Why share news on Facebook?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I may go to my friend's facebook page and read that 3 people were killed in Boston Marathon bombing.

I may go to other friend's facebook page and read that the Bulls clinched the playoffs.

I wonder why we have to post those on our pages? We've media outlets for that. Media can take care of them. Media is everywhere.

I would rather hear something from other people such as---

"It's amazing that the Bulls made the playoffs without Derrick Rose"
"Great that the Bulls make the playoffs, but they'll probably be out in 2nd round".

"It's sad that 3 people were killed, but it's fortunate that police acted fast and disabled cell phone reception so that more bombs don't go off.

"I feel for the family and friends of the 3 that were killed. I wonder how they can go on with their lives."

I want to hear your thoughts, not news.

I may go to my friend's facebook page and read that 3 people were killed in Boston Marathon bombing.

I may go to other friend's facebook page and read that the Bulls clinched the playoffs.

I wonder why we have to post those on our pages? We've media outlets for that. Media can take care of them. Media is everywhere.

I would rather hear something from other people such as---

"It's amazing that the Bulls made the playoffs without Derrick Rose"
"Great that the Bulls make the playoffs, but they'll probably be out in 2nd round".

"It's sad that 3 people were killed, but it's fortunate that police acted fast and disabled cell phone reception so that more bombs don't go off.

"I feel for the family and friends of the 3 that were killed. I wonder how they can go on with their lives."

I want to hear your thoughts, not news.

Instead of facing my problems, I facebook them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Because some of them are under rock whom never been on news website!

I'm not on facebook, but I think you can get updates to that immediately. You could also get updates immediately from the CNN site, but I'm not sure everyone would do that.

During 911, I was getting email from friends about news coming out of different cities and that was a pretty good thing. Twitter wasn't big at that point.

Today, I guess it just depends on what gets you the info in the most efficient manor.

Some people feel the need to post news on their Facebook pages. Others feel that they don't have the time to go looking for news elsewhere and prefer to find the news through their friends Facebook pages.

I'm the kind of person who prefers news from the original source, not from others. If someone mentions it elsewhere (like here or Facebook), I always check the link to read the actual article and then look up more articles on the same subject to see if there's more than what the first article is saying.

Sometimes, shared articles are biased based on the person who shared the article. I've gotten into heated debates with others because other prefer to rely on articles that were shared on Facebook than to actually look up for more information. :roll:

I think more than anything it's just personal expression.

On the bombings, most of my friends are expressing their hurt, their sorry and their fears.

On sporting events, they are rooting for their favorites.

I see no harm in it. It's the same as if you were with them. They will say these things in person because they feel comfortable expressing them to you.

I think more than anything it's just personal expression.

On the bombings, most of my friends are expressing their hurt, their sorry and their fears.

On sporting events, they are rooting for their favorites.

I see no harm in it. It's the same as if you were with them. They will say these things in person because they feel comfortable expressing them to you.

I use it to promote our business. It seems to work.

You work for a news agency?

No. I own a pavement maintenance company. The bulk of my business is line striping but I've grown into a one-stop pavement company. Facebook and LinkedIn have been great in helping me grow my business.

<--- that's me in the picture power sweeping an Amy's Ice Creams, a well-known local ice cream place in Austin.

Wirelessly posted

Helps people stay in touch with each other and good news reports. Then , some people like to post their problems and arguments. It has pros and cons.

i think stupid go on fb say daft stuff like your boss is an arse,so many people been hurt by unthinking stuff that posted...nothing as good as facing someone telling them..plus conversation gone, all sound bytes

My wife uses FB all the time but I've never been there.....

Wirelessly posted

caz12 said:
i think stupid go on fb say daft stuff like your boss is an arse,so many people been hurt by unthinking stuff that posted...nothing as good as facing someone telling them..plus conversation gone, all sound bytes

I avoid posting drama in my fb family members can go snitch on each other and cause more drama lol

Back