Woman says she killed 20+ people

so like I said.... because of Supreme Court's ruling.... Illinois cannot ban it but they surely can make it very restrictive.

NJ and NYC do not ban CCW but it's so restrictive that even former police officers cannot get one. I think maybe less than 200 people in NJ have CCW permits :dunno:

That's not a lot.

Some in our state want even looser requirements. (We recently passed the law to allow carrying in bars and restaurants.) Now some want "Constitutional carry."

The Post and Courier
S.C. Senate panel likely kills 'constitutional carry' for the year
Jeremy Borden
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:11 p.m., Updated: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:02 a.m.

COLUMBIA - South Carolinians who want to carry a concealed firearm will continue to be required to apply for a permit and receive a background check and training, an S.C. Senate panel decided Tuesday.

State Sen. Lee Bright, R-Spartanburg, hoped to advance a measure known as "constitutional carry" that would have allowed anyone to carry a weapon - in the open or concealed - without a permit. The Senate Judiciary Committee proved hostile to the idea, voting 17-4 to take the bill off the table. The committee's move makes it nearly impossible for the bill to move forward.

Sens. Bright, Shane Martin, R-Spartanburg; Katrina Shealy, R-Lexington; and Thomas Corbin, R-Greenville; voted for the bill, S. 115.

They and other gun rights advocates, including Gov. Nikki Haley, said that more guns on the streets would make criminals think twice about attacking someone and make the state safer. They also argue that the Second Amendment is clear and grants anyone the right to carry a weapon without going to the government first.

Bright's measure also would have also made it legal for non-violent felons to buy and carry a weapon. However, there are many violent crimes classified as non-violent in South Carolina's legal code, senators said. Bright said that it wasn't his intent for serious criminals to be able to obtain guns and offered to compromise on that issue.

He never got the chance. Instead, the committee had a lengthy back-and-forth that often bordered on the absurd on what government infringement of rights means.

Bright was asked whether he considered stop signs government infringement. "Somebody's got to stop or everybody collides," he said. He was also asked whether he would support someone being able to carry hand grenades. He said that was not what the committee was there to debate.

Accidents happen in all kinds of settings, he and others said. People drown and get electrocuted, not to mention choke to death on hot dogs, Bright said. "Would it be OK if we had a hot dog eating class required?" Bright asked. He said that most people who carry guns are law-abiding and that the training required by the concealed-weapons permit is not necessary and not consistent with the Second Amendment.

Sen. John Scott, D-Richland, said the idea that anyone could carry a weapon concerns everyone, including law enforcement. "I think . more young people will be injured and killed, innocent people will be gunned down. Anything can happen."

Bright said the vote settles the matter for now. "I don't think it will come back this year," he said of the issue.

Bright said that he would likely bring the bill up again next year and give constituents and gun rights groups the summer to lobby legislators on the issue. "After this, they'll all raise Cain about it," he said.
S.C. Senate panel likely kills 'constitutional carry' for the year – The Post and Courier
(Sorry about posting the whole article but some ADers can't access the news link.)

Another Alaska girl finds fame Outside. Outside is what we call the lower 48 up here.

So were any of the 20+ victims deaf? How can we be equal if there are only hearing people killed by her?

It costs around $700 to $1,000 to fly from Alaska to Philadelphia (round trip). I did research about Fairbanks, and North Pole (where she lives). North Pole is very SMALL town, and have Pizza Hut as their largest restaurant. Fairbanks is very dull city, but it's neighbor to most beautiful national park in America - Denali National Park. I'd want to visit Alaska because of Denali, visit Anchorage, and off to full day fishing. :cool2:

I think you would like the small town of Girdwood, Alaska. It has awesome skiing and boretide surfing along with being close to great fishing, awesome scenery, and a destination point for Alaska's smoking hot females.

North Pole is a small town, currently it is a difficult spot as the Koch Brothers are shutting down their refinery there. The refinery has had spills there before the Koch brothers that put the industrial solvent sulfalone into the water suppy for over a decade. This may explain something about Miranda's behavior. There are some wonderful people there in North Pole. It is sad what has happened there.

The Satanic cult leader Miranda is talking about is probably dear old Dad.
He is using the,"the best defense is a good offense strategy", while throwing his daughter under the bus as hard as he can. Otherwise why make a statement like this? I hope authorities are taking a hard look at him.

I don't think she killed as many as that she wants notoriety there are people like that...She evil girl and should be locked up but she got mental problem apart from being psycopath

Our amazingly good online newspaper up here has done a follow up story on Miranda Barbour

Accused Craigslist killer Miranda Barbour had traumatic start in life | Alaska Dispatch

I cannot help but wonder if her husband is related to the former governor Haley Barbour that pardoned 200 Mississippi prisoners on his way out.

Wow, that is terrible that she was being sexually abused by her Uncle. I agree that her Uncle would never changed. But they had to tried to see if he had gone through rehabilitation of getting help for his abuse to his niece and other children including the baby. I am shocked about the baby that he had sex with or molest with. No wonder Miranda had been suffering those abuses. She did not want to be with her father, either. She would rather be with her mother. And she was crying for help, but no one listen to her. I am fathom on why she was being watched like a hawk. There was no freedom for her to breathe and to be a teenager even if she is 16 years old.

One thing I don't like about is her father belittled her on her bad behavior and that she was a liar and manipulator. I don't think that he is a good father to her. He does sound like he is shirking her from his responsibilities as a parent. That is sad. I guess she was wishing that she want to be dead because of that. Her life is a mess. It will be up to the court to decide what to do with her. Maybe she will go to the Mental hospital. Just have to wait for update on her. :(

Back