Windows XP allowed to live again

Do whatever as you please; XP's mainstream support is still going to die next month.

You guys who cling onto XP ..... are going to be SOL - no formal support, no component updates, no non-security hotfixes, etc.

Do whatever as you please; XP's mainstream support is still going to die next month.

You guys who cling onto XP ..... are going to be SOL - no formal support, no component updates, no non-security hotfixes, etc.

Who is hell cares about XP mainstream support end, even XP is more stable and will be on extended support.

Your post doesn't make any sense about Vista, that's your opinion but we have different opinion too, SOL is only applies to you only.

Why your desktop still have Windows XPSP3?

No worry... :cool:

As long as we have SP3 downloaded and burn it to CD, we'll just be fine with antivirus and spyware installed.

Plus throw in Firefox ect.

To keep it alive for few years till you can't get through any website ect.

Until M$ finally put Windows 7 into market or the next.. Windows 8 (last version) then you know what M$ will change something newer.

Remember some people still clings to Windows 98SE 5 years after support cut off. Some vendors still sell software with Windows 98 in extended time till it's gotten so old.

I still see Windows 2k requirement on some softwares and hardwares still floating around. Win 2k already have SP4 tho.

It would be good idea to back it up with Norton Ghost or Acronis Trueimage for the very last time before support is gone next month.

That what is wonder why people still clings cuz newer OS still have bug that dogged performance and compatibility issue.. Plus some are sick and tired of upgrading PC due to budget reason. Not everyone are rich to replace it.

Catty

It's not necessarily.

Vista is run so better on recent PC like after 2006 with faster CPU and more RAM, x64 Vista is run so better than x32 Vista.

Performance for between x64 Vista and XP are almost similar.

The system requirements for vista and windows 7 are nearly the same. So unless they did something major in windows 7 i'm sure it'll be a resource hog as well.

I support myself. I do my own computer repair and troubleshooting, so that's not much of an issue to me. As for updates, hot fixes, patches, etc.. I'm still getting them off the updates and download website. They have not stop putting that stuff out for now. I suspect they wont either as extended support continues until 8 April 2014. I think most will have moved onto windows 7 by 2014 anyways. Windows 7 should have 1 or 2 service packs by then too.

The system requirements for vista and windows 7 are nearly the same. So unless they did something major in windows 7 i'm sure it'll be a resource hog as well.

According to test, Windows 7 isn't resource hog anymore and MS already know so better.

According to test, Windows 7 isn't resource hog anymore and MS already know so better.

I truly hope you are right. I have yet to see a computer that would run vista efficiently and stable off less then 3-4 gigs.

I truly hope you are right. I have yet to see a computer that would run vista efficiently and stable off less then 3-4 gigs.

If you have 4 GB or more for RAM then use 64 bit OS.

It would depends on computer and tech spec, older, outdated PC is running Vista so slower.

They confirmed Windows 7 is so fast on netbook but slower for Vista.

It would depends on computer and tech spec, older, outdated PC is running Vista so slower.

New netbooks will be operated Windows 7 full version earlier year than deskop and notebook. why?

The problem with that is hardware support is still limited and there are few if any applications that are 64.

I was talking to an IT tech at work and he said that Windows 7 was the SP3 for Vista. If you load Win 7 and don't like it, you can't go back. I'm sticking with XP for now.

He also said that Explorer 8 was better than IE7. If you don't like it, it's easy to change back. Looks like a busy summer for me.

I support myself. I do my own computer repair and troubleshooting, so that's not much of an issue to me. As for updates, hot fixes, patches, etc.. I'm still getting them off the updates and download website. They have not stop putting that stuff out for now. I suspect they wont either as extended support continues until 8 April 2014. I think most will have moved onto windows 7 by 2014 anyways. Windows 7 should have 1 or 2 service packs by then too.

Yeah, thought so. Some computer already have "Big Fix" icon next to clock. It's another XP Updater program like in Emachine, few HP system ect. I told my friend just update their system as often as they can. So that it can run smooth until support ended on XP.

As for Windoz 7, it's always a Service Pack for it anyway. Then final Windoz 8 coming up near future and afterward, Who knows M$ would 'marry' Linux :rofl2:

Catty

:orly:

Two of my system doesn't have XP update, I just thew in SP3 and tide over with Antivirus program.. That's all I need.

Catty

I been test window 7 I say WAY BEST than Vista Ultimate

No crash or freeze like Vista do.

If window 7 out I would buy computer with window 7 it good.

I do like vista but problem is they are slow on my 5 months old laptop that have 4 gb ram.

I been test window 7 I say WAY BEST than Vista Ultimate

No crash or freeze like Vista do.

If window 7 out I would buy computer with window 7 it good.

I do like vista but problem is they are slow on my 5 months old laptop that have 4 gb ram.

Slow? Get linux. Since everyone had been complaining about slowness, no matter how many ram you have. Linux is the answer.

Back