Will I be able to get a hearing dog?

been on waiting list long time,so looking forward day get it

I'm not training the dog to get out of stuff for the home. I have the flashing lights for the phone, VP and fire alarm. I will be getting the flashing doorbell. I am also getting my vibrating timer and I have my sonic boom with bed shaker. When I go walking I stay by the side of the road, but I don't hear cars come up and I almost got hit. I want to feel safe going out to the art festival or the craft show. I don't want to have to take my family everywhere.

That is why I have eyes to look around more often to see what's going on around me. I don't cross the street until all the cars are stopped.

Just start getting used being deaf and it is not necessary to get a hearing dog. Hearing dogs are for someone who don't want to get deaf alerting equipment for the home. A dog is more expensive to care in the long term than deaf alerting equipment for your home.

That is not only reason I wanted a hearing dog. I got fed up with people ramming their shopping wagons into me.

That is not only reason I wanted a hearing dog. I got fed up with people ramming their shopping wagons into me.
How is a hearing dog going to stop people from ramming their carts into you? I've seen people with hearing dogs get rammed with shopping carts. Even the dogs got rammed with shopping carts as well. The same goes for people with assistive dogs for the blind and for those in wheelchairs.

How is a hearing dog going to stop people from ramming their carts into you? I've seen people with hearing dogs get rammed with shopping carts. Even the dogs got rammed with shopping carts as well. The same goes for people with assistive dogs for the blind and for those in wheelchairs.

barking masks the swearing i expect:P

barking masks the swearing i expect:P
Hahaha...

If others are concerned with people ramming them with shopping carts, I'd be more concerned with kids skating around on heelies. :roll:

What's worse is a kid pushing a shopping cart while skating on heelies. (This actually happened at a store I was shopping at. He was pushing a cart while on heelies. He started losing control of the cart and couldn't stop because he was skating or his lack of common sense. He ended up crashing into a huge display stack of cereal knocking over half the display. He got up and skated away with his shopping cart. When the manager gave the parent the "look what your kid did" look, the parent just shrugged and walked away behind the kid. Jeez!)

Hahaha...

If others are concerned with people ramming them with shopping carts, I'd be more concerned with kids skating around on heelies. :roll:

What's worse is a kid pushing a shopping cart while skating on heelies. (This actually happened at a store I was shopping at. He was pushing a cart while on heelies. He started losing control of the cart and couldn't stop because he was skating or his lack of common sense. He ended up crashing into a huge display stack of cereal knocking over half the display. He got up and skated away with his shopping cart. When the manager gave the parent the "look what your kid did" look, the parent just shrugged and walked away behind the kid. Jeez!)

dont that do your head in when idiots let kids do that

Haha, sorry I have never heard of how many times people ram shopping carts into you. It only happened to me a few times...and these were my step-children. I spot before they go into me. :)

That is why I have eyes to look around more often to see what's going on around me. I don't cross the street until all the cars are stopped.

Sadly, this is not when crossing a street. It's in the parking lot of WalMart. I do keep my eyes moving as best as I can, but I am also keeping an eye out for my mother, who at 74, walks slower than molasses coming out of the jar. Can't leave her at home because then I have to deal with the crying.

I realize HEaring assistance dogs are a touchy subject, so I will bow out for now.

You sure you aren't just looking for a companion?

And there ain't nothing wrong with that either.

DOn't worry about all the people telling you don't need one. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but it doesn't matter. What do you want? That's what matters. If you are able to get one, if it will make you feel safer, or more independent, whatever, that's what matters. If you would also like a companion, that's what matters.

Do what makes you happy and comfortable, not what other peole think you should do.

And there ain't nothing wrong with that either.

DOn't worry about all the people telling you don't need one. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but it doesn't matter. What do you want? That's what matters. If you are able to get one, if it will make you feel safer, or more independent, whatever, that's what matters. If you would also like a companion, that's what matters.

Do what makes you happy and comfortable, not what other peole think you should do.

Yes! I want to dress my Pekingese in a purple ballerina skirt and take him everywhere with me! :P

Back