Windows 10 Upgrade free

Many of older version of Recovery Disc only work in DVD method. Like LoveBlue's HP Pavilion laptop have recovery tools and will burn to DVD but not sure will able to burn to flash Drive, but you stated that you have Windows 8 and I'm sure this support USB flash Drive. It's a lot easier and cheaper method in a long run. Some recovery tool do support DVD, USB flash Drive or USB External Drive. DVD is soon becoming obsolete.

You know I got both DVDs and CDs, like about 75 each sitting on my shelf for long time. I don't know if I'll ever use it up.

It does support a flash drive for recovery. It says I'll need 26GB, hence my needing to get a 32GB one. I may look while I'm out & about tomorrow. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade anyway. Just getting prepared.

It does support a flash drive for recovery. It says I'll need 26GB, hence my needing to get a 32GB one. I may look while I'm out & about tomorrow. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade anyway. Just getting prepared.

Yeah, USB is the way to go. When Windows 492058215 come out, you can erase Windows 492058213 and backup Windows 492058214 version. DVD sucks, too many plastics in the landfill.

Yeah, USB is the way to go. When Windows 492058215 come out, you can erase Windows 492058213 and backup Windows 492058214 version. DVD sucks, too many plastics in the landfill.

The thing is she would not be buying them but already has them on hand.

I created media tool for Windows 10 on Microsoft website. I will able reinstall it via USB in near future. You can create it on Microsoft website via USB or DVD either.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I bought a 32 gb flash drive and will use that when I get around to it.

I took the plunge and upgraded to Windows 10 last night. The upgrade went smoothly. I don't think it took took too long but I'm not exactly sure how long, kicked it off then went and did other things. So far I'm happy with Windows 10 and I love the multi-desktop and other new multi-tasking new features.

The one surprise feature was pre-recording video while playing games... it records the last 30 seconds (default, but changable) always, then you can hit WIN-G (opens the game bar) and click a button to record the last 30 seconds (or whatever you set it to). So if you weren't actively recording, but something awesome happened, you can capture that.

So no problems but some nice new features. I did have to reinstall my display drivers (Nvidia) after upgrading. Overall I like it.

Side note: I also noticed that there's a roll back to Windows 8.1 (what I upgraded from) button that's available for a month after upgrading to Windows 10. So it seems it would be easy to roll back if you decided you didn't like Windows 10.

I discovered why I had problems my tecki said my graphics card not updated to windows 10 yet it proberly will in next ten days..He said lots of companies not done so yet

I played around with some laptops with Windows 10 at Best Buy yesterday. I noticed that Windows 10 consists of Windows 7 and 8/8.1. It is better organized than Windows 8/8.1.

skynet!! beware !!
Psh, use the internet at all and your info is out there. Don't use the internet, and your info is still out there because you do business with companies who use the internet. Live within the first world at all and your info is out there unless you're some kind of backwoods hermit.

Basically, we need to get over taboos and accept that privacy is a silly concept that's only real in our imagination anyway.

I wouldn't call it a silly concept. I still value as much as my privacy as I can if and when I have the control to maintain it. But I do agree with the rest of what you said. We're in an age where information on just about anything is readily available and/or stored no way around that unless you decide to live waaaaaaaaay off the grid in some deep forest or in the middle of the ocean (hmm...).

I wouldn't call it a silly concept. I still value as much as my privacy as I can if and when I have the control to maintain it. But I do agree with the rest of what you said. We're in an age where information on just about anything is readily available and/or stored no way around that unless you decide to live waaaaaaaaay off the grid in some deep forest or in the middle of the ocean (hmm...).

Or in NZ as Grummer is. :giggle:

Other NZers, please forgive me ... I'm just joshing with Grummer.

I think it's silly because it's only perceived privacy and not real. In reality, if someone wants to find out about us, they'll be able to do it, it only takes time. Maybe silly because it's silly to worry about things you really can't control.

If we all got over ourselves and the taboos around the things we think should be private went away it wouldn't be such a big deal. Honestly there are millions of people who share the same private things we want kept secret and none of us are really all that special or unique that we'd shock the world with our private lives.

When everyone knows everything, there's no more fear or anxiety to keep secrets secret, or embarrassment because of X, Y, or Z because millions of other people share X, Y, and Z with you. It'd force tolerance and acceptance to some degree.

And with Windows 10, or other giant corporations who collect data specifically... They're not targeting us individually, they really don't care about our private lives unless they can use facts about us to try and sell us more whatever. And the fear that the data would leak? There are easier ways to get info about people than tapping into Microsoft's big data.

I think it's silly because it's only perceived privacy and not real. In reality, if someone wants to find out about us, they'll be able to do it, it only takes time. Maybe silly because it's silly to worry about things you really can't control

Very true-- if someone is that determined they'll find a way. For the most part I'm not too worried- there's 7 billion people in the world what's so important about me (other than my financial information & credit card numbers)? I do understand the worry for some people related to maybe LGBT (if they are gay or transgender) as the climate for acceptance is not completely there worldwide or to anything else that is still... can't think of how I want to phrase it...controversial? I do agree that they shouldn't be but there's still people out there who do nasty stuff (including murder) if they found out these kinds of 'secrets'.

Agree with everything you said but for sure I'd rather keep safeguards on SOME things to keep my identity and banking/CC from being stolen :)

Regarding the privacy concerns, see if you can watch an episode of Catfish on MTV. They always manage to find the real person even if they fake their pictures and names. It might sound scary but if someone really wants to find you they will.

Of course if you want to be 100% private go live in the woods but do you want to give up TV, internet, restaurants, stores, etc.... all the modern conveniences?

It's interesting about how people are so worried about their own pc getting hacked. What you can do about large banking institutions, Hospitals, governments aaaannndd SSA already being hacked and releasing millions of data and your identity being compromise? Your personal stuff are out there now you know? So I have to let go of my worrisome, hacker win. There's nothing you can do about it. Time to apply identity theft protection and let them do the job.

It's interesting about how people are so worried about their own pc getting hacked. What you can do about large banking institutions, Hospitals, governments aaaannndd SSA already being hacked and releasing millions of data and your identity being compromise? Your personal stuff are out there now you know? So I have to let go of my worrisome, hacker win. There's nothing you can do about it. Time to apply identity theft protection and let them do the job.
This seems to be the way it is now. I think the government, and financial institutions need to come up with a better way to identify people. A 9 digit number (SSN) isn't exactly a great way to identify people. We need better ways to ID people when they're applying for loans, opening credit, getting a license, etc. etc. It's 2015... time to get out of the stone-age with personal ID. Higher assurance identification would solve a lot of the identify theft issues.

This seems to be the way it is now. I think the government, and financial institutions need to come up with a better way to identify people. A 9 digit number (SSN) isn't exactly a great way to identify people. We need better ways to ID people when they're applying for loans, opening credit, getting a license, etc. etc. It's 2015... time to get out of the stone-age with personal ID. Higher assurance identification would solve a lot of the identify theft issues.

There was a time when it was illegal to use the Social Security number for anything BUT Social Security. I would need to dig out my old paperwork from the late 1950's to get the exact wording. I do not remember when it was first allowed for other things.

There's nothing you can do about it. Time to apply identity theft protection and let them do the job.

Yep, my health insurance provider was hacked and all my sensitive information might be all over the world now. So I ended up requesting a credit freeze with the big 3 credit report companies. It's just a matter of time really when someone gets your info and all you can do is the best you can.

There was a time when it was illegal to use the Social Security number for anything BUT Social Security. I would need to dig out my old paperwork from the late 1950's to get the exact wording. I do not remember when it was first allowed for other things.
Yep. I remember my first SS card had printed on it that it was NOT to be used for identification purposes.

Back