Why Would You NOT Choose A CI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say "you will have perfect a whole spirit-body and no more deafness"..... Are you saying deaf persons are not just as perfect as hearing persons?

She's not saying anything so specific or negative. Her belief assures her a spirit-body perfect for her needs, apposed to the corporeal body we all inhabit, all of which are flawed in some manner.

So it's not your belief . . . it's not mine either. My belief is we're all deaf in the middle-life between reincarnations. That's why spirits don't talk so much and tend to be more visual and have to rattle chains to get the attention of hearie mortals.

To the question "Why Would You NOT Choose A CI?" my answer is I'm glad they work for so many people, but my implant didn't work for me, and I don't want to go through the wasted expense and time again.

Last edited:
Um the only reason why i wouldn't want to get ci is i don't like hospitals and doctors and stuff much..and i wud be scared of the whole surgery..but i guess it would be worth the risk if u get to hear sounds again that you could not before and have those great "moments". Again not everyone benefits..but i mean if ur ear is pretty much at apoint where u cant benefit from an ha at all anymore then i guess u don't have much to lose?...

Well ..let's not debating. God created the the person and He knows who will become disabilty. That's why there are the reason .Sometimes we can't see why and understands to accept it. Just remember deafness is not a tragedy.. Ignorance is the tragedy. For me I will never accept to have CI.. because this is who I am and always will be as a natural deaf person. Disabilty is only a temporary on earth.If you are saved and knowing that you are going to heaven .. you will have perfect a whole spirit-body and no more deafness. Disabilty is just a short time to suffering and accepting but knowing that you are who you are and it's all belongs to Him.
Be glad for you are as a deaf person as long as you knowing Jesus.:)
Let's leave God or Religions out of CI/HA threads. We do not want to get into a heated debate with you regarding God or Religions.

Personally I wouldn't know if I would want a CI or not simply because I can hear with my current digital hearing aids as I'm severely profounded deaf... why make it worst or what if you lose more of your hearing after the CI... I am not against anyone who has it.. more power to them ... It's a personal decision for everyone, we can't tell them what to do with their lives.. it's a first for everything!!

You do what makes you happy not from others..

ALL we need here is RESPECT people's decision ... :)

have a great day..

I have no problem with her post, if she'd make it as addressing *herself* but when she starts saying "you", then it sounds like she's telling us that WE have to feel the same way.

for example if she had instead said:

Disabilty is only a temporary on earth.If I am saved and knowing that I am going to heaven .. I will have perfect a whole spirit-body and no more deafness. Disabilty is just a short time to suffering and accepting but knowing that I am who I am and it's all belongs to Him.
Be glad that I am as a deaf person as long as I know Jesus.:)

that would have been fine, and along the lines of why SHE doesn't want CI's.

I have no problem with her post, if she'd make it as addressing *herself* but when she starts saying "you", then it sounds like she's telling us that WE have to feel the same way.

for example if she had instead said:

that would have been fine, and along the lines of why SHE doesn't want CI's.

seems like this person was preaching about religion more than explaining why she is against CIs. :dunno:

Debaters please take a step back.

I, for one, don't intend to close a thread useful to those contemplating a different technology due the cross words. Too many have used that ploy to close other threads.

This is not directed to one person. Please stop making comments in this thread for or against religion without first clearing them through Alex.

Please stop escalating comments about behaviors to personal attacks. There's a few degrees of difference.

Please stop making comments about behaviors here not directly involved with the topic "Why Would You NOT Choose A CI?"

Please don't presume the collective "you" means "you personally" and not "people in general." I also think the collective you is ambiguous, but nitpicking another's grammar is against principle here (though I think hangin's too good for 'em.)

I realize this request directly interferes with your (collective) freedom of speech, but this is in the realm of shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater just for giggles.

Please stay on topic from now on.

Well said, Chase.

I also would like to add something. It is not always aimed at "you" or "me". It goes both ways whether you realize it or not. It is only meant to say that provoking and enticing each other has gone too far. Really, I mean, to make a personal vendetta is like asking for a "fire" so to speak.

I also don't like it when I have to close a thread but at some point, it is needed to do so.

My humble apologies. :)

I was born hearing then I became deaf few years later, CI will never replace sounds I used to hear. I have not met anyone who got CI hear 100 percent and understand them 100 percent so not worth my time nor money to get CI.

Last time I saw the CI doctor in Knoxville (Tenn.,) he told me I wasn't qualified for it -- this was in the early 1990s. I had considered going back to Indianapolis for the doctor I first saw as a child in the early 1980s. Having considered for CI really hard, but thought being in my 30s now, it is probably too late for me to learn new tricks and etc. I am planning on trying hearing aids again, maybe that is what I really need.

I, for one, don't intend to close a thread useful to those contemplating a different technology due the cross words. Too many have used that ploy to close other threads.

This is not directed to one person. Please stop making comments in this thread for or against religion without first clearing them through Alex.

Please stop escalating comments about behaviors to personal attacks. There's a few degrees of difference.

Please stop making comments about behaviors here not directly involved with the topic "Why Would You NOT Choose A CI?"

Please don't presume the collective "you" means "you personally" and not "people in general." I also think the collective you is ambiguous, but nitpicking another's grammar is against principle here (though I think hangin's too good for 'em.)

I realize this request directly interferes with your (collective) freedom of speech, but this is in the realm of shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater just for giggles.

Welll said, Chase.

Welll said, Chase.

To the question "Why Would You NOT Choose A CI?" my answer is I'm glad they work for so many people, but my implant didn't work for me, and I don't want to go through the wasted expense and time again.

Ohh if you don't mind me asking, what happened?

The short, non-accusatory story is I paid to have best ear implanted. I experienced discomfort, vertigo, and noise, then reduced noise to total deafness. Veterans' hospital removed implant.

I won't go for CI since I had been born deaf and I am in very comfortable zone without CI or hearing aids. I still have hearing aids but I don't wear them very much.

I thought about it, but I decided to research it first (did it for a class assignment, too), and I found out there's a lot of risks to the operation. Risks I'm not willing to take, or put my future child through if he/she is deaf too. If anyone wants to see the powerpoint I made of it, let me know and I'll try to create a link to that.

I thought about it, but I decided to research it first (did it for a class assignment, too), and I found out there's a lot of risks to the operation. Risks I'm not willing to take, or put my future child through if he/she is deaf too. If anyone wants to see the powerpoint I made of it, let me know and I'll try to create a link to that.
Risks .. what risks ??

(here we go again.)

Would love to see the powerpoint..

the powerpoint is geared towards a classroom (it was part of my course on educational technologies), and I'm not sure how to attach the powerpoint. However, I can give you the link to the FAQ on the FDA website. US FDA/CDRH: Cochlear Implants - Benefits and Risks of Cochlear Implants

Scroll through it, the risks are quite extensive. Not only an increased risk for menegitis (not sure how to spell that), but also for nerve damage not only in the face (partial paralysis) but also damage to the nerves in the tongue, which will alter how foods taste. This is all on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back