why magnet for implant?

Hmmmm. The Haydron Collider comment was meant to be a joke, like the several posts above were also "tongue in cheek" jokes but I guess Americans have yet to understand UK humour. :roll:

Large Hadron Collider is awesome (correct spelling, btw...unless you wanna talk about Large Hardon Collider? ;) ;P)

Hmmmm. The Haydron Collider comment was meant to be a joke, like the several posts above were also "tongue in cheek" jokes but I guess Americans have yet to understand UK humour. :roll:
No, just one Canadian.

Last edited:
Yeah sending to Mars-"tongue in cheek " Canadian version.

Tally Ho-"old chap?"DeafidomUK-saying from some your former country folks here in Toronto. Cricket club members.

Cheers

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Yeah sending to Mars-"tongue in cheek " Canadian version.

Tally Ho-"old chap?"DeafidomUK-saying from some your former country folks here in Toronto. Cricket club members.

Cheers

:lol: What do you mean former? Isn't Canada still loyal??

Good morning Bottesini: My reference is to former U K citizens- they have moved permanently to Canada-now Canadian citizens.

I understand the game of Cricket is "big in the U K". This according to persons I worked with - a long time ago- involved in Toronto Cricket Club.
DeafindomUk may have some insight on how Cricket is played there?

Bottesini: Canada is a separate country from the United Kingdom.

Nice to see "British humour" appreciated!

Pip Pip Ho Ho-old bean!

drphil, this just shows your ignorance:

"Pip Pip Ho Ho - old bean" is like saying 'G'day' to an Aussie, and even worse 'ching chong cho' to a Chinese. If you are portraying this as having some knowledge of different countries and cultures you are showing not just ignorance but pure foolishness.

Sorry Beclak- the comment I used came from a former citizen of the United Kingdom. We worked together a long time ago. Check post #47 Beowulf- a slight variation.

Whatever " Aussies" consider slang -not up to date on their latest.

As for Chinese-slang-ching chong cho? Don't understand Chinese.

drphil, this just shows your ignorance:

"Pip Pip Ho Ho - old bean" is like saying 'G'day' to an Aussie, and even worse 'ching chong cho' to a Chinese. If you are portraying this as having some knowledge of different countries and cultures you are showing not just ignorance but pure foolishness.

What the heck are you talking about? We say G'day to JClarke all the time.

And he to us. :hmm:

And as an American, if you see me, feel free to shout, "YO!"

Bott, My apologies :hug: ADers that say G'day to us Aussies - that is a genuine greeting. That is not what I am implying in this post.

I'm meaning that just a 'cliche' greeting is not proof that you have a good knowledge of the country or culture of that people. Another example is saying 'ching chong cho' in an attempt to say that you know some Chinese. Another example is someone wiggling their fingers to be "friendly" to someone who signs. It is a sure sign of ignorance if it is used in that way.

Last edited:
Sorry Beclak- the comment I used came from a former citizen of the United Kingdom. We worked together a long time ago. Check post #47 Beowulf- a slight variation.

Whatever " Aussies" consider slang -not up to date on their latest.

As for Chinese-slang-ching chong cho? Don't understand Chinese.

Beowulf's use of it in #47 is in correct context. See my post #53 for clarification.

And to think I came back to this thread to see if anything "important" was added to the discussion. LOL

The one that didn't get the humor was Canadian!:lol:

Bott, My apologies :hug: ADers that say G'day to us Aussies - that is a genuine greeting. That is not what I am implying in this post.

I'm meaning that just a 'cliche' greeting is not proof that you have a good knowledge of the country or culture of that people. Another example is saying 'ching chong cho' in an attempt to say that you know some Chinese. Another example is someone wiggling their fingers to be "friendly" to someone who signs. It is a sure sign of ignorance if it is used in that way.

It is, in fact, usually a cover for someone who knows nothing about other cultures except a superficial phrase or two. And frankly, is insulting as a result.

Around here, when an American says G'day to an aussie, it is out of respect for the difference in culture. After all, we are all about respecting different cultures in this forum. That is something that drphil has yet to understand. As a result, he comes across as patronizing and insulting when he ventures into that area.

RonJaxon: an excursion into various countries' slang. Not sure how magnets "click in"?
Is Jillio's diatribe a "reaction from excess magnetism in the Upper lobes"?

To the next " wild ride" -topic?

Cheers and smile while relaxing in the Rocking chair having a cup of Green tea. Thanks to Bottesini!

Implanted Advanced bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Back