with the father had been rocky. They separated – not for the first time – and she found herself, at 26, a struggling, single mother; out of work and unable to support her kids. When she applied for government assistance, however, her world was shattered by an incredible revelation – one that led to criminal accusations and the impending prospect of losing her children to the state.

(Read more...)

Whoa.

:shock:

This could carry a lot of legal implications.

Wow, that is an amazing story , it would made a good mystery movie .
If that woman has anymore babies she have it recorded to prove she had it.

I saw this awhile back on Dateline or some other show like that. This lady did have pictures and videos of her pregnancies and deliveries. I can't imagine how much pain she endured being told she lied about her babies. Even being pregnant was not enough. Crazy!

Wow. That is really amazing to find herself that she was carrying her "Chimera" genes which indicated that she had "fraternal twin" inside of her. It mentioned that the gene contain only "her hair and teeth". That is far fetched in the name of science. Incredible. :shock:

They found no genetic link AT ALL? She would at least be their Aunt genetically, right? Did I miss something?

I had to read the title a couple of times there... :laugh2: Wow though, that's incredibly amazing!

Wow! Had to read that carefully to make sense of it all. I'm glad that the courts finally recognized her as the mother along with the rest of the world

Wow! Had to read that carefully to make sense of it all. I'm glad that the courts finally recognized her as the mother along with the rest of the world

Me too...had to read and re-read it over a few times....

i heard of this before and judge said he wondered how many people have ended up in jail cos may not be as uncommon as people think...lets face it why would most of us need dna tests

Back