Windows XP allowed to live again

We bought new PC Vista at 2 weeks ago to rid of our 6 years old PX PC. I would say that I prefer XP window over Vista... I do not against Vista but ....

With XP, I can do what I want with artwork to create anything with photoshop... but with Vista... definitely suck!!! I am still practising...

We plan to sell XP window PC to Ebay... now we change our mind to keep it for use computer games, artwork, etc.

PC games doesn't work on vista because most of my boys' PC games are XP...:(

We bought new PC Vista at 2 weeks ago to rid of our 6 years old PX PC. I would say that I prefer XP window over Vista... I do not against Vista but ....

With XP, I can do what I want with artwork to create anything with photoshop... but with Vista... definitely suck!!! I am still practising...

We plan to sell XP window PC to Ebay... now we change our mind to keep it for use computer games, artwork, etc.

you can simply reformat it to WinXP. It'll take about an hour.

you can simply reformat it to WinXP. It'll take about an hour.

How?

My Photoshop CD is for window 2003 and XP only and my boys' PC games are mostly XP. I tried everything but vista is too stubborn...

How?

My Photoshop CD is for window 2003 and XP only and my boys' PC games are mostly XP. I tried everything but vista is too stubborn...

"Reformat your computer" means it will erase everything. Bye Bye Vista. Your computer will be like XP computer.

"Reformat your computer" means it will erase everything. Bye Bye Vista. Your computer will be like XP computer.

Oh I see...

It mean that I have to buy CD for downloading to reformat my computer to rid of vista?

Oh I see...

It mean that I have to buy CD for downloading to reformat my computer to rid of vista?

don't you have WinXP cd already for your old computer? You can use that CD for your new computer.

I can't blame on you about situation with Vista.

I thought Vista would be flawlessly like XP but it's not really and I have problem with Vista 64 bit because of network, won't connect to internet after wake up. :(

don't you have WinXP cd already for your old computer? You can use that CD for your new computer.

Yes, I have...

really? I can do that? :shock: wow, I really never thought about this...

I will check with my oldest son & friends on this.

Really? Is it too easy install to rid vista to have XP again with my old CD?

Yup, very easy, depends on PC, if PC is 8 years ago and would take about hour to install XP.

You have reformat the HDD first before install XP, just use quick format.

:ty: to you both, Jiro and Foxrac!!!! I will let my boys know.

:ty: to you both, Jiro and Foxrac!!!! I will let my boys know.

Yup, you need have drivers to ready too.

If you own laptop with Vista pre-installed then you will be in alot of headache to find drivers.

process to reformat + install + drivers? 1 hr

No, It took 30 min to be ready for my PC.

Install driver is easy, I do in OS and took less than 10 min to be ready.

No, It took 30 min to be ready for my PC.

Install driver is easy, I do in OS and took less than 10 min to be ready.

Depend on your PC performance. Powerful PC go fast and old one possible go slow.

Depend on your PC performance. Powerful PC go fast and old one possible go slow.

Yup, it's about HDD and transfer.

HDD with SATA and 7200 RPM would install XP so faster than HDD with IDE and 4200-5400 RPM.

My old HP PC took 1 and half hour to install XP due HDD is 4200 RPM and IDE.

If you have XP with no SP (2001 version) wouldn't able to install with SATA without any driver via floppy disk.

Back