why so many deaf single men?

I agree.

I don't like it when women change themselves just so that I will like them. When they change back, then they try to use it against me trying to make me change for them when I never asked them to change for me. :roll:

Excellent point.

It's so scary!!! When I was first learning ASL, I had never met a Deaf person, and didn't know ANYTHING about ASL, not even the alphabet. My ASL teacher said the only way to learn the language was to see and use the langauge... so here we are, a small group of students at the bowling alley on Deaf League night, terrified to talk to anyone. It's very intimidating. Luckily, most of the Deaf folks were very patient and understanding that we sucked at ASL lol.

Bowling? That's so midwestern! While I understand the plight of all ASL learners, my mind turns on screeching alarms saying "ASL student!" and I run until I cannot run no more.

Seriously, I hold language, as a tool, dearly. It's a very important tool. Go to the doctor or go to a class . . . without a solid use of language, you'd be lost. As an interpreter, I'm sure you'd understand. As a partner, your time is for loving and partnering . . . it shouldn't be dominated by teaching.

Yet another male bashing thread? There are just as many single women as there are men, as far as stastical numbers of deaf men vs deaf women, does anyone have those figures? There just might be alot more deaf men than deaf women-probably because women nagged them to deaf (oops, I just couldn't help saying that). Also it could be that hearing men love deaf women because of so little nagging and bitching which leaves fewer deaf women for deaf men (oh I'm on a role here)I'm kidding-no hate male please(get hate male). Seriously, it could just be the fact that deaf men are a little braver than deaf women at attending social events like Gallaudet, I don't know.

Maria,

High standards is what is suppose to be: be yourself with nothing fancy or being a rich. Just have a class and be a true gentleman. We have so many high standards in gentlemen's perferences, there is nothing wrong with that..Honest is one of greatest high standard to be share with include communicate. If there is a foundations to be builded along with pillars. For example, one pillar is cracked (communicate cracked), then others foundations have to covered it up and pulled the many supports to holds the foundations. If that pillar grew the cracks into broken, then foundations is whacked. Get the picture, ma'am? I hope its valid reasons to clear it up.

Feel free to disuss with :] Im open to opinions nor your pov.

Maria,

High standards is what is suppose to be: be yourself with nothing fancy or being a rich. Just have a class and be a true gentleman. We have so many high standards in gentlemen's perferences, there is nothing wrong with that..Honest is one of greatest high standard to be share with include communicate. If there is a foundations to be builded along with pillars. For example, one pillar is cracked (communicate cracked), then others foundations have to covered it up and pulled the many supports to holds the foundations. If that pillar grew the cracks into broken, then foundations is whacked. Get the picture, ma'am? I hope its valid reasons to clear it up.

If only all men think the way you do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said, NorCaL :) You are wise beyond your age :) Your lady is very lucky to have you :)

Thank you, ma'am. Unfortunely, there are not many gentlemen think the way as i do BUT thats RARE as i know.

Maria,

NorCal20,

Thanks, friend. I got it by your description of pillars. This is what my man and I are doing with each other. For instance: when he attempted to get a hold of me thru an email, his email went back to him....and that concerned him. It may give him a wrong or negative thought meaning that I will not come to meet him. When we finally chatted, he asked me if I am coming. I responded yes I am still coming. That will ease his " crack" or " doubt ". Right now, we both are building our foundation through our communicate with carefully words that we chose....that words show love. Our communication shows love for each other without thinking of our nationalities or how we dress or things that worldly people do nowdays. We think of " being there " for each other mentally and emotionally. And, yes honesty is very important in a relationship. My man is too transparent. We are " kooko " for each other. :lol:

Thanks for explaining what high standards means. Now, I know what you are talking about. Everything you said is true.

My man and I are committed to each other by biblical binding. :)

NorCal20,

Thanks, friend. I got it by your description of pillars. This is what my man and I are doing with each other. For instance: when he attempted to get a hold of me thru an email, his email went back to him....and that concerned him. It may give him a wrong or negative thought meaning that I will not come to meet him. When we finally chatted, he asked me if I am coming. I responded yes I am still coming. That will ease his " crack" or " doubt ". Right now, we both are building our foundation through our communicate with carefully words that we chose....that words show love. Our communication shows love for each other without thinking of our nationalities or how we dress or things that worldly people do nowdays. We think of " being there " for each other mentally and emotionally. And, yes honesty is very important in a relationship. My man is too transparent. We are " kooko " for each other. :lol:

Thanks for explaining what high standards means. Now, I know what you are talking about. Everything you said is true.

My man and I are committed to each other by biblical binding. :)

What is biblical binding?

What is biblical binding?

According to the bible what the bible teaches. No cheating or unfaithful and so forth. We don't follow what people are doing nowdays ( open relationship or threesome and so forth if, they agree. )

Is a relationship that has "biblical binding" or local religion-sanctioned affair any less or more than a loving relationship?

Do you love because religious texts told you so or do you love because you, truly, do?

According to the bible what the bible teaches. No cheating or unfaithful and so forth. We don't follow what people are doing nowdays ( open relationship or threesome and so forth if, they agree. )

I agreed to that. :lol:

If you want to have more chance to have a woman then you shouldn't expect too much, don't think about yourself and your confidence, make sure that you are hygienic and charming guy, have good sense of humors, don't tell a woman if she will not like to know (for instance, if you know that your penis is 1 inch then silly you shouldn't let her to know.), and listen to what she wants and talks. That's my summary advice :]

I never heard anyone use that term of "biblical binding" before.....

Me, either. But it sounds similar to the concept that the ploygamist sect in the news recently used to justify their "spiritual unions" with several young wives.

Is a relationship that has "biblical binding" or local religion-sanctioned affair any less or more than a loving relationship?

Do you love because religious texts told you so or do you love because you, truly, do?

The answer to the first question would be a "no".

The answer to the second is "If you claim to love for any reason other than the love itself, then you are not truly experiencing love, but learned behavior."

Back